- Volume 8 Issue 1
Coronaviruses are known respiratory pathogens. In the past, most human coronaviruses were thought to cause mild symptoms such as cold. However recently, as seen in the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), infectious diseases with severe pulmonary disease and respiratory symptoms are caused by coronaviruses, making research on coronaviruses become important. Considering previous studies, we constructed 'HCoV-IMDB (Human Corona Virus Immune Database)' to systematically provide genetic information on human coronavirus and host immune information, which can be used to analyze the interaction between human coronavirus and host immune proteins. The 'HCoV-IMDB' constructed in the study can be used to search for genetic information on human coronavirus and host immune protein and to download data. A BLAST search specific to the human coronavirus, one of the database functions, can be used to infer genetic information and evolutionary relationship about the query sequence.
- T.R. Cate. Impact of influenza and other community-acquired viruses. Seminars in respiratory infections. Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 17-23, Mar 1998.
- W.G. Nichols, A.J. Peck Campbell, M. Boeckh. Respiratory Viruses Other than Influenza Virus: Impact and Therapeutic Advances. Clinical microbiology reviews. Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 274-290, Apr 2008. https://doi.org/10.1128/CMR.00045-07
- R.A. Tripp. Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Modulation at the Virus-Host Interface Affects Immune Outcome and Disease Pathogenesis. Immune Network. Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 163-167, Oct 2013. https://doi.org/10.4110/in.2013.13.5.163
- A. Zumla, D.S. Hui, S. Perlman. Middle East respiratory syndrome. Lancet. Vol. 386, No. 9997, pp. 995-1007, Sep 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(15)60454-8
- R.M. Zinkernagel. Immunology taught by viruses. Science. Vol. 271, No. 5246, pp. 173-178, Jan 1996. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.271.5246.173
- T.C. Merigan. Host defenses against viral disease. The New England journal of medicine, Vol. 290, No. 6, pp. 323-329, Feb 1974. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM197402072900608
- E.S. Hwang, C.G. Park, C.Y. Cha. Immune Responses to Viral Infection. Immune Network. Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 73-80, Jun 2004. https://doi.org/10.4110/in.2004.4.2.73
- S.F. Altschul, W. Gish, W. Miller, E.W. Myers, D.J. Lipman. Basic local alignment search tool. Journal of molecular biology. Vol. 215, No. 3, pp. 403-410, Oct 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-2836(05)80360-2
- L. Enjuanes, C. Smerdou, J. Castilla, I.M. Anton, J.M. Torres, I. Sola, J. Golvano, J.M. Sanchez, B. Pintado. Development of protection against coronavirus induced diseases. A review. Advances in experimental medicine and biology. Vol. 380, pp. 197-211, 1995.
- S. Zuniga, J.L. Cruz, I. Sola, P.A. Mateos-Gomez, L. Palacio, L. Enjuanes. Coronavirus nucleocapsid protein facilitates template switching and is required for efficient transcription. Journal of virology. Vol. 84, No. 4, pp. 2169-2175, Feb 2010. https://doi.org/10.1128/JVI.02011-09
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)