- Volume 32 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Experimental and Analytical Studies on the Non-Linear behaviors of Pre-Stressed Steel H-Beams
프리스트레스트 H형강 거더의 비선형 거동에 대한 실험적 및 이론적 연구
- Kim, Moon-Young (School of Civil and Architectural Engineering, SungKyunKwan Univ.) ;
- Kim, Nak-Kyung (School of Civil and Architectural Engineering, SungKyunKwan Univ.) ;
- Oh, Yong-Hwan (Tornado Construction C.., LTD)
- Received : 2019.08.13
- Accepted : 2019.08.24
- Published : 2019.12.31
Experimental and analytical studies on the behavioral characteristics of a pre-stressed (PS) steel girder are conducted to investigate the effects of deviators on the non-linear inelastic properties of the PS system. In this regard, 4 test specimens consisting of a steel H-beam, a straight cable with eccentricity, anchorages, and deviators are built and failure tests are performed under two-point loading. In addition, in-plane elastic deformation theories for the PS system without a deviator, and with three deviators at regular intervals are analytically formulated and solved using a symbolic calculation technique. To verify the validity of the experimental and the proposed analytical theories, the results obtained using FEM models composed of beam elements, rigid beam elements, and truss cable elements, are compared to the experimental results and the analytical solutions. As a result, it is determined that externally installed un-bonded deviators inhibit flexural deformation of the deformed beam to such an extent that their elastic stiffness, and failure strength are significantly improved compared to those of the PS system without deviators.
Supported by : (주)토네이도건설
- Belletti, B., Gasperi, A. (2010) Behavior of Prestressed Steel Beams, ASCE-J Struct. Eng., 136(9), pp.1131-1139. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0000208
- Ghafoori, E., Motavalli, M. (2015) Lateral-Torsional Buckling of Steel I-Beams Retrofitted by Boned and Un-bonded CFRP Laminates with Different Pre-stress Levels, Constr. Build. Mater. 76, pp.194-206. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2014.11.070
- Kambal, M.E.M., Jia, Y. (2018) Theoretical and Experimental Study on Flexural behavior of Prestressed Steel Plate Girders, J. Constr. Steel. Res., 142, pp.5-16. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2017.12.007
- Kim, S.B., Han, M.Y., Kim, M.Y., Kim, N.K., Ji, T.S. (2005) Anlysis and Design of Wale in Innovative Prestressed Support(IPS) System, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 18(1), pp.79-91.
- Park. S., Kim, T., Kim, K., Hong, S.-N. (2010) Fexural behavior of Steel I-Beam Prestressed with Externally Un-bonded Tendons, J. Constr. Steel. Res., 66, pp.125-132. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2009.07.013
- Ren, Y., Wang, Y., Wang, B., Bana, H., Song, J., Sue, G. (2018) Flexural behavior of Steel Deep Beams Prestressed with Externally Un-bonded Straight Multi-Tendons, Thin-Walled Struct., 131, pp.519-530. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2018.07.022
- Troitsky, M.S. (1990) Prestressed Steel Bridges: Theory and Design, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York.