- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study of English Teaching Method by Convergence of Project-based Learning and Problem-based Learning for English Communication
프로젝트 기반과 문제해결 기반 융합 학습을 통한 영어 의사소통 교수법에 관한 연구
- Received : 2018.12.31
- Accepted : 2019.02.20
- Published : 2019.02.28
This study examines the effects of student-centered project-based learning for the development of creative problem-solving skills, communication skills, critical thinking skills, and cooperation. A college students' creative personality test was used and pre-and post-test were performed. and TOEIC Speaking practice test by Educational Testing Service were selected to measure the English communication skills. The SPSS 18.0 was used and validated at a significance level of 5%. The result of this study shows that in the case of 'independence', the post-test average of the experimental group was statistically significant at the significant level (p<.01), which also showed statistically significant difference. There was statistically significant difference between the control group (
Project-based and problem-based convergent learning;Creative personality;Student-centered learning;English communication skills;Independence;Openness
- R. G. Harrington. (1984). Effects of verbal self-instruction on creative play in preschool-aged children. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 18(2), 143-151. DOI: 10.1002/j.2162-6057.1984.tb00376.x https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2162-6057.1984.tb00376.x
- S. Monika. (2016). Creativity in foreign language teaching Journal of Education Culture, 16, 141-168. DOI : 10.15503/jecs20162.180.188
- M. Robyn (2015). The relationship between creativity, social play, and children's language abilities. Journal of Early Child Development and Care, 185(7). DOI: 10.1080/03004430.2014.983916
- M. Y. Lee & D. Y. Lee. (2004). Language and Linguistics. Seoul: Yeoklack.
- J. S. Lee. (2017). A Study on the Premise and Contents Layout of Language - based Convergence Education. Korean language literature, 101, 175-199. https://doi.org/10.21793/koreall.2017.101.175
- D. Coyle, P. Hood, & D. Marsh. (2010). Content and Language Integrated Learning. New York: Cambridge University Press. DOI: 10.1017/S0261444813000256.
- C. Adams. (2018). Buck Institute for Education http://www.bie.org/index.php/site/PBL/pbl_handbook_introduction/#history.
- J. Mergendoller. & J. Thomas. (2018). Managing project based learning: Principles from the field. http://www.bie.org/index.php/site/RE/pbl_research/29.
- E. P. Torrance. (1996). The Torrance Test of Creative Thinking. Massachusetts, Personal Press. 53-58. DOI: 10.1016/j.tsc.2008.03.003
- E. Sagone (2013). The Influence of Creative Personality Factors on Interpersonal Adjustment in Adolescents: What's the Relationship?, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 82(3), 131-136 DOI: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.06.236 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.06.236
- M. J. Choi & J.K. Kim (2016). Correlation of Art-centered Projects with Teamwork and Credibility, Learner-centered curriculum education research, 16(10). DOI : 10.22251/jlcci.2016.16.10.403
- S. D. Lee. (2002). Development and Validation of Creative Personality Test for University Students. Journal of Educational Psychology, 16(2), 43-61
- D. E. Murray (2013). Case for Online English Language Teacher Education. The International Research Foundation for English Language Education 4(1).
- A. J. Starko (2013). Creativity in the classroom. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203115176
- E. Cindy (2004) Problem-based learning; What and How do students learn?, Educational Psychology Review, 16(3), 235-266. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:EDPR.0000034022.16470.f3