- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Resonance Suppression using Sensorless Control of Dual SPMSMs Fed by Single Inverter
- Eom, Jae-Boo (Dep. of Electrical Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Choi, Jong-Woo (Dep. of Electrical Engineering, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2018.04.30
- Accepted : 2018.08.09
- Published : 2018.11.01
To reduce the size and cost of motor driving systems, several methods for driving multiple parallel-connected motors with a single inverter have been proposed. However, dual PMSMs driven by a single inverter, unlike induction motors, have a problem with instability due to system resonance caused by disturbances such as load imbalance and tolerances between two motors. To drive dual SPMSMs fed by a single inverter, this paper proposes an active damping algorithm to effectively suppress resonance by using one-sided sensorless speed control and position difference estimation. By deriving rotor position difference from d-q current differences between two motors, the proposed method is affected less by position difference estimation errors and is simpler than dual sensorless position estimation.
- E. Levi, M. Jones and S. N. Vukosavic, "Even-phase multi-motor vector controlled drive with single inverter supply and series connection of stator windings," IEE Pro. Electr. Power Appl., vol. 150.
- M. Jones, S. N. Vukosavic, D. Dujic, E. Levi, and P. Wright, "Five-leg inverter PWM technique for reduced switch count two-motor constant power applications," IET Electr. Power Appl., vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 257-287, Sep. 2008.
- Hyung-Woo Lee "Study on Characteristic due to Deviation of the Wheel Diameters with Parallel Operation," Journal of Electrical Eng. & Tech. vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 106-109, Feb. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.1.106
- P. M. Kelecy and R. D. Lorenz, "Control methodology for single inverter, parallel connected dual induction motor drives for electric vehicles," in Proc. IEEE Power Electron. Spec. Conf., 1994, vol. 2, pp. 987-991.
- F. Xu, L. Shi, and Y. Li, "The weighted vector control of speed-irrelevant dual induction motors fed by the single inverter," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 5665-5672, Dec. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2259263
- I. X. Bogiatzidis, A. N. Safacas, E. D. Mitronikas, and G. A. Christopoulos, "A novel control strategy applicable for a dual AC drive with common mechanical load," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 2022-2036, Nov./Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2012.2226196
- K. Matsuse, H. Kawai, Y. Kouno, and J. Oikawa, "Characteristics of speed sensorless vector controlled dual induction motor drive connected in parallel fed by a single inverter," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 153-161, Jan./Feb. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2003.821805
- D. Bidart, M. Pietrzak-David, P. Maussion, and M. Fadel, "Mono inverter dual parallel PMSM-Structure and Control strategy," 34th Annual Conference of IEEE. IECON 2008, pp. 268-273, Nov. 2008.
- D. Bidart, M. Pietrzak-David, P. Maussion, and M. Fadel, "Mono inverter multi-parallel permanent magnet synchronous motor: structure and control strategy," IET, Electric Power Applications., vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 288 294, Mar. 2011.
- Yongjae Lee, Jung-Ik Ha, "Control Method for Mono Inverter Dual Parallel Surface Mounted Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine Drive System," 2014 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), pp. 4843-4849, Sept. 2014.
- Yongjae Lee, Jung-Ik Ha, "Control Method for Mono Inverter Dual Parallel Surface Mounted Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine Drive System," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics., vol. 62, pp. 6096-6107, April 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2015.2420634
- Chang-Bum Kim, Chul Yun, Byung-Keun Yoon, Nae-Soo Cho, Woo-Hyen Kwon, "Parallel Sensorless Speed Control using Flux-axis Current for Dual SPMSMs Fed by a Single Inverter," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology vol.10 no.3,pp. 1048-1057 Mar. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.3.1048
- N. Matsui, T. Takeshita, and K. Yasuda, "A new sensorless drive of brushless DC motor," in Proc. IECON '92, pp. 430-435, 1992.
- N. Matsui, "Sensorless PM brushless DC motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 300-308, Apr. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.491354