- Volume 32 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Seismic Behavior of a Bridge with Pile Bent Structures Subjected to Multi-Support Excitation
다지점 가진에 의한 단일형 현장타설말뚝 교량의 지진거동
- Sun, Chang-Ho (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Ulsan) ;
- Ahn, Sung-Min (Kunhwa Engineering and Consulting) ;
- Kim, Ick-Hyun (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2019.11.08
- Accepted : 2019.11.18
- Published : 2019.12.31
It is important to ensure the seismic safety of pile-bent bridges constructed in areas with thick soft ground consisting of various soil layers against seismic motion in these layers. In this study, several synthetic seismic waves that are compatible with the seismic design spectrum for rock sites were generated, and the ground acceleration history of each soil layer was obtained based on ground analyses. Using these acceleration histories, each soil layer was modeled using equivalent linear springs, and multi-support excitation analyses were performed using the input motion obtained at each soil layer. Due to the nonlinear behavior of the soft soil layers, the intensity of the input ground motion was not amplified, which resulted in the elastic behavior of the bridge. In addition, inputting the acceleration history obtained from a particular layer simultaneously into all the ground springs reduced the response. Therefore, the seismic performance of this type of bridge might be overestimated if multi-excitation analysis is not performed.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Ahn, S.Y., Jeong, S.S., Kim, J.Y. (2011) Proposal of a New Design Method of the Pile-Bent Structure Considering Plastic Hinge, J. Korean Geotech. Soc., 27(2), pp.91-101. https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2011.27.2.091
- FHWA (1987) Drilled Shaft, National Highway Institute.
- Hoshikuma, J., Kawashima, K., Nagaya, K., Taylor, A.W. (1997) Stress-Strain for Reinforced Concrete in Bridge Piers, J. Struct. Eng., ASCE, 123(5), pp.624-633. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1997)123:5(624)
- Jeon, K.S. (2000) Analysis of Vertical and Horizontal Resistance behaviour of Cast-in-Situ Concrete Piles in Completely Weathered Granite Gneiss, Ph. D. thesis, Seoul University.
- Jeon, K.S. (2004) Design Criteria for Pile Bent Structure, 68, pp.14-27.
- Kent, D.C., Park, R. (1971) Flexural Members with Confined Concrete, J. Struct. Div., ASCE, 97(7), pp.1969-1988.
- Kim, J.Y., Hwang, T.J., Jeong, S.S. (2011) Simplified Analysis of Pile Bent Structures and Minimum Reinforcement Ratio, J. Korean Geotech. Soc., 27(5), pp33-43. https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2011.27.5.033
- Korea Geotechnical Society (2015) Explanation of Structural Foundation Design Code.
- Korea Geotechnical Society (2018) Explanation of Structural Foundation Design Code.
- Mander, J.B, Priestley, M.J.N., Park, R. (1988) Observed Stress-Strain Behavior of Confined Concrete, J, Struct. Div., ASCE, 114(8), pp.1827-1849. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1988)114:8(1827)
- Mander, J.B., Priestley, M.J.N., Park, R. (1988) Theoretical Stress-Strain Model for Confined Concrete, J. Struct. Div., ASCE, 114(8), pp.1804-1826. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1988)114:8(1804)
- Menegotto, M., Pinto, P.E. (1973) Method of Analysis of Cyclically Loaded RC Plane Frames Including Changes in Geometry and Non-Elastic behavior of Elements under Normal Force and Bending, Preliminary Report IABSE, 13.
- Ohsaki, Y., Iwasaki, R. (1973) On Dynamic Shear Moduli and Poisson's Ratio of Soil Deposits, Soil & Found., 13, pp.61-73.
- Saatcioglu, M., Razvi, S.R. (1992) Strength and Ductility of Confined Concrete, J. Struct. Div., ASCE, 118(6), pp.1590-1607. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1992)118:6(1590)
- Sheikh, S.A., Uzumeri, S.M. (1980) Strength and Ductility of Tied Concrete Columns, J. Struct. Div., ASCE, 106(5), pp.1079-1102.
- Son, H.S., Choi, I.K., Kang, D.O., Yang, J.H. (2005) Design of Single Column Drilled Pier Foundation in Incheon Bridge Viaduct, Korean Society of Civil Engineers Conference, pp.959-962.
- Yea, G.G. (2008) Horizontal Behaviour Characteristics for Single Drilled Shaft Embedded in Granite Gneiss, J. Eng. Geol., 18(4), pp.493-499.