- Volume 32 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Seismic Fragility Assessment Method for RC Bridges in Korea using a Representative Bridge
대표 교량을 이용한 국내 철근콘크리트 교량의 지진취약성 분석 방법
- An, HyoJoon (Department of Civil Engineering, Inha Univ.) ;
- Jeong, Seong-Hoon (Department of Architectural Engineering, Inha Univ.) ;
- Shin, Soobong (Department of Civil Engineering, Inha Univ.)
- Received : 2019.11.07
- Accepted : 2019.11.14
- Published : 2019.12.31
In this investigation, a set of seismic fragility curves for RC bridges in Korea is derived by considering variations of the representative analytical model. The dimensions and specifications of the model are determined, based on statistical analysis of the inventory of RC bridges in Korea. Variations of important modeling parameters such as material properties, size of structural members, and dimension of the bridge are defined based on statistical studies of the bridges. The OpenSees program is utilized for the analysis to represent the inelastic behavior of RC members. A systematic approach is developed to perform a large volume of inelastic dynamic analysis, in which continuous variation of the modeling parameters are programmed to appropriately represent the characteristics of RC bridges in Korea.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- HAZUS (1995) National Institute of Building Sciences, Development of a Standardized Earthquake Loss Estimation Methodology, FEMA, Washington, DC.
- Jeong, S.H., Elnashai, A.S. (2007) Probabilistic Fragility Analysis Parameterized by Fundamental Response Quantities, Eng. Struct., 29(6), pp.1238-1251. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2006.06.026
- Kim, H.S., Song, J.K. (2010) Effect of Near- and Far-Fault Earthquakes for Seismic Fragility Curves of PSC Box Girder Bridges, J. Earthq. Eng. Soc. Korea, 14(5), pp.53-64. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2010.14.5.053
- Mazzoni, S., McKenna, F., Scott, M.H., Fenves, G.L. (2005) OpenSees Command Language Manual, Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research (PEER) Center.
- Rossetto, T., Elnashai, A.S. (2003) Derivation of Vulnerability Functions for European-type RC Structures based on Observational Data, Eng. Struct., 25(10), pp.1241-1263. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(03)00060-9
- Shinozuka, M., Feng, M.Q., Kim, H-K., Kim, S-H. (2000) Nonlinear Static Procedure for Fragility Curve Development, J. Eng. Mech., ASCE, 126(12), pp.1287-1295. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2000)126:12(1287)
- Singhal, A., Kiremidjian, A.S. (1998) Bayesian Updating of Fragilities with Application to RC Frames, J. Struct. Eng., ASCE, 124(8), pp.922-929. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1998)124:8(922)
- ATC-13 (1985) Earthquake Damage Evaluation Data for California, Applied Technology Council, Redwood City, California.
- ATC-14 (1987) Evaluating the Seismic Resistance of Existing Buildings, Applied Technology Council, Redwood City, California.
- ATC-40 (1996) Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Concrete Buildings, Applied Technology Council, Redwood City, California.
- Calvi, G.M. (1999) A Displacement-based Approach for Vulnerability Evaluation of Classes of Buildings, J. Earthq. Eng., 3(3), pp.411-438. https://doi.org/10.1080/13632469909350353
- Celik, O.C., Ellingwood, B.R. (2009) Seismic Risk Assessment of Gravity Load Designed Reinforced Concrete Frames Subjected to Mid-America Ground Motions, J. Struct. Eng., ASCE, 135(4), pp.414-424. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2009)135:4(414)
- Chryssanthopoulos, M.K., Dymiotis, C., Kappos, A.J. (2000) Probabilistic Evaluation of behaviour Factors in EC8-Designed R/C Frames, Eng. Struct., 22(8), pp.1028-1041. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(99)00026-7