- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
SEC Approach for Detecting Node Replication Attacks in Static Wireless Sensor Networks
- Sujihelen, L. (Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Sathyabama Institute of Science & Technology) ;
- Jayakumar, C. (Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering) ;
- Senthilsingh, C. (Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Adhi College of Engineering)
- Received : 2017.02.16
- Accepted : 2018.01.02
- Published : 2018.11.01
Security is more important in many sensor applications. The node replication attack is a major issue on sensor networks. The replicated node can capture all node details. Node Replication attacks use its secret cryptographic key to successfully produce the networks with clone nodes and also it creates duplicate nodes to build up various attacks. The replication attacks will affect in routing, more energy consumption, packet loss, misbehavior detection, etc. In this paper, a Secure-Efficient Centralized approach is proposed for detecting a Node Replication Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks for Static Networks. The proposed system easily detects the replication attacks in an effective manner. In this approach Secure Cluster Election is used to prevent from node replication attack and Secure Efficient Centralized Approach is used to detect if any replicated node present in the network. When comparing with the existing approach the detection ratio, energy consumption performs better.
- Akyildiz, I. F., Su, W., Sankarasubramaniam, Y., & Cayirci, E. "A survey on sensor networks," IEEE Communication, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 102-114, 2002.
- Alekha Kumar Mishra, Asis Kumar Tripathy, Arun Kumar, and Ashok Kumar Turuk, "A Replica Detection Scheme Based on the Deviation in Distance Traveled Sliding Window for Wireless Sensor Networks," Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 2017.
- Brooks R, Govindaraju PY, Pirretti M, Vijaykrishnan N, KandemirMT, "On the detection of clones in sensor networks using random key predistribution," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1246-1258, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCC.2007.905824
- L. Sujihelen, C. Jayakumar, C. Senthilsingh, "Detecting Node Replication Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks Survey," Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 2015, vol. 8, no. 16, 2015.
- Vijayan K, Raaza A, "A novel cluster arrangement energy efficient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks," Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 9, no. 2, 2016.
- Wang Y, Attebury G, Ramamurthy B, "A survey of security issues in wireless sensor networks," IEEE Communications Survey and Tutorials, vol. 8, pp. 1-23, 2006.
- Wazir Zada Khan, Mohammed Y. Aalsalem, Mohammed Naufal Bin Mohammed Saad, Yang Xiang, "Detection and Mitigation of Node Replication Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey," International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 9, no. 5, 2013.
- Znaidi Wassim, Marine Minier, Stephane Ubeda, "Hierarchical Node Replication Attacks Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks," International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 9, no. 4, 2013.
- Choi H, Zhu S, La Porta TF, "SET: Detecting node clones in sensor networks," Third International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communications Networks, pp. 17-21, 2007.
- Ko LC, Chen HY, Lin GR, "A neighbor-based detection scheme for wireless sensor networks against node replications attacks," IEEE International Conference on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Workshop, pp. 1-6, 2009.
- Manjula V., Chellappan C, "The Replication Attack in Wireless Sensor Networks: Analysis and Defenses," Advances in Networks and Communications. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 132, 2011.
- Xing K, Cheng X, Liu F, Du DHC, "Real-time detection of clone attacks in wireless sensor networks," International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pp. 3-10, 2008.
- Yu CM, Lu CS, Kuo SY, "CSI: Compressed sensing-based clone identification in sensor networks," IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, vol. 290, 2012.
- Znaidi M, Ubeda MS, "Hierarchical node replication attacks detection in wireless sensors networks," Proceedings of IEEE Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, vol. 82, 2009.
- Y. Zhang & P. Kitsos, "Security in RFID and Sensor Networks," CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, chapter 14, pp. 293-320, 2009.
- B. Parno, A. Perrig, and V. Gligor, "Distributed detection of node replication attacks in sensor networks," in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, pp. 49-63, May 2005.
