- Volume 8 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on related factors of nursing students' self-efficacy, self-leadership and academic performance
간호대학생의 자기효능감, 셀프리더십 및 학업수행 관련요인에 관한 연구
- Jung, In-Sook (Department of Nursing, Chodang University)
- 정인숙 (초당대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2018.09.19
- Accepted : 2018.10.20
- Published : 2018.10.31
This study aimed to find the related factors of nursing students' self-efficacy(including general self-efficacy and social self-efficacy), self-leadership and academic performance. Collected data were analyzed using SPSS 19.0. The general self-efficacy scores of the subjects in who're admitted according to aptitude, higher school grades, extroverts, and higher leadership were significantly higher than those who weren't. The social self-efficacy scores were significantly higher in younger ages, extroverts and higher leadership. Self-leadership was higher in those who're admitted according to aptitude. Academic performance was significantly higher in the females and higher school grades. Social self-efficacy was positively correlated with self-leadership, and negatively with academic performance. Explanation rate of sex, general self-efficacy and social self-efficacy on academic performance was 10.5%. These results can be applied as a basis for developing guidelines of nursing students' self-efficacy, self-leadership and academic performance after repeated studies.
- J. S. Yi & K. A. Kim. (2012). The Influence of University Student's Self-Leadership on the Employment Strategies. Korean family resource management association, 16(2), 19-39.
- M. A. Kim, K. H. Lee, H. J. Park, E. J. Kim, & I. H. Lee. (2016). Relationships among Irrational Beliefs, Self-Efficacy, and Adjustment to College with Four-Year-Course Nursing Freshmen: Mediating Effect of Self-Efficacy. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 18(2), 1163-1178. http://uci.or.kr/G704-000930.2016.18.2.017
- I. S. Jung.. (2016). The Converging Effects of Complete Science Subjects in High School on the Grades of Basic Nursing Sciences and Major Nursing Subjects of Nursing Students of one University. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(5), 97-106. http://www.riss.kr/link?id=A102406554 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.097
- A. Bandura. (1994). Self-efficacy, in Ramachaudran(Eds.), Encyclopedia of human behavior, (4), New Yo가 : Academic Press.
- K. H. Lee. (2014). Effect of REBT counseling program on self-efficacy and adjustment to college of nursing students. Master's thesis, CHA University, Pocheon.
- H. A. Kang & A. Y. Kim. (2013). Development and Validation of a Social Self-efficacy Scale for College Students. The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, 27(2), 263-283. http://www.kepa.re.kr/
- D. J. Kim & J. S. Lee. (2014). Influence of Ego-Resilience and Self-Efficacy on Satisfaction in major of Nursing Student. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 20(2), 244-254. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.244 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.244
- Y. H. Kim & Y. A. Kim. (2016). The Influence of Academic Self-efficacy, and Critical Thinking Disposition on Problem Solving Ability of Nursing Students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(9), 589-598. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.9.589 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.9.589
- M. J. Kim. (2007). An Inquiry into learner factors influencing the self-leadership development of university students. Doctoral dissertation. Ewha Womans University.
- J. Y. Choi. (2016). Study on Factors Affecting Self-leadership of Nursing Students. Doctoral dissertation. Eulji University, Daejeon.
- H. Y. Hong. (1995). (The) Relationship of Perfectionism, Self-Efficacy and Depression. Master's thesis, Ewha Womans University.
- Y. H. Kim, I. S. Kweon, K. D. Kim, K. M. Park, H. S. Park, H. S. So, W. S. Lee, K. s. Chang, B. R. Jeong & E. H. Choi. (2016). Teaching and learning strategies : Cases in nursing education. Seoul : Fornurse.
- S. Y. Lee & Y. Y. Kim. (2016). The Effects of Self-efficacy and Self-directed Learning Readiness to Self-leadership of Nursing Student. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(3), 309-318. http://www.policy.or.kr https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.309
- H. K. Cho & I. S. Jung. (2018). A study on the communication ability, general self-efficacy, social self-efficacy and academic achievement of nursing freshmen. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(3), 45-52. http://www.earticle.net/article.aspx?sn=331760
- M. O. Kim. (2016). Study on Self-efficacy, Communication competency, Critical thinking disposition and Clinical performance ability of nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation society, 17(6), 609-617. http://data.riss.kr/sam_lod/resource/DomesticArticle/103299328 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.6.609
- J. Kim & O. B. kim. (2016). Gender Difference in Academic Achivement, Perceived Learning Outcomes, Self-directed Learning Engagements, and Social Interactions among College Students. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 6(10), 63-72. www.sersc.org/journals/AJMAHS/vol6_no10_2016/6.pdf
- J. Y. Park. (2017). Prediction of students' self-leadership on learning satisfaction : Focused on mediating effects of positive psychological capital and learning flow. Master's thesis, Ewha Womans University.