- Volume 10 Issue 2
The purpose of this study is to propose the direction of competence of future designers required in the fourth industrial revolution. Designers have played an intermediary role in connecting technology and human beings. Therefore, in the fourth industrial revolution the capacity required to perform the intermediate role as a designer has also changed. The paradigm of design which changed step by step through the literature survey was studied. In addition, priorities were confirmed by comparing past and future designer competencies through prior research on designer competencies. As a result, we confirmed that the planning competence to solve complex problems and the competence of design management to realize them. Based on this research, we hope to be able to recognize the direction of competence as a designer in the fourth industrial revolution and to be a reference material for the follow - up study.
The fourth industrial revolution;Designer competence;Framwork of design competence;Design paradigm
- C. H. Park. (2017). 4th Industrial Revolution to be Focused on People. Seoul : Books and trees
- Klaus Schwab. (2016). The Fourth Industrial Revolution. Seoul : New current
- M. H. Lee. (2017), Examples of advanced countries in the Fourth Industrial Revolution and Korea's Response Strategy. Seoul : Korean Peninsula Advanced Foundation
- J. H. Chin. (2017). Startline of the 4th Industrial Revolution. Seoul : KIDP
- H. J. Gong (2018). A Basic Study on Design and Designer role in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Jounal digital convergence. 16(4). 302-312.
- Y. J. Jeon. (2018). A study on the implication of AI development for design work force. Master dissertation. Hongik University. Seoul.
- H. Y. Kim (2016). The study on Strengthening Design Knowledge competence of advertisement Creators. Doctoral dissertation. Chung-Ang University. Seoul.
- S. Y. Kim. (2016). Designing the Designers' Competencies. Seoul : KIDP.
- B. G. Oh. (2018). Needs Analysis of Field Job-oriented Design Competencies. Seoul : KIDP.
- H. S. Oh. (2010). Trend Analysis of Expert Society through Changing. Korea Society for the study of Vocational Education. 29(2). 205-223.
- Chris Conley. (2004). The Core Competencies of Design. USA : IDASA
- AIGA. (2015). Designer of 2015 Competencies. USA : AIGA
- AIGA. (2017). Why Design Education should pay attention to Trend. USA : AIGA
- GOV.UK (2018). Digital, Data and Technology Capability. UK : GOV.UK
- W. J. Jeong (2018). A Study on the Role of Designer in 4th Industrial Revolution. Journal of Digital Convergence. 16(8). 279-285.