- Volume 67 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Rotor Resistance Estimation Using Slip Angular Velocity In Vector-Controlled Induction Motor
벡터제어 유도전동기의 슬립 각속도를 이용한 회전자 저항 추정
- Park, Hyunsu (HYUNDAI Welding Co.) ;
- Jo, Gwon-Jae (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Choi, Jong-Woo (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, College of IT Engineering, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2017.10.11
- Accepted : 2018.09.17
- Published : 2018.10.01
Accurate tuning of parameter is very important in vector-controlled induction motor. Among the parameters of induction motor, detuning of rotor resistance used in controller design deteriorates drive performance. This paper presents a novel rotor resistance estimation strategy using slip angular velocity in vector-controlled induction motor drives. The slip angular velocity can be calculated by two methods. Firstly, it can be induced from the rotor voltage equation. Secondly, it can be induced from the difference between synchronous angular velocity and rotor angular velocity. The first method includes the rotor resistance, while the second method dose not include this parameter. From this fact, the rotor resistance can be identified by comparing the slip angular velocities in the two methods. In the tuned states of the rotor resistance, performances of flux estimator and speed drive are discussed. The simulation and experimental results are given to verify the validity of the proposed method in various situations.
Rotor resistance;Slip angular velocity;Vector control;Induction motor
- P. L. Jansen, R. D. Lorenz, and D. W. Novotny, "Observer-based direct field orientation: analysis and comparison of alternative methods", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 945-953, Jul./Aug. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.297911
- M.-K. Kang aand J.-W. Choi, "The P/PI mode switching method of Gopinath flux observer for sensorless vector control of induction motors", Trans. KIEE, Vol. 66, No. 12, pp. 1732-1739, 2017.
- R. D. Lorenz and D. B. Lawson, "A simplified approach to continuous on-line tuning of field oriented induction machine drives", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 26, pp. 420-424, May/Jun. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.55972
- T. Rowan, R. Kerkman, and D. Leggate, "A simple on-line adaptation for indirect field orientation of and induction machine", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 37, pp. 720-727, Jul./Aug. 1991.
- J.-K. Seok and S.-K. Sul, "Induction motor parameter tuning for high performance drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 37, pp. 35-41, Jan./Feb. 2001.
- S.-K. Sul, "A novel technique of rotor resistance estimation considering variation of mutual inductance", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 578-587, Jul./Aug. 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.31234
- S.-H. Lee, A. Yoo, H.-J. Lee, Y.-D. Yoon, and B.-M. Han, "Identification of induction motor parameters at standstill based on integral calculation", IEEE Tran. Ind. App., Vol. 53, No. 3, May/Jun. 2017.
- S. Wade, M. W. Dunnigan, and B. W. Williams, "A new method of rotor resistance estimation for vector-controlled induction machines", IEEE Trans. Ind. Elec., Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 247-257, Apr. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.564164
- D. Telford, M. W. Dunnigan, and B. W. Williams, "Online identification of induction machine electrical parameters for vector control loop tuning", IEEE Trans. Ind. Elec., Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 253-261, Apr. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2003.809397
- Y. He, Y. Wang, Y. Feng, and Z. Wang, "Parameter identification of an induction machine at standstill using the vector constructing method", IEEE Trans. Pow. Elec., Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 905-915, Feb. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2089699
- G.-J. Jo, J.-W. Choi, "A novel method for the identification of the rotor resistance and mutual inductance of induction motors based on MRAC and RLS estimation", J. Power Electro., Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 492-501, Mar. 2018. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2018.18.2.492
- S.-H. Jeon, K.-K. Oh, and J.-Y. Choi, "Flux observer with online tuning of stator and rotor resistances for induction motors", IEEE Trans. Ind. Elec., Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 653-664, Jun. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2002.1005393
- F. R. Salmasi, T. A. Najafabadi, and P. J. Maralani, "An adaptive flux observer with online estimation of DC-link voltage and rotor resistance for VSI-based induction motors", IEEE Trans. Pow. Elec., Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 1310-1319, May 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2038268
- L. Zhao, J. Huang, J. Chen, and M. Ye, "A parallel speed and rotor time constant identification scheme for indirect field oriented induction motor drives", IEEE Trans. Pow. Elec., Vol. 31, No. 9, pp. 6494-6503, Sep. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2504399
- B. Proca, and A. Keyhani, "Sliding-mode flux observer with online rotor parameter estimation for induction motors", IEEE Trans. Ind. Elec., Vol. 54, No. 2, pp. 716-723, Apr. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.891786
- M. Wlas, Z. Krzeminski, and H. A. Toliyat, "Neural-network-based parameter estimations of induction motors", IEEE Trans. Ind. Elec., Vol. 55, No. 4, pp. 1783-1794, Apr. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.918615
- X. Yu, M. W. Dunnigan, and B. W. Williams, "A novel rotor resistance identification method for an indirect rotor flux-orientated controlled induction machine system", IEEE Trans. Pow. Elec., Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 353-364, May 2002.
- S. Maiti, C. Chakraborty, Y. Hori, and M. C. Ta, "Model reference adaptive controller-based rotor resistance and speed estimation techniques for vector controlled induction motor drive utilizing reactive power", IEEE Trans. Ind. Elec., Vol. 55, No. 2, pp. 594-601, Feb. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.911952
- K. Wang, B. Chen, G. Shen, W. Yao, K. Lee, and Z. Lu, "Online updating of rotor time constant based on combined voltage and current mode flux observer for speed-sensorless AC drives", IEEE Trans. Ind. Elec., Vol. 61, No. 9, pp. 4583-4593, Sep. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2288227
- C. Attaianese, A. Damiano, G. Gtto, I. Marongiu, and A. Perfetto, "Induction motor drive parameters identifi cation", IEEE Trans. Pow. Elec., Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 1112-1122, Nov. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.728338
- P. L. Jansen, and R. D. Lorenz, "A physically insightful approach to the design and accuracy assessment of flux observers for field oriented induction machine drives", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 30, No. 1, Jan./Feb. 1994.