- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Enhancement of Athletic Performance by Analyzing Lap Times in Kayak 1000m Sprint
카약 1000m 경기 랩타임 분석을 통한 경기력 향상 방안 모색
Shin, Kwang-Taek;Sohn, Jee-Hoon
- Received : 2019.01.04
- Accepted : 2019.02.20
- Published : 2019.02.28
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the lap time of K-1 sprint competition and compare the records of the best group and the other groups. Based on these data we are willing to provide them on pace control strategies for improving their performances. The analysis was conducted on 12 elite kayak players, measuring the lap time by every interval after dividing the entire 1,000-meter race into 10 sections of 100 meters. We divide the group A, B, C and D based on their final time records. Two-factor repeated measures ANOVA, One-way ANOVA, and correlation analysis were performed. There were no significant lap time differences in the section of first 200m and last 200m between A, B and C. But the C's lap time of 200m~600m were significantly later than group A and B. Non-superior athletes need to establish strategies to reduce lap time in the middle section.
Kayak;K-1 sprint;Performance analysis;Lap time analysis;Training program
- Korean Canoe Federation. http://www.canoe.or.kr
- K. W. Jun. (2003). A Comparative Study on Body Composition and Physical Fitness in High Schools and National Canoe Team. Master dissertation. Kookmin University, Seoul.
- J. W. Kim. (2006). A Study on Body Composition, Physical Fitness, and Record in Candidate Canoe Players. Master dissertation. Mokpo National University, Mokpo.
- J. G. Choi & Y. J. Kim. (2004). The Study on Analysis of Muscle Fatigue and Recruitment Type in Major Muscles during Canoe Ergometer Exercise. Korea Sport Research, 15(2), 1601-1612.
- J. S. Ryu, Y. J. Lee & C. K. Park. (1996). The Kinematical Analysis of Kayak Canoe Stroking. The Research Institute of Physical Education & Sports Science, 15(1), 89-97.
- H. G. Kim. (2000). The Comparative Study of the Training Program of the Canoe Players of Girl's High School. Master dissertation. Mokpo National University, Mokpo.
- B. S. O. (2003). Comparison of the Section Records of Marathon Finishers and Non-finishers in an International Marathon Race. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 19(2), 1339-1350.
- E. Y. Robertson, D. B. Pyne, W. G. Hopkins, & J. M. Anson. (2009). Analysis of Lap Times in International Swimming Competitions. Journal of Sports Sciences, 27(4), 387-395. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640410802641400
- J. Corbett. (2009). An Analysis of the Pacing Strategies adopted by Elite Athletes during Track Cycling. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, 4, 195-205. https://doi.org/10.1123/ijspp.4.2.195
- N. J. Chung. (2005). Analysis of the Body Segment Kinematics by Lap Time during Men's 5,000m Racing. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 15(2), 197-207.
- J. H. Lee, Y. J. Park & S. Y. Kim. (2012). The Study of Split Times and Velocity of Elite 100m Sprinter. The Korean Journal of Sport, 10(2), 239-246.
- R. Tucker, M. I. Lambert & T. D Noakes. (2006). An Analysis of Pacing Strategies during Men's World-record Performances in Track Athletics. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, 1(3), 233-245. https://doi.org/10.1123/ijspp.1.3.233
- C. R. Abbiss & P. B. Laursen (2008). Describing and Understanding Pacing Strategies during Athletic Competition. Sports Medicine, 38(3), 239-252. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200838030-00004
- J. M. Saaverdra, Y. Escalante, A. Garcia-Hermoso, R. Arellano & F. Navarro. (2012). A 12-year Analysis of Pacing Strategies in 200-and 400-m Individual Medley in International Swimming Competitions. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 26(12), 3289-3296. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e318248aed5
- K. T. Shin & J. H. Sohn. (2018). Assessment of Isokinetic Muscle Function, Balance and Flexibility in Elite High School Kayakers. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(6), 407-416.