- Pantazis, N.A., Nikolidakis, S.A. and Vergados, D.D., "Energy-efficient routing protocols in wireless sensor networks: A survey" IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 551-591, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2012.062612.00084
- B. Rashid, and M. H. Rehmani, "Applications of wireless sensor networks for urban areas: a survey," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 60, pp. 192-219, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2015.09.008
- Umer, T., Amjad, M., Afzal, M.K. and Aslam, M., "Hybrid Rapid Response Routing Approach for Delay-Sensitive Data in Hospital Body Area Sensor Network," In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Computing Communication and Networking Technologies, 2016
- Xiaodong Song, Xiang Wang, "New Agent -based Proactive Migration Method and System for Big Data Environment(BDE)," Engineering Computations, vol. 32 (8), pp. 2443-2466, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1108/EC-03-2015-0050
- Degan Zhang, Guang Li, Ke Zheng,"An energy-balanced routing method based on forward aware factor for Wireless Sensor Network," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 766-773, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2013.2250910
- Degan Zhang, Xiang Wang, Xiaodong Song, "A Novel Approach to Mapped Correlation of for RFID Anti-collision," IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 741-748, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSC.2014.2370642
- Yanping Liang, "A kind of novel method of service aware computing for uncertain mobile applications," Mathematical and Computer Modeling, vol. 57, no. 3-4, pp. 344-356, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcm.2012.06.012
- Ke Zheng, Ting Zhang,"A Novel Multicast Routing Method with Minimum Transmission for WSN of Cloud Computing Service," Soft Computing, vol. 19, 7, pp. 1817-1827, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-014-1366-x
- Xiaodan Zhang, "Design and implementation of embedded uninterruptible power supply system (EUPSS) for webbased mobile application," Enterprise Information Systems, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 473-489, 2012 https://doi.org/10.1080/17517575.2011.626872
- Degan Zhang, "A new approach and system for attentive mobile learning based on seamless migration," Applied Intelligence, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 75-89, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10489-010-0245-0
- Ke Zheng, Dexin Zhao, "Novel Quick Start (QS) Method for Optimization of TCP," Wireless Networks, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 211-222, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11276-015-0968-2
- Yannan Zhu, "A new constructing approach for a weighted topology of wireless sensor networks based on local world theory for the Internet of Things (IOT)," Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 1044-1055, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.camwa.2012.03.023
- Xiang Wang, Xiaodong Song, "New Medical Image Fusion Approach with Coding Based on SCD in Wireless Sensor Network," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 2384-2392, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.6.2384
- Song X D, Wang X, "Extended AODV Routing Method Based on Distributed Minimum Transmission (DMT) for WSN," International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 371-381, 2015 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2014.10.009
- X J Kang, "A novel image denoising method based on spherical coordinates system," EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 10, pp. 1-10, 2012.
- Xiang Wang, Xiaodong Song, "New Clustering Routing Method Based on PECE for WSN," EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 162, pp. 1-13, 2015.
- Zhao C P, "A new medium access control protocol based on perceived data reliability and spatial correlation in wireless sensor network," Computers & Electrical Engineering, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 694-702, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2012.02.016
- Li W B, "Novel Fusion Computing Method for BioMedical Image of WSN Based on Spherical Coordinate," Journal of Vibro engineering, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 522-538, 2016.
- Ma Z, "Shadow Detection of Moving Objects Based on Multisource Information in Internet of Things," Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 649-661, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1080/0952813X.2016.1212105
- Ma Z, "A Novel Compressive Sensing Method Based on SVD Sparse Random Measurement Matrix in Wireless Sensor Network," Engineering Computations, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 2448-2462, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1108/EC-09-2015-0269
- Si Liu, Ting Zhang, "Novel Unequal Clustering Routing Protocol Considering Energy Balancing Based on Network Partition & Distance for Mobile Education," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 88, no. 15, pp. 1-9, 2017 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2017.03.025
- Zhou S, Yameng Tang, "A low duty cycle efficient MAC protocol based on self adaption and predictive strategy," Mobile Networks & Applications, 2017.