- Volume 13 Issue 4
A development of creative capstone design process by product and mold design
제품 및 금형 연계 창의 캡스톤 디자인 교육과정에 관한 연구
- Kim, Kyung-A (Department of Mold & Die Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Han, Seong-Ryeol (Department of Mold & Die Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2019.12.17
- Accepted : 2019.12.31
- Published : 2019.12.31
The fourth industrial revolution calls for an integrated talent by improving working-level skills within the big framework of creativity and convergence. Therefore, university education focuses on solving the problem of practical ability education by improving employment ability. Based on this improvement in practical skills, this study is based on the field-based design curriculum of Capstone. Currently, the Capstone Design Course is being implemented at most universities, extending its scope to the fields of engineering, humanities, social studies and arts. However, there is a limit to the core concept of Capstone design education and capacity education developed in line with the foreign educational environment and applied directly to our nation's university education. In terms of overseas cases, the core focus is to develop practical, design, and prototype capabilities by forming a team among all grades and multidisciplinary institutions to support the capital and manpower of the industry. However, the nation's industrial linkage and curriculum have difficulties in carrying out multi-disciplinary education. In this study, students were asked to team up and solve the challenges that the industry needs based on the expertise acquired in the lower grade curriculum by applying majors and 3D printing through the first and second semester courses of the fourth grade to address these limitations. In addition, business skills for the process of creativity and leadership experience in our country through a suitable design capstone class to review the efficiency of education by applying a model. In order to achieve the purpose of Capstone design subject, the goal setting, class model composition, class model application, verification and evaluation, and final class model development procedures were carried out. Through this process, it will be used as a basic material for educating design class capstone design.
- C.D. Kang(2003), "Education and Culture History of Korea", Book Publishing Moonumsa. 2003.
- J. Y. Song, "Development of the Evaluation System for Visual Design Outcomes through Capstone Design Course for college", Doctoral Dissertation, Bukyung university, 2017.
- J. Y, Lee, J. Y. Lee, J. P. Kim, "Seoul National University's Senior Capstone Program Research Report", Seoul National University Press, 2006.
- H. W. Lee, S.H. Kim, K. Park. J. Y. Kim, "A Study on the Assessment of Program Outcomes Based on Capstone Design Course", Journal of engineering education research. v.13 no.6、pp. 143-151, 2010. https://doi.org/10.18108/jeer.2010.13.6.143
- S. W. Lee, "Interdisciplinary Capstone Design education", Proceedings of the KSME 2010 Autumn annual Meeting, pp. 4524-4527, 2010.
- J .Y. Song, S. H. Kim., "Study on Competency Education through Capstone Design in the Junior College for the Visual Design Major", International JOURNAL OF CONTENTS, v.16 no.6, pp. 183-192, 2016.
- S. H. Park, J. Y. Jung, Y. H. Rue, "Development of Instructional Activity Support Model for Capstone Design to Creative Engineering Education", The Korean Society Fishries And Sciences Education, vol.2 no.2, pp.184-200, 2008.
- C. B. Shin, O. S. Kweon, "A Case Study: Application of Capstone Design to Design Education Program - Focused on Interaction Design Subject", vol.14 no.1, pp. 33-42, 2014.
- T. S. Lee, Y. J. Jeon, D. W. Lee, B. C. Jang, "Present Situation and Student Satisfaction of Engineering Capstone Design Course in Engineering Colleges of Korea", Engineering education research, vol.2 no.2, pp.36-50, 2009.