- Volume 20 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Social Support of College Students on Career Preparation Behavior : Mediating effects of positive psychological capital
전문대학생의 사회적 지지가 진로준비행동에 미치는 영향 : 긍정심리자본 매개효과 검증
- Kim, Soo hyun (Department of ICT & DRONE, Gangwon State University) ;
- Yim, Hwang bin (Department of ICT & DRONE, Gangwon State University)
- Received : 2019.07.24
- Accepted : 2019.11.01
- Published : 2019.11.30
This study investigated how career support for professional college students affects career preparation behavior and verified the mediating effect of positive psychological capital in the relationship between career support and career preparation behavior. The specific research problems are as follows. First, what is the relationship between social support, positive psychological capital, and career preparedness? Second, does social support and positive psychological capital directly affect career preparation behavior? Third, does social support influence the career preparation behavior by supplying positive psychological capital? For this purpose, the subjects were 240 students from G college. Correlation analysis and step-wise multiple regression analysis were used to examine the study's research questions. The results of this study are as follows. First, social support, positive psychological capital and career preparation behaviors all have significant positive correlation. Second, social support and positive psychological capital had an impact on the career preparation behavior. Third, there was a partial mediating effect of positive psychological capital on the effect of social support on career preparation behavior. The result of this study is meaningful in that it provides basic data that is the foundation for professional career guidance and career education of professional college students.
- J. U. Kim, S. S. Park. "The Mediating Effects of Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy on the Relationship between Career Barriers and Career Preparation Behavior of College Students". The Journal of Career Education Research Vol. 26,, No. 3, pp.123-141, 2013.
- H. J. Cho. "Mediation and Moderation Effect of College Life Adaption between Career Barriers and Career Adaptability among Junior College Students". The Journal of Career Education Research. Vol. 25,, No. 3, pp.61-75, 2012.
- B. K. Kim, C .Y. Jyung. "The Casual Relationship among Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy, Self-Leadership, Problem Solving Ability, and Career Motivation", Journal of Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development, Vol. 44,, No. 2, pp.49-71, 2012. https://doi.org/10.23840/agehrd.2012.44.2.49
- Seoul National University, College life opinion survey. 2015
- Korea Employment Information Service. University Education Satisfaction Survey(2007년-2012년). 2013.
- C. G. Che. The Status and Policy for Delaying College Graduation, KRIVET Issue Brief, Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training, no. 108, 2016.
- Ministry of Education. Second career education 5-year basic plan. 2016
- B. W. Kim, K .H. Kim. "Career Decision Level and Career Preparation Behavior of the College Students", The Korean Journal of Counselling and psychotheropy, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.311-333, 1997.
- J. H. Jeong. M. S. Won. S. J. Lee. "Relationship between Social Work Self-efficacy and Career Decision Level and Career Preparation Behavior of University Students Majoring in Social Welfare" The Journal of the Korea Contents Association. Vol. 13, No. 7, pp.228-237, 2013. DOI : https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.07.228 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.07.228
- S. B. You. H. M. Yoon. "Effects of Career Barriers and Social Support on College Students' Career Self-Efficacy and Preparation Behavior". Korean Journal of Family Welfare. Vol. 19, No. 3, pp.405-421 2014. DOI : https://doi.org/10.13049/kfwa.2014.19.3.405 https://doi.org/10.13049/kfwa.2014.19.3.405
- J. Y. Hwang, J. H. Park. "A Structural Analysis of Relations among the Variables Related to Career Preparation Behavior for College Studentr". The Journal of Vocational Education Research. Vol. 34, No. 5, pp.73-101. 2015.
- S. Y. Lee. Y. M Lee. "Analytical Results of Panel Survey on the Career Decision Level and Career Preparation Behavior of College Students Majoring in Science and Engineering". Journal of engineering education research. Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 73-78. 2009.
- Y. J. Joo. K. Y. Go. Y. J. Jin. "The Effects of Positive Affect, Social Support, Career Decision-Making Self-efficacy, Outcome Expectancy and Career Preparation Behavior on Career Satisfaction of University Students". The Journal of Career Education Research. Vol. 28 No. 3, pp. 65-83. 2015.
- E. J. Oh. "Effect of Trait Anxiety on College Students' Career Preparation Behavior: The Mediating Effects of Career Decision Making Self-Efficacy" The Journal of Career Education Research. Vol. 27 No. 2, pp. 85-107. 2014.
