- Volume 10 Issue 2
The flooding and overtopping due to unexpected large ocean wave may occur serious problems to environments and structures. Generally fixed wave breakers and several structures were installed to prevent such damages, however, they may affect to environments and charted path of ships badly. In this regard, new type of initial wave breaker was investigated in both of experimentally and numerically. For the experiments, conceptual devices were built by authors with stereo vision system. The moving particle semi-implicit method was adopted for simulation. It is revealed that the initial wave breaker reduce the damages from ocean waves by energy dissipated earlier. Furthermore, the effects of position of the initial wave breaker was also considered.
Initial wave breaker;particle method;costal conservation;wave maker;stereo vision
- Postacchini, M. Othman, I.K. Brocchini, M. & Baldock, T.E. (2014). Sediment transport and morphodynamics generated by a dam-break swash uprush: Coupled vs. uncoupled modelling. Coastal Engineering 89, 99-105. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.coastaleng.2014.04.003
- Brocchini, M. & Peregrine, D.H. (2001). The dynamics of strong turbulence at free surfaces. Part 2. Free-surface boundary conditions. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 449, 255-290. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112001006024
- Amicarelli, A. Albano, R. Mirauda, D. Agate, G. Sole, A. & Guandalini, R. A. (2015). smoothed particle hydrodynamics model 3D solid body transport in free surface flows. Computational Fluids 116, 205-228. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compfluid.2015.04.018
- Monaghan, J.J. (1988), An Introduction to SPH, Computer Physics Communications, 48, 89-99. https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-4655(88)90026-4
- K. S. Kim. (2018). A Mesh-Free Particle Method for Simulation of Mobile-Bed Behavior Induced by Dam Break. Applied Sciences, 8, 1070 DOI : 10.3390/app8071070 https://doi.org/10.3390/app8071070
- Y. W. Nam & Y. H. Kim. (2015) Speed estimation of sound-emitted objects through convergence of sound information analysis and smart device technology. Korean Convergence Society, 6(5), 233-240. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.233
- S. H. Oh. (2015) A Fuzzy Linear Programming Problem with Fuzzy Convergent Equality Constraints. Korean Convergence Society, 6(5), 227-232. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.227
- J. H. Yang, Y. S. Park & S. H. Lee. (2017) Text extraction in iamges using simplify color and edges pattern analysis, Korean Convergence Society, 8(8), 33-40.
- J. H. Yun, M. R. Choi, & S. S. Lee. (2017) Multi-camera image feature analysis for virtual space convergence, Korean Convergence Society, 8(8), 19-28.
- Koshizuka, S. & Oka, Y. (1996) Moving-particle semi-implicit method for fragmentation of incompressible fluid. Nuclear Sciences Engingeering 123, 421-434.
- Tanaka, M. & Masunaga, T. Stabilization and smoothing of pressure in MPS method by quasi-compressibility. Journal of Computational Physiscs 229. 4279-4290.
- B. H. Lee, J. C. Park, M. H. Kim & S. C. Hwang. (2001). Step-by-step improvement of MPS method in simulating violent free-surface motions and impact-loads. Computer Methods Application in Mechanical Engineering, 200, 1113-1125.
- K. S. Kim, M. H. Kim. & J. C. Park. (2014). Development of moving particle simulation method for multiliquid-layer sloshing. Mathematical Problems in Engineering 2014, 350165.
- R. I Hartley & A. Zisserman. (2004). Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision, Cambridge University Press.
- S. H. Park, S. J. Yu, J. R. Kim, S. J. Kim & S. H. Lee. (2012). 3D hand tracking using Kalman filter in depth space, EURASIP J. Adv. Signal Process. 36.
Supported by : Tongmyong University, National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)