- Volume 18 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Effect of Hydrofluoric Acid Etching on Shear Bond Strength between Resin Cement and Zirconia cores
표면 불산처리가 레진시멘트와 지르코니아 하부구조물의 전단결합강도에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2018.08.20
- Accepted : 2018.10.01
- Published : 2018.10.28
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the influence of hydrofluoric acid etching treatment on the bonding strength of yttria-stabilized tetragonal zirconia polycrystal(Y-TZP). Four groups of zirconia-resin cement specimens were prepared; 1) ZGS group (zirconia, no treatment), 2) ZGSH group (zirconia, hydrofluoric acid etching treatment) 3) H-ZGS group (Hybrid zirconia, no treatment) 4) H-ZGSH group (Hybrid zirconia, hydrofluoric acid etching treatment). The shear bond strength between zirconia and porcelain was measured using a Instron Universal Testing Machine(Model DBBP-500, Instron Corporation, Kyonggi, Korea). Data were statistically analyzed using independent t-test and two-way ANOVA(
Supported by : 경동대학교
- M. J. Kim, S. H. Oh, J. H. Kim, S. W. Ju, D. G. Seo, S. H. Jun, J. S. Ahn, and J. J. Ryu, "Wear Evaluation of the Human Enamel Opposing Different Y-TZP Dental Ceramics and Other Porcelains," J Dent, Vol.40, No.6, pp.979-988, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2012.08.004
- L. Borchers, M. Stiesch, F. W. Bach, J. C. Buhl, C. Hubsch, T. Kellner, P. Kohorst, and M. Jendras, "Influence of Hydrothermal and Mechanical Conditions on the Strength of Zirconia," Acta Biometer, Vol.6, No.7, pp.4547-4552, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actbio.2010.07.025
- P. F. Manicone, P. Rossi Iommetti, and L. Raffaelli, "An Overview of Zirconia Ceramics : Basic Properties and Clinical Application," J Dent, Vol.35, No.6, pp.819-826, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2007.07.008
- A. M. Diaz-Arnold, M. A. Vargas, and D. R. Haselton, "Current status of luting agents for fixed prosthodontics," J Prosthet Dent, Vol.81, No.2, pp.135-141, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(99)70240-4
- Y. Kokubo, C. Ohkubo, M. Tsumita, A. Miyashita, P. Vult von Steyern, and S. Fukushima, "Clinical marginal and internal gaps of Procera AllCeram crowns," J Oral Rehabil, Vol.32, No.7, pp.526-530, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2842.2005.01458.x
- S. Reich, M. Wichmann, E. Nkenke, and P. Proeschel, "Clinical fit all-ceramic three-unit fixed partial denture, generated with three different CAD/CAM systems," Eur J Oral Sci, Vol.113, No.2, pp.174-179, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0722.2004.00197.x
- F. Beuer, H. Aggstaller, D. Edelhoff, W. Gernet, and J. Sorensen, "Marginal and internal fits of fixed dental prostheses zirconia retainers," Dent Mater, Vol.25, No.1, pp.94-102, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2008.04.018
- F. J. Burke, G. J. Fleming, D. Nathanson, and P. M. Marquis, "Are adhesive technologies needed to support ceramics? An assessment of the current evidence," J Adhes Dent, Vol.4, No.1, pp.7-22, 2002.
- I. Sailer, A. Feher, F. Filser, L. J. Gauckler, H. Luthy, and C. H. Hammerle, "Five-year clinical results of zirconia frameworks for posterior fixed partial dentures," Int J Prosthodont, Vol.20, No.3, pp.383-388, 2007.
- J. Y. Thompson, B. R. Stoner, J. R. Piascik, and R. Smith, "Adhesion/cementation to zirconia and other non-silicate ceramics: where are we now," Dent Mater, Vol.27, No.1, pp.71-82, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2010.10.022
- D. M. Qeblawi, C. A. Munoz, J. D. Brewer, and E. A. Monaco Jr, "The Effect of Zirconia Surface Treatment on Flexural Strength and Shear Bond Strength to a Resin Cement," J Prosthet Dent, Vol.103, No.2, pp.210-220, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(10)60033-9
- T. Kosmac, C. Oblak, P. Jevnikar, N. Funduk, and L. Marion, "The Effect of Surface Grinding and Sandblasting on Flexural Strength and Reliability of Y-TZP Zirconia Ceramic," Dental Mater, Vol.15, No.3, pp.426-433, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0109-5641(99)00070-6
- J. H. Phark, S. Duarte Jr, M. Blatz, and A. Sadan, "An in Vitro Evaluation of the Long-term Resin Bond to a New Densely Sintered High-purity Zirconium-oxide Ceramic Surface," J Prosthet Dent, Vol.101, No.1, pp.29-38, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(08)60286-3
- F. Zarone, R. Sorrentino, F. Vaccaro, T. Traini, and S. Russo, "Acid Etching Surface Treatment of Feldspathic, Alumina and Zirconia Ceramics : A Micromorphological SEM Analysis," Int Dent South Afr, Vol.8, No.1, pp.20-26, 2006.
- P. Derand and T. Derand, "Bond strength of luting cements to zirconium oxide ceramics," Int J Prosthodont, Vol.2, No.2, pp.131-135, 2000.
- K. Tada, T. Sato, and M. Yoshinari, "Influence of surface treatment on bond strength of veneering ceramics fused to zirconia," Dent Mater J, Vol.2, No.3, pp.287-296, 2012.