- Y. H. Son. "The Effect of Achievement Motivation of University Students on the Career Decision and Employment Preparation Behavior" The Journal of Social Sciences. Vol. 29. No.1, pp. 235-253. 2010.
- A. R. Cha, H. Y. Lee. "The Effect of Psychological Career Barriers and Environmental Career Barriers on Career Preparation Behavior: Hope as a Mediating Variable" Koeran Journal of Counselling. Vol. 15. No.1, pp. 343-358. 2014. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.15.1.201402.343
- S. O. Kim, E. J. Oh. "The Mediation Effect of Positive Psychological Capital on the Relationship between Career Barriers and Career Preparation Behavior Perceived by University Students" Journal of the Korea Institute of Youth Facility and Environment. Vol. 17. No.1, pp. 143-155. 2019.
- Y. H. Chang, J. S. Lee, E. S. Sin. "The Relations between Career Barriers and Career Preparation Behavior Perceived by College Students: The Mediating Effect of Subjective Happiness" The Journal of Educational Research Vol. 14. No. 3, pp. 163-184. 2016.
- Y. A. Cho, J. U. Jeong. "A Meta-analysis of Undergraduate Students' Career Preparation Behavior and Psychological Variables Related to Career Development" The Journal of Career Education Research. Vol. 30. No. 3, pp. 129-150. 2017. https://doi.org/10.32341/JCER.2017.09.30.3.129
- S. Y. Park. "An Analysis of a Mediation Effect that Social Support has on Relationship between Positive Psychology Capital and Career Preparation Behavior perceived by Studentsin College of Education" Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction. Vol. 17. No. 2, pp. 169-193. 2017.
- J. U. Kim, H. H. Kim. "The Influences of Social Support and Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy on Career Preparation Behavior of College Students" Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction. Vol. 16. No. 6, pp. 797-814. 2016.
- D. A. Jung, A. J. Hong. "Effect of Social Support and Everyday Creativity on Career Preparation Behavior of University Students" Korean Education Inquiry. Vol. 33. No. 2, pp. 39-59. 2015.
- J. H. Sin, J. I. Hue, Y. C. Jang. "A Study on the Strategic Method for Career Maturity of Job Applicants" The Journal of Employment and Career. Vol. 9. No. 1, pp. 117-144. 2019.
- Y. H. Chang. "The Meditating Effects of Positive Psychological Capital and Career Adaptability in Relationships between Career decision-making self -efficacy and Result expectation of undergraduate students" Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction. Vol. 17. No. 21, pp. 451-469. 2017.
- Li, B., Ma, H., Guo, Y., Xu, F., & Zhou, Z. "Positive psychological capital: A new approach to social support and subjective well-being." Journal of Social Behavior and Personality, Vol. 42. No. 1, pp. 135-144. 2014. https://doi.org/10.2224/sbp.2014.42.1.135
- A. R. Choi. S. Lee. "Effect of Temperament and Social Support on the School Adjustment of Adolescents: Mediating Effects of Positive Psychological Capital" Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association. Vol. 55. No. 3, pp. 249-261. 2017.
- J. W. Park. "A Study to Development a Scale of Social Support" The Graduate School of Yonsei University. 1985.
- M. S. Cho. "The Influence of Ego-Identity, Social Support, Career Decision-Making Self Efficacy on Career Maturity and Career Preparation Behavior of Late Adolescence" SungKyunKwan University. 2007.
- O. K. Kim. "The structural relationship of the university students' Career planning, Career Preparation Behavior, Career Decision-making Self-efficacy and Employability" Chung-Ang University. 2018.
- Luthans. F..Avolio. B. J..Avey. J. B..Norman. S. M. "Positive Psychological Capital: Measurement And Relationship With Performance And Satisfaction" Personnel Psychology, Vol. 60. No. 3, pp. 541-572 2014.
- E. Y. Jeong. "The Effect of Psychological Capital on Career Barriers and Career Maturity of high school girls" Myongji University. 2013.
- S. B. You, H. M. Yoon. "Effects of Career Barriers and Social Support on College Students' Career Self-Efficacy and Preparation Behavior" Korean Journal of Family Welfare. Vol. 19. No. 3, pp. 405-421 2014. DOI : https://doi.org/10.13049/kfwa.2014.19.3.405 https://doi.org/10.13049/kfwa.2014.19.3.405