- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Urban spatial structure change detection in land cover map using time-series patch mapping
시계열 패치 매핑을 이용한 토지피복도의 도시공간구조 변화 검출
- Lee, Young-Chang (Institute of Environment and Ecology, OJeong Eco-Resilience Institute, Korea University) ;
- Lee, Kyoung-Mi (Department of Computer Science, Duksung Women's University) ;
- Chon, Jinhyung (Division of Environmental Science and Ecological Engineering, Korea University)
- Received : 2018.09.06
- Accepted : 2018.09.20
- Published : 2018.09.30
In this paper, we propose a system to detect spatial structures in land cover maps and to detect time-series spatial structure changes. At first, the proposed system detects patches in a certain area at different times and calculates their measures to analyse spatial structure patterns of the area. Then the system conducts patch mapping among the detected time-series patches and decides 6 types of patch changes such as keeping, creating, disappearing, splitting, merging, and changing in a mixed way. Also, the system stores the patch-based spatial structure patterns of time-series land cover maps in binary form to extract changes. This demonstrated that the proposed change detection system can be used as a basis for planning the reconstruction of the urban spatial structure by measuring the degree of urban sprawl.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- H. W. Chung and J. I. Kim, “The spatial distribution of urban sprawl in metropolitan regions,” Journal of Korea Planning Association, Vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 7-20, 2003.
- S. H. Kim, "Sustainable urban(region) development and so on," Planning and Policy, Vol. 236, pp. 49-49, 2001.
- A. Singh, "Digital change detection techniques using remotely-sensed data," International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 989-1003, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1080/01431168908903939
- M. Hussain, D. Chen, A. Cheng, H. Wei, and D. Stanley, "Change detection from remotely sensed images: From pixel-based to object-based approaches," ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Vol. 80(June), pp. 91-106, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isprsjprs.2013.03.006
- S. Ross and H. S. Bhadauria, "A review of change detection techniques of landcover using remote sensing data," IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering, Vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 17-21, 2015.
- Y. C. Lee, K. M. Lee and J. H. Chon, "Landscape mosaic pattern analysis system using land cover map for micro-spatial analysis of regional planning," Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol. 18, No. 7, pp. 1367-1375, 2017. https://doi.org/10.9728/DCS.2017.18.7.1367
- G. Chen, G. J. Hay, L. M. T. Carvalho and M. A. Wulder, "Object-based change detection," International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 33, No. 14, pp. 4434-4457, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/01431161.2011.648285
- J. S. Kim, K. J. Lee and T. K. Whangbo, “Illumination influence minimization method for efficient object,” Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 117-124, 2013. https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2013.14.1.117
- National Environment Information Network System (NEINS). Available: http://www.neins.go.kr.