- Volume 46 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on Adaptive Design of Experiment for Sequential Free-fall Experiments in a Shock Tunnel
충격파 풍동에서의 연속적 자유낙하 실험에 대한 적응적 실험 계획법 적용 연구
- Choi, Uihwan (KAIST) ;
- Lee, Juseong (KAIST) ;
- Song, Hakyoon (KAIST) ;
- Sung, Taehyun (KAIST) ;
- Park, Gisu (KAIST) ;
- Ahn, Jaemyung (KAIST)
- Received : 2017.08.08
- Accepted : 2018.09.29
- Published : 2018.10.01
This study introduces an adaptive design of experiment (DoE) approach for the hypersonic shock-tunnel testing. A series of experiments are conducted to model the pitch moment coefficient of a cone as the function of the angle of attack and the pitch rate. An algorithm to construct the trajectory of the test model from the images obtained by the high-speed camera is developed to effectively analyze multiple time series experimental data. An adaptive DoE procedure to determine the experimental point based on the analysis results of the past experiments using the algorithm is proposed.
Supported by : 한국과학기술원
- Tuttle, S., and Simmons, J. M., "Hypersonic Drag Measurement in Free Piston Shock Tunnels," 11th Austalasian Fluid Mechanics Conference, 1992.
- Igra, O., and Takayama, K., "Shock Tube Study of the Drag Coefficient of a Sphere in a Non-Stationary Flow," Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, Vol. 442, no. 1915, 1993, pp. 231-247. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1993.0102
- DeLoach, R., "Application of Modern Experiment Design to Wind Tunnel Testing at NASA Langley Research Center," in 36TH AIAA AEROSPACE SCIENCES MEETING AND EXHIBIT, 1997.
- Kim, I., Lee, S., Park, G., and Lee, J. K., "Overview of flow diagnosis in a shock tunnel," International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 18, No. 3, 2017, pp. 425-435. https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2017.18.3.425
- Song, H., Lee, S., Lee, J. K., and Park, G., "Attitude Angle and Drag Coefficient Measurements of Free-Falling Hemisphere Using a Visualization Technique," Journal of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 45, No. 8, 2017, pp. 619-626. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2017.45.8.619
- Lee, J., Choi, U., Song, H., Lee, Y., Park, G., and Ahn, J., "Measurement of Angular Velocity and Acceleration of Cone Model in Shock Tunnel Using Harris Corner Detector and Differential Model of Gaussian Process," Proceeding of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences Spring Conference, April 2018, pp. 2-3.
- Swain, P. S., Stevenson, K., Leary, A., Montano-Gutierrez, L. F., Clark, I. B. N., Vogel, J., and Pilizota, T., "Inferring time derivatives including cell growth rates using Gaussian processes," Nature Communications, Vol. 7, 2016, pp. 1-8.
- Choi, H. L., Ahn, J., and Cho, D. H., "Information-maximizing adaptive design of experiments for wind tunnel testing," 4th International Conference on Engineering Optimization, 2014, pp. 329-334.
- Wells, W. R., and Armstrong, W. O., "Tables of aerodynamic coefficients obtained from developed Newtonian expressions for complete and partial conic and spheric bodies at combined angles of attack and sideslip with some comparisons with hypersonic experimental data," U.S. Government Publishing Office, Washington, D.C., 1962.