- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effectiveness of e-learning video class using the online learning judgement system : Focused on the social studies classes in Elementary school
온라인 학습판단 시스템을 활용한 e-러닝 동영상 수업의 효과연구 : 초등학교 사회과 수업을 중심으로
Kim, Jihyun;Jung, Jaebum;Jo, Jaechoon;Lim, Heuiseok
- Received : 2018.11.14
- Accepted : 2019.02.20
- Published : 2019.02.28
The purpose of this study is to analyze and compare the effectiveness of elementary in e-Learning video lessons. In an elementary school where the educational videos are frequently used, the learning about video materials is important but it is difficult to judge all students by a teacher in a classroom. In order to solve the problems of the field, In the fifth-grade elementary school social studies class, learning using video material was conducted by using the online learning judgment system for the experimental group, and learning using video material was conducted by the traditional method for the controlled group. As a result of the experiment, the class using the online learning judgment system was effective in enhancing the learner 's academic achievement. It also positively influenced learners' learning satisfaction. Teachers' satisfaction was not statistically significant because of the small number of teachers. However, The mean value of the teachers' satisfaction in the experimental group was high and the deviation was small.
e-Learning;Video learning;Online learning judgment system;Smart Education
- M. H. Kim. (2015. 9. 15). The Future of Education, e-Learning - The Age of MOOC 2.0, Education Is Evolving. Etnews. http://www.etnews.com/20150915000206
- Onah, D. F. O., Sinclair, Jane (2015). Learners expectations and motivations using content analysis in MOOC. World Conference on Educational Media and Technology, Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education(AACE), 2015(1), 185-194.
- Zhang, D., Zhou, L., Briggs, R.O & Nunamaker Jr, JF. (2006). Instructional video in e-learning: Assessing the impact of interactive video on learning effectiveness. Information & Management 43(1), 15-27. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2005.01.004
- Chi, M.T. (2009). Active constructive interactive: A conceptual framework for differentiating learning activities. Topics in Cognitive Science, 1(1), 73-105. DOI : 10.1111/j.1756-8765.2008.01005 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1756-8765.2008.01005.x
- Pham. P& Wang. Jingtao (2015, June). AttentiveLearner: Improving Mobile MOOC Learning via Implicit Heart Rate Tracking. AIED 2015, (pp. 367-376). Madrid: Springer Verlag
- S. Han. (2010). A Study on the Strategy for e-Learning in Elementary Education. Gyeongin National University of Education, 30(1), 173-189.
- Y. Kim. (2010). Effects of Utilizing Animation Prior to Fundamental Nursing Practice on Learning Motivation and Self-Directedness in Student Nurses. Journal of Fundamentals of Nursing,17(2), 240-248.
- H. Jo. & G. Kang. (2016). The Influence of Case-Based Learning using video In Emergency care of infant and toddlers. Journal of academia-industrial technology, 17(12), 292-300.
- S. Heo. (2010). The development and implementation of video-based anchored instruction for effective inclusive education: (2) Effect on the math achievements of children with learning disabilities. Learning disability study, 7(3), 43-61.
- T. Noh., J. Cha., & C. Kim. (1999). The Effect of Computer-Assisted Instruction Using Molecular-Level Animation and Worksheet in High School Chemistry Class. Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education, 18(1), 128-136.
- M. Gug. (2003). A Study on the Effect and Application of Motion Picture Materials in Geography Subject. Journal of The Korean Association of Geographical and Environmental Education, 11(3), 119-132.
- Y. Lee. & G. Jung. (2017). The effects of applying Smart Learning to Fun elements and class satisfaction in physical education class in elementary school. Journal of Korea Institute of Sports and Sports, 23(1), 69-87.
- Y. Kwon. & D. Kwon. (2002). The effect of the use of video on children's listening comprehension, speaking ability, and interest in English. STEM Journal, 3(2), 17-40.
- H. Woo, M. Yeom &D. Jung. (2016). An Analysis on the UCC Media for STEAM Integrated Education. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(1), 43-48. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.043 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.043
- Korea Information and Communication Technology Association. (2014). ICT Current events 2015. Seoul : Korea Information and Communication Technology Association
- J. Jang., I. Go. & C. Jung. (2008). The Impact of e-Learning System Characteristics on Learner Committment and Satisfaction. Application of Information Technology, 15(1), 99-116.
- J. Jo, W. Yu, K. Koh & H. Lim. (2017). Development of a Game-Based Learning Judgment System for Online Education Environments Based on Video Lecture: Minimum Learning Judgment System. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 56(6), 802-825. DOI : 10.1177/0735633117734122
- G. Lee. (1996). Phonological rules in oral reading of Korea. The Korean Journal of Cognitive and Biological Psychology, 8(1), 1-23.
- J. Song., G. Nam. & M. Gu. (2012). The Effect of Word Frequency and Neighborhood Density on Spoken Word Segmentation in Korean. Phonetics and Speech Sciences, 4(2), 3-20.
- G. Kim. & H. Kim. (2017). A Study on Customized Software Education method using Flipped Learning in the Digital Age. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(7), 55-64. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.55