- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study of the Relationship of Customer Orientation, Customer Satisfaction, Customer Trust and Loyalty of Fitness Center
피트니스센터의 고객지향성, 고객만족, 고객신뢰 및 충성도에 관한 연구
Koh, Bo-Ra;Hur, Jin
- Received : 2018.11.16
- Accepted : 2019.02.20
- Published : 2019.02.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship among customer orientation, customer satisfaction, customer trust and loyalty of fitness center. The subjects were sport center customer and 250 data were collected and 237 of them were chosen as for final data analysis. Data processing was done for frequency analysis using SPSS 22.0, confirmatory factor analysis, correlation analysis and structural equation mode analysis using AMOS 22.0. Based on the above study method and procedures and the result are as follows. First, customer orientation had a positive effect on customer satisfaction. Second, customer orientation had a positive effect on customer trust. Third, customer satisfaction and customer trust had a positive effect on loyalty.
customer orientation;customer;customer trust;loyalty;fitness center
- Y. S. Kim. (2012). Structural Relation among Service Encounter at Sports Center, Product Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Trust, Relationship Commitment and Relationship Behavior. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 49, 133-151.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. (2017). Retrieved from http://www.mcst.go.kr/web/s_data/statistics/statView.jsp?pSeq=858
- J. S. Oh, (2017). The effect of service relational benefit on customer satisfaction and relationship retention intention of sports centers. Korea Journal of Society For Wellness, 12(2), 153-163.
- J. Y. Yang, J. Chang & K. R. Chang. (2009). Impacts of relationship marketing on customer satisfaction, relationship commitment, and repurchase intentions commercial sports facility. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 35(1), 159-169.
- M. M. Hajjat. (2002). Customer orientation: Construction and validation of the CUSTOR scale. Marketing intelligence and planning, 20(7), 428-41. https://doi.org/10.1108/02634500210450864
- P. Kotler. (2003). Marketing management. 11th edition. Prentice-Hall. Upper saddle river, New Jersey.
- K. D. Hoffman & T. N. Ingram. (1992). Service provider job satisfaction and customer oriented performance. Journal of Service Marketing, 6(2), 68-78. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876049210035872
- T. Brown, J. J. C. Mowen, D. T. Donavan & J. W. Licata. (2002). The customer orientation of service workers: Personality trait determinants and effects on self and supervisor performance ratings. Journal of Marketing Research, 39(1), 110-119. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.184.108.40.20628
- Y. H. Jin, M. Y. Park & J. W. Ryu. (2013). The effect of sommelier service quality on customer's emotional response and revisit intention. Culinary Science and Hospitality Research. 19(1), 70-84. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2013.19.1.006006006
- J. H. Park. (2014). Effects of customer orientation on customer trust and satisfaction in hotel service: A mediating role of rapport. Tourism Research, 43(2), 41-44.
- W. Kim & C. Ok. (2009). The effect of relationship benefits of favorable inequality, affective commitment, and repurchase intention in full-service restaurants. Journal of Hospitality and tourism research, 33(2), 227-244. https://doi.org/10.1177/1096348008329874
- J. E. Swan, I. Trawick & D. W. Silva. (1985). How industrial salespeople gain customer trust. Industrial-Marketing Management, 14, (August), 203-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/0019-8501(85)90039-2
- S. H. Lee & N. Y. Lee. (2013). A Study on the Effects of the Customer-oriented Services of golf Instructors on service value, customer satisfaction, emotional commitment and image of the driving range. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies 54(1), 509-522.
- S. LA & Y. Yi (2015). A critical review of customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, relationship marketing, and customer relationship management. Journal of Korean Marketing of Korean Marketing Association, 30(1), 53-104.
- J. J. Sierra & S. McQuitty. (2005). Service providers and customers: Social exchange theory and service loyalty. Journal of Services Marketing, 19(6), 392-400. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040510620166
- E. J. Pedhazur & L. P. Schmelkin. (1991). Measurement, design, and analysis: An integrated approach. Earlbaum, Hillsdale, NJ. process. Advance in Consumer Research, 10(1), 250-255.
- Jr. J. F. Hair, R. E. Anderson, R. L. Tatham & W. C. Black. (1998). Multivariate data analysis. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- G. S. Kim. (2007). (New Amos 7.0) Structural equation modeling. Seoul: Hannarae Publishing Co.
- C. Fornell & D. F. Larcker. (1981). Evaluation structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research, 18(1), 39-50. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224378101800104
- R. Saxe & B. A. Weitz. (1982). The SOCO scale: A Measure of the customer orientation of salespeople, Journal of Marketing Research, 19(3), 343-351. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224378201900307
- T. Hennig-Thurau. (2004). Customer orientation of service employees: Its impact on customer satisfaction, commitment, and retention. International Journal of Service Industry Management, 15, 460-478. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564230410564939
- S. S. Hyun. (2010). Predictors of relationship quality and loyalty in the chain restaurant industry. Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 51(2), 251-267.
- P. M. Doney & J. P.Cannon. (1997). An examination of the nature of trust in buyer-seller relationships. Journal of Marketing, 61(2), 35-51. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251829
- I. S. Kim. (2016). The relationship of instructor image, customer value and customer loyalty in sport center. Korean Journal of Society of Sports Science, 25(6), 693-704.
- J. L. Song & J. H. Kim. (2018). Effects of Shopping Value of Car Sharing Service on Brand Loyalty and Intention to Use. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(4), 127-133.
- J. C. Anderson & J. A. Narus. (1990). A model of distributor firm and manufacturer firm working partnerships. Journal of Marketing, 54(1), 42-58. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224299005400304
- S. Y. Lee, K. S. Park & Ruil, Cong. (2018). Customer Satisfaction, Customer Loyalty and Intention to Repurchase : Verification of Mediating Effect on Customer Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(1), 497-510. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.3.497
- I. G. Kim. (2016). The Relationships of Expectancy-Disconfirmation and Satisfaction, Loyalty of Students Majoring in Art & Physical Education. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(2), 469-477. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.469
- J. J. Park. (2018). Effects of Customers' Perceived Service Justice in Membership Discount on Customer's Satisfaction and Relationship Quality in Deluxe Hotel. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(1), 265-274. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.1.265