- Volume 8 Issue 1
This study aims to explore the understanding of and the interest in realistic digital contents and examine their effectiveness, by implementing and applying VR around the science subject in middle schools. It organized each group of two for cooperative activities, in order to implement VR for 52 middle school students located at Y-county, who understood study contents and agreed to participate in the study. Then, it implemented and applied realistic digital contents regarding a change in the science geosphere and many kinds of forces, by extracting and designing them. As they implemented and applied VR around contents interest in science subject. VR assisted lessons made statistically significant differences in understanding and effectiveness of realistic digital contents. It will provide basic data used to cultivate future talents who can prepare for a change in the educational paradigms along with the fourth industrial revolution and adapt to the future knowledge-based society.
Virtual reality (VR);Realistic digital contents;Middle school students;Science subject
- Y.J. Kim, The Effects of Digital Textbook on the Educational Achievements and Learning Motivations of Elementary School Student, The master's thesis, Gyeongin National University of Education, Korea, 2012.
- S.H. Chae, Augmented Reality Education App for learning Dural Venous Sinuses based on 3D model, The master's thesis, Incheon Catholic University, Korea, 2018.
- Y.S. Gil, The Effect of Science Instruction Using Digital Textbook on Academic Achievement and Scientific Attitude, The master's thesis, Gwangju National University of Education, Korea, 2019.
- Y.M. Yoo, S.H. Jo, "Design Plan for Digital Textbooks Applying Augmented Reality Image Recognition Technology - A Study on the Digital Textbooks for Middle School Science 1", Journal of the Korea contents association, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 353-363, 2018.
- J.R. Kim, S.G. Han, J.I. Han, K.H. Mo, H.J. Lee, Y.S. Kim, S.H. Kim, S.H. Kim, "Development of Tools to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Smart Education and Digital Textbooks -Focused on Pilot Schools", Korea education and research information service, 2014.
- COSPACES EDU, https://cospaces.io/edu.