- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Project-based Learning and Learner Interaction by Web Convergency Communication Types
프로젝트기반 학습과 웹 융합 의사소통 유형별 학습자 상호작용
Shin, Myeong-Hee;Choi, Do-Soon
- Received : 2018.11.15
- Accepted : 2019.02.20
- Published : 2019.02.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of learners' academic achievement and learner interaction through project - based learning. In the case of interaction, we focused on the field of learning, that is, the learner's communication style in various technical environments. The subjects of this study were 80 learners who took a 3-hour elective English language learning course at a university in Korea. This study is to investigate the effect of learner interaction through KakaoTalk and LMS (Learning Management System). As a result of the study, it was found that there was a significant difference between learner interaction by project - based learning and communication type and kakao talk utilization group and LMS (Learning Management System) group. 1) The results of the kakao talk utilization group were significant in both the learner interaction and the learner's academic achievement according to the project - based learning and communication type. For current digital native learners, Kakao Talk is the result of the fact that it is the optimal environment for problem solving, communication, and uploading and sharing of educational activities.
Project-based learning;Learner's achievement;Learner's interaction;Technology environment;Communication types
- M. Gultekin (2015). The effects of project-based learning on learning outcomes in the 5th grade social studies course in primary education. Educational Sciences: Theory and Practice, 5(2), 548-56. DOI: http://hdl.handle.net/1969.6/508
- D. Abrahamson (2018). Reinventing discovery learning: a field-wide research program. Instructional Science, 46(1), 1-10. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11251-017-9444-y https://doi.org/10.1007/s11251-017-9444-y
- R. Kalyoncu & A. Tepecik (2010). An Application of Project-Based Learning in an Urban Project Topic in the Visual Arts Course in 8th Classes of Primary Education. Educational Sciences: Theory and Practice, 10(4), 2409-2430
- D. H. Kim (1998). An Evaluation Study on the Planning and Implementing of Project Learning in Elementary School, The Korean Society for Curriculum Studies, 16(20, 297-327.
- H. J. Hong. (2002). The Effectiveness of Project Method as A Transformer from Virtual and Indirect Experience to Real and Direct Experience in Knowledge-Based Society. The Journal of Curriculum Studies, 20(1), 167.
- Q. John (2016). Not ‘democratic education’ but ‘democracy and education’: Reconsidering Dewey’s oft misunderstood introduction to the philosophy of education. Educational philosophy and theory, 48(10), 0024.
- J. H. Lim, B. N. Lim, S. H. Choi, S. R. Kim (2004). A study on the development of community-based project learning models combined with blended learning approach in K-12 setting. The Korean Society for education technology, 20(3), 103-135.
- T. Anderson. (2003). Modes of interaction in distance education: Recent evelopments and research questions. In M. G. Moore & W. G. Anderson (Eds.), Handbook of Distance Education, 129-144.
- McGowan, F. Veronica (2018). An Investigation into Web-Based Presentations of Institutional Online Learning Orientations. Journal of Educators Online, 15(2), 29-35.
- Mehmet Firat, Hakan Kilinç, Tevfik Volkan Yuzer (2017). Level of intrinsic motivation of distance education students in e-learning environments. Journal of Computer Assist Learning. 34(1) 19-24
- T. Anderson. (2003). Modes of interaction in distance education: Recent evelopments and research questions. In M. G. Moore & amp; W. G. Anderson (Eds.), Handbook of Distance Education, 129-144. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Publishers.
- I. Jung, S. Choi, C. Lim, and J. Leem. (2002). In this paper, we propose a new method to improve the performance of a web-based instruction. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 39 (2), 153-162. https://doi.org/10.1080/14703290252934603
- A. Veerman, & E. Veldhuis-Diermanse. (2001). Collaborative learning through computer-mediated communication in academic education. Proceedings of the Computer Support for Collaborative Learning Conference (CSCL) 2001, 625-632A.
- A. Bandra (1977). Self-efficacy: Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Review, 84, 191-215 https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- F. Henri (1992). Computer conferencing content analysis. In. A. Kaye (Ed.), Collaborative Learning Through Computer Conferencing, NATO ASI series. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
- L. J. Cho (2004). Effect of learning ability and personality grouping on learners' interaction in web-based learning. Graduate School of Education, Korea National University of Education.