- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Convergence Study on In Vitro Lipid Digestibility of Instant Fried Noodle with HPMC
HPMC 점도의 유탕면 지방소화 지연에 대한 융합 연구
Bae, In Young;Jang, Hye Lim;Choi, Yean Jung;Lee, Hyeon Gyu
- Received : 2018.11.16
- Accepted : 2019.02.20
- Published : 2019.02.28
The effects of HPMC (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose) on instant fried noodles regarding oil uptake and in vitro lipid digestibility were evaluated according to different viscosity levels, as well as the same apparent viscosity. The oil uptake and lipid digestibility decreased with the increasing HPMC viscosity and replacement level, demonstrating that the reduced oil uptake and lipid digestibility may be caused by the high viscosity of HPMC. Furthermore, the oil uptake and lipid digestibility of noodles with HPMC at both apparent viscosities decreased with the increasing viscosity of HPMC in spite of having the same apparent viscosity. As a result, the high viscosity of HPMC on instant fried noodles was more critical factor compared to apparent viscosity for lowering oil uptake and lipid digestibility.
HPMC;viscosity;instant fried noodle;oil uptake;in vitro lipid digestibility
- Kim, Y., Kim, Y., Bae, I. Y., Lee, H. G., Hou, G. G., & Lee, S. (2013). Utilization of preharvest-dropped apple powder as an oil barrier for instant fried noodles. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 53(1): 88-93. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2013.02.022
- Oh, C-H., & Chung, H-Y. (2018). Analysis of Sodium Content and Tastes of Ramyeon Cooked Using Different Recipes. Korean Journal of Food and Cookery Science, 34(5): 450-457. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2018.34.5.450
- An, H. J., & Oh, S-Y. (2018). Five Views on RAMYEON - Focusing on the Analysis of Newspaper Articles from 1963 to 2012. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association. 18(9): 633-647.
- Varela, P., & Fiszman, S. M. (2011). Hydrocolloids in fried foods. A review. Food Hydrocolloids, 25(8): 1801-1812. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2011.01.016
- Hur, S. J., Kim, D. H., Chun, S. C., & Lee, S. K. (2013). Effects of dietary conjugated linoleic acid and biopolymer encapsulation on lipid metabolism in mice. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 14(4): 6848-6862. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms14046848
- Park, J-H., Ryu, B-M., & Kim, C-S. (2016). Quality characteristics of naengmyeon noodle containing citric acid and guar gum. Korean Journal of Food and Cookery Science, 32(4): 426-432. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2016.32.4.426
- Ryu, B. M., & Kim, C. S. (2015). Study on resistant starch contents and cooking characteristics of commercial extrusion-cooked noodles. Korean Journal of Food and Cookery Science, 31(3): 248-254. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2015.31.3.248
- Bang, I-H., Joung, M-Y., & Kwon, S-C. (2016). Study of the limitation standards setting of sterilization processing to vagetable juice contain barley sprout. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society. 17(7): 367-373.
- Lairon, D. (1997). Soluble fibers and dietary lipids. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 427(1): 99-108.
- Balasubramaniam, V. M., Chinnan, M. S., Mallikarjunan, P., & Phillips, R. D. (1997). The effect of edible film on oil uptake and moisture retention of a deep-fat fried poutry product. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 20(1): 17-29. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4530.1997.tb00408.x
- Grover, J. A. (1993). Industrial gums: Polysaccharides and their derivatives. Academic Press Inc.
- Hur, S. J., Lim, B. O., Park, G. B., & Joo, S. T. (2009). Effects of various fiber additions on lipid digestion during in vitro digestion of beef patties. Journal of Food Science, 74(9): C653-C657. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2009.01344.x
- Dikeman, C. L., Murphy, M. R., & Fahey, G. C. (2006). Dietary fibers affect viscosity of solutions and simulated human gastric and small intestinal digesta. The Journal of Nutrition, 136(4): 913-919. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/136.4.913
- AOAC (2005). Official methods of analysis. Washington, DC: Association of official Analytical Chemists.
- Versantvoort, C. H., Oomen, A. G., Van de Kamp, E., Rompelberg, C. J., & Sips, A. J. (2005). Applicability of an in vitro digestion model in assessing the bioaccessibility of mycotoxins from food. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 43(1): 31-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2004.08.007
- AOAC (1990). Official methods of analysis. Washington, DC: Association of official Analytical Chemists.
- Meyer, J. H., & Doty, J. E. (1988). GI transit and absorption of solid food: multiple effects of guar. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 48(2): 267-273. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/48.2.267
- Hur, S. J., Kim, Y. C., Choi, I., & Lee, S. K. (2013). The effects of biopolymer encapsulation on total lipids and cholesterol in egg yolk during in vitro human digestion. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 14(8): 16333-16347. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms140816333
- Cash, M. J., & Caputo, S. J. (2009). Food stabilisers, thickeners and gelling agents: Cellulose Derivatives. Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Altunakar, B., Sahin, S., & Sumnu, G. (2006). Effects of hydrocolloids on apparent viscosity of batters and quality of chicken nuggets. Chemical Engineering Communications, 193(6): 675-682. https://doi.org/10.1080/00986440500194069
- Chiang, M. T., Yao, H. T., & Chen, H. C. (2000). Effect of dietary chitosans with different viscosity on plasma lipids and lipid peroxidation in rats fed on a diet enriched with cholesterol. Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, 64(5): 965-971. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.64.965
- Pasquier, B., Armand, M., Castelain, C., Guillon, F., Borel, P., Lafont, H., & Lairon, D. (1996). Emulsification and lipolysis of triacylglycerols are altered by viscous soluble dietary fibres in acidic gastric medium in vitro. Biochemistry Journal, 314(1): 269-275. https://doi.org/10.1042/bj3140269
- Hur, S. J., Lee, S. J., Lee, S. Y., Bahk, Y. Y., & Kim, C. G. (2014). Effect of emulsifiers on microstructural changes and digestion of lipids in instant noodle during in vitro human digestion. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 60(1): 630-636.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)