- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of the Indicators and Scales to Evaluate Archival Information Service Environments for the Disabled in Archives: Merging the Barrier-Free Authentication Indicators with the Conceptionalization of Archival Information Services
장애인을 위한 기록정보서비스 환경 평가를 위한 지표 및 척도 개발: 장애물 없는 생활환경 인증 지표와 기록정보서비스 개념의 융합을 중심으로
Koo, Joung Hwa
- Received : 2019.01.16
- Accepted : 2019.02.20
- Published : 2019.02.28
The study aims to develop the indicators to evaluate archival information service environments for the disabled in archives. Based on the barrier-free authentication indicators, the study analyzed the main concepts of archival information services and the service movement lines of users in archives. The study developed new indicators to evaluate records and information service environments by synthesizing all the concepts of information services, service movement lines, barrier-free authentication indicators and the regulations related to archival information services. The study can contribute to find out core problems of service environments in archives through utilizing the new indicators and scales, and to suggest alternatives to improve the environmental conditions for the disabled.
Archival Information Service;the Disabled;Barrier-Free;Service Environment;Service Evaluation Index
- M. J. Pugh. (2005). Providing Reference Services for Archives and Manuscripts. Chicago, IL: SAA.
- Korea Society of Archives and Record Management. (2013). Records & Archives Management: The Science of Evidence & Memory. Seoul: ACP.
- G. Kim. (2013). Research Trend of Archival Information Services in Korea. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management, 13(3), 199-229. https://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2013.13.3.199
- H. Rieh. et al. (2007). Evaluation and Improvement Direction of Information Services in Records Centers and Archives: A Case Study. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management, 7(2), 24-42.
- H. Kim & H. Rieh. (2009). Evaluation Model Development for Web Archival Information Services and the Service Evaluation: Focused on University Archives. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management, 9(2), 59-78.
- National Law Information Center. (2015). Framework Act on National Informatization.
- Korea Disabled People Development Institute. (2015). Barrier-Free Certificate. https://bf.koddi.or.kr
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. (2014). Development of Universal Design Manual for Public Libraries.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. (2013). Universal Design Guidelines for Cultural Facilities.
- S. Lee. (2004). A Study on Enhancing Accessibility to the National Archives. The Korean Journal of Archival Studies, 10, 65-111.
- S. Y. Han & D. Y. Jeong. (2012). A Study on the Development of Archive Service Quality Scale: Focused on Public Institutions. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management, 12(1), 59-78.
- D. H. Heo. (2014). A Study on Evaluation Indicators of Archival Information Services. Master Thesis. Myongji University.
- S. Jeon. (2008). Development of Evaluation Indicators of the Records Management Conditions of Public Organization. The Korean Journal of Archival Studies, 18, 3-36.
- W. Jeong & H. Rieh. 2016. Users' Evaluation of Information Services in University Archives. Journal of Korean Society of Archives and Records Management, 16(1), 195-221. https://doi.org/10.14404/JKSARM.2016.16.1.195
- K. Kang. A Study on the Application of Universal Design in Apartment Bathrooms: Focused on Spatial Dimension, Fixture Layout and Color Schemes. Ph.D. Dissertation. Korea University.
- J. A. Jang & Y. H. Cho. (2011). A Study on the Directions of Convenient Facilities for Visually Impaired Persons. Journal of Korea Community Development Society, 36(1), 49-61.
- I. H. Yun. (2011). The Study on the Improvement of the Disabled Facilities in Public Service Facilities: Focusing Dong Office and Myeon Office of Miryang City. Master Thesis. Pusan National University.
- G. Lee. (2016). A Study on the Improvement of the Barrier-Free Authentication Indicators through the Analysis of Barrier-Free Authentication Public Buildings: Focused on Daejeon Metropolitan City Residents Autonomy Center. Master Thesis. Kongju National University.
- J. Song. (2018). A Study on the Establishment of a Barrier Free Living Environment in Kindergarten: Focusing on Barrier Free Living Environment Certificate Standards. Master Thesis. Korea National University of Education.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport & Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2018). Regulations on the Certification of Barrier-Free Living Environment.
- K. I. Lee & B. K. Kang. (2011). A Study on the Improvement Direction of Barrier Free Certification Evaluation Items: Focused on the Evaluation Items of Building. Journal of the Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture, 17(4), 25-37.
- Act on the Convenience Promotion of Disabled Persons, Elderly People and Pregnant Women. (2018).
- R. J. Cox. (1992). Managing Institutional Archives: Foundational Principles and Practices. New York, NY: Greenwood Press.
- T. Cook. (1993). The Concept of the Archival Fonds in the Post-Custodial Era: Theory, Problems and Solutions. Archivaria, 35, 24-33.
- M. Seol. (2008). A Study of Strategic Planning for Archival Information Services in the National Archives of Korea. Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 25(3), 249-271. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2008.25.3.249
- M. H. Lee. (2008). Developing a Public Services Framework for the Regional Archives in Korea. Master Thesis. Sangmyung University.
- J. Kim. (2016). A Study on Spatial Model Planning for the Regional Archives Based on Analysis of the Record Management System. Master Thesis. Hongik University.
- International Council on Archives. (2016). Code of Ethics. https://www.ica.org/sites/default/files/ICA_1996-09-06_code%20of%20ethics_EN.pdf
- B. I. Kim. (2013). Study on the Improvement of Archival Information Services for the Visually Impaired. Digital Library, 71, 70-85.
- Welfare for Disabled Persons Act. (2013). http://www.law.go.kr/lsEfInfoP.do?lsiSeq=142359#