- Volume 8 Issue 1
The image projected onto the screen of the floating hologram is no more than a two-dimensional image. Although it creates an illusion that an object appears to float in space as it moves around while showing its different parts. This paper has proposed a novel method of floating 3D hologram display to view stereoscopic three-dimensional images without putting on glasses. The system is comprised of a sharkstooth scrim screen, projector, polarizing filter for the projector, and a polarizing film to block the image projected from the sham screen. As part of the polarization characteristics, the background image and the front object have completely been separated from each other with the stereoscopic 3D effect successfully implemented by the binocular disparity caused by the distance between the two screens.
Floating hologram;Polarization;Holography;Projection hologram;Sharkstooth scrim
- Denisyuk, Yu.N., "On the reproduction of the optical properties of an object by the wave field of its scattered radiation," Optics and Spectroscopy, Vol. 18, pp. 152-157, 1963.
- Gabor, D., "A new microscopic principle," Nature, 161(4098), pp .777-778, 1948. https://doi.org/10.1038/161777a0
- Leith, E.N. and Upatnieks, J., "Wavefront reconstruction with diffused illumination and three dimensional objects," Journal of the Optical Society of America, Vol. 54, pp. 1295-1301, 1964. https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSA.54.001295
- Bjelkhagen, H. and Brotherton-Ratcliffe, D., Ultra-Realistic Imaging-Advanced Techniques in Analogue and Digital Colour Holography, Taylor & Francis, 2013.
- Donelan, Jenny, “Holography power: A conversation with MIT Media Lab's V. Michael Bove, Jr.,” Information Display, Vol. 28, No. 10, pp. 21-23, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2637-496X.2012.tb00553.x
- Natural Magick 1658, John Baptista Porta, NuVision Publications. 2005.
- Esther Shein, “Holographic Projection Systems Provide Eternal Life,” Communications of the ACM, Vol. 57, No. 7, pp. 19-21, 2014.
Supported by : IITP(Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion)