- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Decomposition Properties of Trifluoroiodomethane under Discharges and Interruptions
- Cai, Fan-Yi (NARI Group Corp., State Grid Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Tan, Dong-Xian (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University) ;
- Zhou, Bai-Jie (NARI Group Corp., State Grid Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Xue, Jian (NARI Group Corp., State Grid Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Xiao, Deng-Ming (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
- Received : 2018.05.23
- Accepted : 2018.08.27
- Published : 2018.11.01
This paper is devoted to detecting decomposition characteristics of Iodotrifluoromethane (
Grant : Research on SF6 Alternative Gas for Insulation and Arc Quenching Application
Supported by : SGCC
L. G. Christophorou and R. J. Vanbrunt, "
$SF_6/N_2$Mixtures - Basic and HV Insulation Properties," IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., vol. 2, pp. 952-1003, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/94.469988
- J. Reilly, R. Prinn, J. Harnisch, J. Fitzmaurice, H. Jacoby, D. Kicklighter, et al., "Multi-gas assessment of the Kyoto Protocol," Nature, vol. 401, p. 549, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1038/44069
L. G. Christophorou and J. K. Olthoff, "Electron Interactions With
$SF_6$," Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data, vol. 29, pp. 267-330, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1288407
Y. Yokomizu, M. Suzuki, and T. Matsumura, "Thermodynamic, transport and radiation properties of high-temperature
$CF_3I$and transient conductance of residual arc sustained in axial $CF_3I$flow," IEEJ Trans. Electr. Electron. Eng., vol. 1, pp. 268-275, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1002/tee.20050
X. Zhang, S. Tian, S. Xiao, Y. Li, Z. Deng, and J. Tang, "Experimental studies on the power-frequency breakdown voltage of
$CF_3I$/ $N_2$/ $CO_2$gas mixture," Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 121, p. 103303, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4978069
X. Zhao, J. Jiao, and D. Xiao, "Breakdown Electric Field of Hot 30%
$CF_3I$/ $CO_2$Mixtures at Temperature of 300-3500 K During Arc Extinction Process," Plasma Science and Technology, vol. 18, p. 1095, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1088/1009-0630/18/11/07
H. Katagiri, H. Kasuya, H. Mizoguchi, and S. Yanabu, "Investigation of the performance of
$CF_3I$Gas as a Possible Substitute for $SF_6$," IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 15, pp. 1424-1429, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2008.4656252
- S. Solomon, J. B. Burkholder, A. R. Ravishankara, and R. R. Garcia, "Ozone depletion and global warming potentials of CF3I," Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, vol. 99, pp. 20929-20935, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1029/94JD01833
Y.-Y. Duan, M.-S. Zhu, and L.-Z. Han, "Experimental vapor pressure data and a vapor pressure equation for trifluoroiodomethane (
$CF_3I$)," Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 121, pp. 227-234, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-3812(96)03005-1
M. K. Donnelly, R. H. H. Jr., and J. C. Yang, "
$CF_3I$Stability Under Storage," Technical Note (NIST TN), NIST Pubs 2004.
M. Kamarudin, " Experimental investigation of
$CF_3I$ $CO_2$gas mixtures on the breakdown characteristics in uniform and nonuniform field configurations " PhD, Engineering, Cardiff University, 2013.
M. K. Mohd Jamil, S. Ohtsuka, M. Hikita, H. Saitoh, and M. Sakaki, "Gas by-products of
$CF_3I$under AC partial discharge," Journal of Electrostatics, vol. 69, pp. 611-617, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elstat.2011.08.007
T. Takeda, S. Matsuoka, A. Kumada, and e. al, "Sparkover characteristics in
$CF_3I$gas and $CF_3I$/ $N_2$gas mixture under non-uniform field gaps," IEEJ Transactions on Power and Energy, vol. 130, pp. 813-818, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1541/ieejpes.130.813
Y. p. Tu, F. w. Zhou, C. Wang, S. c. Qin, and Y. Luo, "Discharge breakdown by-products of
$CF_3I$/ $N_2$gas mixtures at high pressure," in 2016 IEEE Electrical Insulation Conference (EIC), 2016, pp. 301-304.
X. Zhang, S. Xiao, J. Zhang, C. Li, Q. Dai, and Y. Han, "Influence of humidity on the decomposition products and insulating characteristics of
$CF_3I$," IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., vol. 23, pp. 819-828, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2015.005456
S. Xiao, Y. Li, X. X. Zhang, J. Tang, S. S. Tian, and Z. T. Deng, "Formation mechanism of
$CF_3I$discharge components and effect of oxygen on decomposition," Journal of Physics D-Applied Physics, vol. 50, Apr 2017.
H. Kasuya, Y. Kawamura, H. Mizoguchi, and e. al, "Interruption capability and decomposed gas density of
$CF_3I$as a substitute for $SF_6$gas," IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., vol. 17, pp. 1196-1203, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2010.5539690
Y. Hu, T. Wu, W. Liu, L. Zhang, and R. Pan, "
$CF_3I$Synthesis Catalyzed by Activated Carbon: A Density Functional Theory Study," The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 118, pp. 1918-1926, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1021/jp410133v
G.-C. Yang, S. Lei, R.-M. Pan, and H.-D. Quan, "Investigation of
$CF_2$carbene on the surface of activated charcoal in the synthesis of trifluoroiodomethane via vapor-phase catalytic reaction," Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, vol. 130, pp. 231-235, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfluchem.2008.10.004
- NFPA 2001 Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems, 1996 Edition, National Fire Protection Association, Quincy, MA, 1996.
- Ledbetter, A., "Acute Inhalation Toxicity Study of Iodotrifluoromethane in Rats", Final Report Project No. 1530-001; Study No. 2, ManTech Environmental Technology, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, Center for Global Environmental Technologies, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1994.
- NFPA 2001 Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems, 2000 Edition, National Fire Protection Association, Quincy, Massachusetts, 2000.
Q. Gao, A. Yang, X. Wang, A. B. Murphy, Y. Li, C. Zhang, et al., "Determination of the Dominant Species and Reactions in Non-equilibrium
$CO_2$Thermal Plasmas with a Two-Temperature Chemical Kinetic Model," Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing, vol. 36, pp. 1301-1323, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11090-016-9719-0
X. Wang, L. Zhong, M. Rong, A. Yang, D. Liu, Y. Wu, et al., "Dielectric breakdown properties of hot
$SF_6$gas contaminated by copper at temperatures of 300-3500 K," Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, vol. 48, p. 155205, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/48/15/155205
- NIST Computational Chemistry Comparison and Benchmark Database, [Online]. Available: http://cccbdb.nist.gov/.