- Volume 10 Issue 2
For customized education, it is essential to search the learning path for the learner. The genetic algorithm makes it possible to find optimal solutions within a practical time when they are difficult to be obtained with deterministic approaches because of the problem's very large search space. In this research, based on genetic algorithm, the learning paths to learn 200 chords in 27 music sheets were optimized to maximize the learning effect by balancing and minimizing learner's burden and learning size for each step in the learning paths. Although the permutation size of the possible learning path for 27 learning contents is more than
Music education;MusicXML;Learning path;Genetic algorithm;Optimization
- M. Bhaskar, M. Das, T. Chithralekha & S. Sivasatya. (2010). Genetic Algorithm Based Adaptive Learning Scheme Generation For Context Aware E-Learning. International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, 2(4), 1271-1279.
- A. Kumar, N. Singh & N. Ahuja. (2017). Learning Styles based Adaptive Intelligent Tutoring Systems: Document Analysis of Articles Published between 2001 and 2016. International Journal of Cognitive Research in Science, Engineering and Education, 5(2), 83-97. https://doi.org/10.5937/ijcrsee1702083K
- P. Karampiperis & D. Sampson. (2008). Adaptive Learning Resources Sequencing in Educational Hypermedia Systems. Educational Technology & Society, 8(4), 128-147.
- Z. Fan & C. Jiaheng. (2008). Learning Activity Sequencing in Personalized Education System. Journal of Natural Sciences, 13(4), 461-465.
- F. Edson & J. Valente. (2004). A New Approach to Meaningful Learning Assessment Using Concept Maps: Ontologies and Genetic Algorithms. Proc. of the 1st Conference on Concept Mapping. (pp.175-182). Pamplona.
- T. Lakshmi, A. Martin & V. Venkatesan. (2013). An Analysis of Students Performance Using Genetic Algorithm. Journal of Computer Science and Applications, 1(4). 75-79. https://doi.org/10.12691/jcsa-1-4-3
- D. Anastasiu, N. Bold & D. Nijloveanu. (2016). A Method Based on Genetic Algorithms for Generating Assessment Tests Used for Learning. Polibits, 54(1). 53-60. https://doi.org/10.17562/PB-54-7
- B. Velusamy, S. Anouneia & G. Abraham. (2013). Reinforcement Learning Approach for Adaptive E-learning Systems using Learning Styles. Information Technology Journal, 12(12), 2306-2314. https://doi.org/10.3923/itj.2013.2306.2314
- A. Sukstrienwong. (2017). A Genetic-algorithm Approach for Balancing Learning Styles and Academic Attributes in Heterogeneous Grouping of Students. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, 12(3). 4-25.
- F. Dorca, L. Lima, M. Fernandes & C. Lopes. (2013). Automatic student modeling in adaptive educational systems through probabilistic learning style combinations: a qualitative comparison between two innovative stochastic approaches. Journal of the Brazil Computer Society. 19(1). 43-58. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13173-012-0078-2
- J. Bernard, T. Chang, E. Popescu & S. Graf. (2017). Learning Style Identifier: Improving the Precision of Learning Style Identification Through Computational Intelligence Algorithms. Expert Systems with Applications, 75. 94-108. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2017.01.021
- D. Anitha & C. Chelliah. (2013). A Novel Approach for Selection of Learning Objects for Personalized Delivery of E-Learning Content. International Conference on Computer Science & Information Technology. (pp.413-420). Yogyakarta.
- L. Marcos, J. Martinez, J.-A. Gutierrez, R. Barchino, J. Hilera, S. Oton & J.-M. Gutierrez. (2011). Genetic Algorithms for Courseware Engineering. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, 7(7). 3981-4004.
- D. Matic (2010). A Genetic Algorithm for Composing Music. Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research, 20(1). 157-177. https://doi.org/10.2298/YJOR1001157M
- M. Alfonseca, M. Cebrian & A. Puente (2007). A Simple Genetic Algorithm for Music Generation by Means of Algorithmic Information Theory. Proc. of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation. (pp.25-28). Singapore.
Supported by : Seoul National University of Education