- Volume 10 Issue 1
In this paper, we have studied a direction finding method of the radio signal by comparing the phase difference and its pattern from the uniform circular array antenna. In the phase comparison direction finding, if the length of the antenna baseline is longer than 0.5 wavelength of the incident signal, azimuth ambiguity occurs in which two or more azimuth angles are calculated in the same phase difference. The azimuthal ambiguity is removed by fusing the phase difference of the 5 antennas. The developed ambiguity elimination technology reduces the azimuth error where the antenna baseline is shorter than 1.236 wavelength in the uniform circular array with five antennas. This algorithm is very useful for the design of direction finder of an electronic information system.
- Andrea De Martino. (2012). Introduction to Modern EW Systems, Artech House, Boston, 221-244.
- Sathish Chandran Editor. (2005). Advanced in Direction-of-Arrival Estimation, Artech House, Boston, 241-258.
- J. S. Lim, (2017). Data Convergence of Circular Array Correlative Interferometer Direction finding with 7 Antennas. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(11), 1-6
- Filippo Neri, (2001). Introduction to electronic Defense Systems, 2nd ed., Artech House, Boston, 324-34430.
- G. D. Curtis Schleher. (1999). A Electronic Warfare in the Information Age, Artech House, Boston, 361-386.
- J. S. Lim, (2017). Design of Wideband RF Frequency Measurement System with EP2AGX FPGA. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(7), 1-6
- J. S. Lim & G. S. Chae. (2016). Analysis of Direction Finding Accuracy for Amplitude-Phase Comparison and Correlative Interferometer Method. Journal of the Society of Digital Policy & Management, 14(1), 195-201.
- J. H. Lee & J. M. Woo. (2014). The Direction Finding Ambiguity Analysis for 3 Element and 4 Element Phase Interferometer DF System. Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, 17(4), 544-550. https://doi.org/10.9766/KIMST.2014.17.4.544
- Libero Dinoi, Antonio Di Vito & Graziano Lubello. (2008). Direction Finding of ground based emitters from airborne platforms. 2008 IEEE Radar Conference, 1-6.
- Xun Yang & Cui Zhan-zhong. (2009). Two- Dimensional Circular Array Real-Time Phase Interferometer Algorithm and its Correction. 2nd International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, 1-4.
- S. Y. Oh, K. C. Cho, J. H. Kim.. J. B. Yun & K. J. Han (2013). A Self-Organizing Angle-based Routing Protocol for Urban Environments. Journal of the Society of Digital Policy & Management, 11(10), 379-385.
- Y. H. Kim, J. S. Lim, G. S. Chae & K. C. Kim. (2015). An investigation of the Azimuth Error for Correlative Interferometer Direction Finding. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(5), 249-255.
- J. S. Lim, Y. H. Kim & K. C. Kim. (2017). A Simulator for Analyzing of Correlative Interferometer Direction Finder. Journal of the SMB Convergence Society, 7(2), 53-58.
- J. S. Lim, G. S. Chae, Y. H. Kim & K. C. Kim. (2017). Azimuth Accuracy Test of Phase Comparison Direction Finding Method Using F-16 Fighter Scale-down Model. Journal of the SMB Convergence Society, 7(5), 83-88.
Supported by : Baekseok University