- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of a system for detecting game user's addiction
게임 이용자의 과몰입을 탐지하기 위한 시스템 개발
- Oh, Sung-kyun (Department of Software Engineering, Seoil University) ;
- Yoon, Taebok (Department of Software Engineering, Seoil University)
- Received : 2018.09.28
- Accepted : 2018.10.18
- Published : 2018.10.20
With the development of ICT technology, the game industry is growing rapidly. However, due to the excessive play of the game, there are cases where normal life is difficult. It is necessary to study the diagnosis and countermeasures against such game addiction. This paper study a system for diagnosing game addiction based on game usage information of game users. In order to develop a game addiction diagnostic system, this study classifies game addiction and abuse users and collects and models log information in real game environment. In addition, the addiction and good use model of game users was used as a knowledge to diagnose the addiction of new game users. Through the experiment, we could confirm the meaningful results. Also, according to the result of the diagnosis, the service such as SMS and reporting was suggested.
Supported by : 서일대학교
- Cho Sang Hyun, Choi Min Kyu, "Computer time control system for game addiction prevention", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol.1, No.1, 2001.
- Kypum Sup Kim, Yeong Seok Yi, "Culture of Korea : Performance of digital games and subjectivity of "game playing"", Korean Thought and Culture, Vol. 77, 2015.
- Park ChangSeok, "A Constitutional Investigation on the Online Game Shutdown System", Han Yang Law Review, Vol. 37, 2012.
- 2013 Survey on the Internet Usage Summary Report,Korea Internet & Security Agency, 2013.
- Jee Sook Baik, "College Adaptation and Internet Game Addiction by Internet Game Motivation Types", Korean Children's Journal, Vol. 26, No.1, 2005.
- Jun Ho Seo, Hee Kyung Lee, "The Relation Between Game Flow and Game Addiction: Moderating Effect of Basic Psychological Needs", Korean journal of youth studies, Vol.19, No.11, 2012.
- Sung Man Bae, "Exploration of Predictive factors of Internet Game Addiction in children and adolescents by using Data Mining ", Korean journal of youth studies, Vol.21, No.9, 2014.
- Daeyoung Cheon, "Design and implementation of game addiction prevention system based on Direct3D hooking", Chonbuk National University Master's Thesis, 2013.
- Sung-yeol Song, Won-moon Song, Soo-min Song, Myung-Won Kim, "XPIA: An Expert System for Automatic Diagnosis / Prescription of Youth Internet Addiction", Journal of KIISE, Vol.40, No.8, 2013.
- Jae Soo Kim, " An Internet,Game Addiction Prevention and Detection System using Wearable Devices", Journal of Korean Society of Communication Design, Vol.24, 2015.
- Eunjoo Kim, Joo-hwan Kim, Unjin Shin, "Gender differences and psychosocial factors affecting problematic online game use among Korean children", Korean journal of educational research, Vol.46, No.1, 2008.
- Hyeonjae Yoo, Ha-nui Park, Woong Yang, "Messages Promoting to Prevent Addiction to Online-Games Among Teenagers : Applying Physical-Psychological Appeals and Positive-Negative Framing", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol.25, No.1, 2014
- Clickteam Fusion web : www.clickteam.com
- GameMaker Studio web : ww.yoyogames.com
- Unity3D web : www.unity3d.com