- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Survey on Korean Medicine Treatment for Traffic Injuries: A Second On-line In-depth Survey
교통사고 상해 증후군의 한의 임상진료 현황 조사: 2차 온라인 심층 설문 조사
- Lim, Kyeong-Tae (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Hwang, Eui-Hyoung (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Hwang, Man-Suk (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Park, In-Hwa (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Park, Sun-Young (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Shin, Byung-Cheul (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital)
- 임경태 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 황의형 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 황만석 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 박인화 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 박선영 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 신병철 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과)
- Received : 2018.09.13
- Accepted : 2018.10.02
- Published : 2018.10.31
Objectives To understand current status of clinical practice patterns on Korean Medicine treatment practice of traffic injury patients by 2nd on-line survey for developing Korean Medicine treatment clinical pratice guideline (CPG) for traffic injuries. Methods A revised questionnaire about current practice patterns of Korean Medicine treatments for traffic injuries was distributed by e-mail survey to 19,385 respondents of Korean Medicine doctors from May 21th in 2018 to June 21th in 2018. All data were statistically analysed. Results The response rate was 3.5%. Most of the respondents felt necessity of the development of Korean Medicine CPG for traffic injuries. The results showed the detailed usage and trend of current Korean Medicine treatment such as acupuncture, pharmacopuncture, moxibustion, Chuna manual therapy, cupping, Korean Medicine physiotherpy for traffic injury patients. Conclusions This survey helps to determine current Korea Medicine treatments' clinical practice patterns for traffic injury patients. All data from the survey will provide basic data for future clinical studies and adaptation for the revision of Korean Medicine CPG for traffic injuries.
Traffic accidents;Health care survey;Clinical practice patterns;Korean Traditional Medicine
Supported by : Korea Health Industry Development Institute (KHIDI)
- Cho SW. Survey on expectation of Korean Medicine treatment in 39 cases by traffic accident. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2013;23(3):187-99.
- Traffic Accident Analysis System. Comparison of traffic accidents [Internet]. 2017 [cited 2018 Aug 1]. Available from: URL: http://taas.koroad.or.kr/sta/acs/exs/typical.do?menuId=WEB_KMP_OVT_UAS_ASA.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. 4th ed. Paju:Koonja Publishing. 2015:236-9.
- Kim SJ, Kang JH, Park JW, Hong SY, Heo DS, Yoon IJ, Oh MS, The characteristics of traffic accident admission patients in oriental medicine hospital. Journal of Pharmacopunct. 2007;10(2):133-7. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2007.10.2.133
- Shin HR, Park KT, Yang MH, Kim YB, Yeom SR, Kwon YD. A survey on satisfaction for Korean Medicine treatments in 237 traffic injury patients. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(3):67-78. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2018.28.3.67
- Kim KH, Nam DW, Kang JW, Lee JD, Choi DY. Acupuncture for rehabilitation in patients with traffic accident in South Korea: a systematic review. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture and Moxibustion Society. 2010;27(1):21-9.
- Ji SM, Kim SY, Sheen SS, Heo DS, Kim NS, Consensus on definition and quality standard of clinical practice guideline using RAND method. Health Policy and Management. 2010;20(2):1-16. https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2010.20.2.001
- Choi JA, Choi TY, Lee JA, Yun KJ, Lim HJ, Lee MS. Perceptions ondeveloping clinical practice guidelines for traditional medicine in Korea: results of a web-based survey. European Journal of Integrative Medicine. 2014;6(2):156-63. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eujim.2013.12.019
- Park IH, Hwang EH, Hwang MS, Heo I, Kim BJ, Lim KT, Shin BC. A web-based survey on clinical practice patterns of Korean Medicine treatment for traffic injuries. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2017;27(4):131-45. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2017.27.4.131
- Park SY, Lee YK, Kim JS, Lim SC, Lee BH, Jung TY, Ha ID, Han SW, Lee KM. Survey of oriental medical care for traffic accident patients with automobile insurance; 544 cases report. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture and Moxibustion Society. 2009;26(3):1-10.
- Park TY, Lee JH, Ko YS, Woo YM, Song YS, Shin BC. The statistical study of 84 traffic accident patients hospitalized in oriental medical hospital. Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine. 2005;6(1):31-40.
- Bae KJ, Jeong JW, Song MY, Choi JB, Kim ST, Kwon MG, Sul JU, Na SY, Kim SJ. Survey on satisfaction of Korean Medicine treatment in 103 cases by traffic accident. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2016;25(3):65-79. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2015.25.3.65