- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study on the Mediating Effects of Dental Health Determinants on Relationship between Health Practice Behaviors and Health-Related Quality of Life of the Elderly
노인의 건강실천행위가 건강관련 삶의 질에 미치는 영향에서 치아건강도의 매개효과에 관한 융합연구
- Received : 2018.11.27
- Accepted : 2019.02.20
- Published : 2019.02.28
This study was to examine whether an elderly can health-related quality of life(EQ-5D) by the mediating effect of dental health determinants on the association between health practice behavior and EQ-5D. The analysis was conducted on 1,311 of above the age of 65 in elderly by using raw data from the 2015 National Health and Nutrition Survey. The data were analyzed using SPSS for windows version 24.0 and SPSS PROCESS-macro. The health practice behavior and EQ-5D by living arrangement were the highest in the one-generation family(4.62, 0.90) and the lowest the elderly living alone(4.40, 0.86). Also, analysis using the PROCESS macro indicated that the FS-T index has a mediating effect between health practice behavior and EQ-5D(
Health Practice Behavior;Health-Related Quality of Life;FS-T index;T-Health index;Convergence
- World Health Organization Quality of Life Group. (1994). Development of the WHOQOL: Rationale and current status. International Journal of Mental Health, 23(3), 24-56. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207411.1994.11449286
- H. S. Park & K. J. Lee. (2007). A Study on the Health Behaviors, Physical Function, and Life Satisfaction for Elderly Women. Korean J Women Health Nurs, 13(2), 115-122.
- J. H. Kim. (2013). The Effects of Anxiety about Aging on Successful Aging of the Elderly-Focusing on the Mediating Effect of Family resilience-. master's thesis. Kyonggi University, Seoul.
- L. G. Branch & A. M. Jette. (1984). Personal health practices and mortality among the elderly. Am J Public Health, 74(10), 1126-1129. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.74.10.1126
- D. Locker. (1988). Measuring oral health :a conceptual framework. Community Dent Health, 5(1), 3-18.
- S. Birch. (1986). Measuring dental health: improvements on the DMF index. Community Dental Health, 3(4), 303-311.
- A. Sheiham, J. Maizels, A. Maizels. (1987). New composite indicators of dental health. Community Dent Health, 4(4), 407-414.
- . E. Cho, M. Y. Kim, J. H. Yoo, H. S. Kim, H. K. Kwon, Y. S. Cho, B. I. Kim. (2006). New composite indicators for evaluating oral health in Korean adults: Functioning Teeth (FS-T) and T-Health Index. Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 30(1), 1-11.
- H. H. Park & I. J. Song. (2018). A Convergence Study on Factors Influencing Health-related Quality of Life in Patients with Chronic Neck Pain. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(6), 299-310. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.6.299.
- H. S. Kim. (2017). Effect of Pain, Nutritional Risk, Loneliness, Perceived Health Status on Health-related Quality of Life in Elderly Women Living Alone. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(7), 207-218. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.7.207. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.207
- H. Y. Song & M. H. Park. (2017). Comparable Influencing Factors for Quality of Health-Life in Osteoarthritis Patients in Urban and Rural Areas. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(6), 311-323. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.311.
- K. O. Cho. (2014). The Positive Effect of Physical Activity on Health and Health-related Quality of Life in Elderly Korean People-Evidence from the Fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. J Lifestyle Med, 4(2), 86-94. DOI : 10.15280/jlm.2014.4.2.86. https://doi.org/10.15280/jlm.2014.4.2.86
- S. H. Lee. (2013). Gender Difference in Influencing Factors on Health related Quality of Life among the Elderly in Community. Journal of Digital Convergence, 11(12), 523-535. DOI : 10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.523. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.523
- J. Kim, Y. Choi, S. Park, K. H. Cho, Y. J. Ju, E. C. Park. (2016). The impact of living arrangements on quality of life among Korean elderly: findings from the Korean Longitudinal Study of Aging (2006-2012). Quality of Life Research, 26(5), 1303-1314. DOI: 10.1007/s11136-016-1448-6.
- S. J. Ban, H. J. Lim, Y. J. Cho, J. K. Lee. (2015). The impact of the level of education as a result of educational investment on a quality of life - mediating effects of an employment, a health, and a social relation. The Journal of economics and finance of education, 24(2), 111-131.
- Ministry of health and welfare. (2015). The Sixth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey(KNHANES VI-3). Seoul : Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. from http://www.cdc.go.kr
- N. B. Belloc & L. Breslow. (1972). Relationship of Physical Health Status and Health Practices. Preventive Medicine, 1(3), 409-421. https://doi.org/10.1016/0091-7435(72)90014-X https://doi.org/10.1016/0091-7435(72)90014-X
- H. S. Nam, K. Y. Kim, S. S. Kwon, K. W. Koh, K. Poul, (2007). EQ-5D Korean valuation study using time trade of method. Seoul: Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- M. F. Muldoon, S. D. Barger, J. D. Flory, S. B. Manuck. (1998). What are quality of life measurements measuring?. BMJ, 316(7130), 542-545. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.316.7130.542
- A. F. Hayes. (2013). Introduction to Mediation, Moderation, and Conditional Process Analysis: A Regression-Based Approach. New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
- H. J. Lee. (2014). The impact of social activity on life satisfaction and depression of community-dwelling elderly comparing living arrangement. Journal of Community Welfare, 48(1), 269-290. DOI: 10.15300/jcw.2014.48.1.269.
Supported by : Youngsan University