- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Convergence effect on oral Health Awareness of Oral Health Education and oral Health Knowledge of Early Childhood Education
유아교육학과 학생의 구강보건교육과 구강보건지식이 구강보건인식에 융합적으로 미치는 영향
- Received : 2018.10.01
- Accepted : 2019.01.20
- Published : 2019.01.28
This Convergence study aimed to analyze the oral health education, oral health awareness and oral health knowledge of early childhood education' students. Questionnaire survey on the of five universities early childhood education' 314 students in Daegu and Gyeongbuk provinces. Average score of oral health awareness was 3.62, which was high female students, 3rd grade, athlete, high case on oral health condition perception and childhood oral health education experience. Oral health knowledge correct answer of 15 items was average 9.63, which was higher female students, 3rd grade, nonsmokers, have received childhood oral health education, responded to the need for childhood oral health education. Regression analysis showed that Y (oral health awareness) = 2.350 + 0.242 (exercise) +0.387 (oral health education) +0.134 (childhood oral health education experience) +0.067 (oral health knowledge). In order to promote infants oral health of department of Early Childhood Education, it would be necessary to develop the systematic programs to perform the childhood oral health education.
Oral health education;Oral health knowledge;Oral health awareness;Early childhood education;convergence
- J. M. Jeon. (2004). A study on consciousness of oral health education focusing on health educators of elementary school in Seoul. Master's dissertation. Dongduck Womens University, Seoul.
- M. T. Urbano. (1991). Preschool Children with Special Health care needs. San Diego: Singular Pub Group.
- S. H. Kim, M. H. Lim, J. Y. Jung, Y. S. Hwang & S. M. Lee. (2010). Analysis of the Oral Health Knowledge and Practice of Teachers in Some Early Childhood Education Institutions. J Den Hyg Sci, 10(5), 379-385.
- B. H. Jin, B. J. Lee & D. I. Park. (2007). Prevalence of incipient lesions in surveyed preschool children, Kuro-gu, Seoul: A pilot study. J Korean Acad Oral Health, 28(4), 548-558.
- US General Accounting Offices. (2000). Oral health: dental disease is a chronic problem among low-income populations. Washington DC: Report to Congressional Requesters.
- B. H. Kang, S. N. Park, K. Y. Sohng & J. S. Moon. (2008). Effect of a Tooth-brushing Education Program on Oral Health of Preschool Children. J Korean Acad of Nur, 38(6), 914-922. DOI : 10. 4040/jkan. 2008.38.6.914 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.6.914
- Y. H. Choi, I. Suh, H. K. Kwon & S. H. Ji.(1999). Children's dental health status in relation to their mother's oral health knowledge and practices. J of Korean Academy of Oral Health 23(1), 45-62.
- J. K. Kang & S. M. Lee. (2009). Relationship between oral-health related quality of life of kindergarten teachers and attempts to improve oral health. J of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 34(3), 354-361.
- S. M. Bae, K. S. Song & D. Y. Ryu. (2009). A survey on childcare teachers' practice about preschool children oral health promotion. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 9(4), 864-872.
- K. A. Jang & M. K. Seong. (2009) Subjective Oral Health Behaviors and Recognition of Childcare Teacher With and Without Oral Health Education. J Den Hyg Sci, 9(3), 319-326.
- B. M. Hwang & S. A. Kim. (1995). Survery on the state of oral health care of kindergarten children. Korean Acad Pedi Dent, 22(1), 135-150.
- Y. S. Ah & M. J. Kim. (2001). A epidemiological study on the oral health in preschool children for the development of community based oral health program in Sungnam city. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 1(2), 201-211.
- K. A. Kwon. (2008). A study on factors affecting the oral health care behaviors of nursery school teachers for young children. Master's dissertation. Gangneung University, Gangneung.
- C. S. Park, J. Y. Park & S. O. Lee. (2013). The actual condition of oral health education in children education institute teacher. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 13(6), 1031-1039. DOI : 10. 13065/jksdh. 2013.13.06.1031 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.1031
- J. S. SHim & H. A. Moon. (2011). Infants according to type of teacher education oral health education behavioral research using PRECEDE model. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 11(5), 603-613.
- I. S. park. (2016). Oral Health Awareness and Management of Day Care Teachers in Accordance with Oral Health Education Experience, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 14(9), 407-415. DOI : 10. 14400/JDC.2016.14.9.407
- S. H. Jun, & M. H. Jung. (2006). Regional Daycare Center Teachers' Dental Health Perception and Dental Control status in Daegu Metropolitan City. Korea Society of School Health, 8(1), 17-28
- Y. S. Ahn, E. S. Kim, D. S. Lim, S. H. Jun & M. J. Kim. (2001). on Preschool Teachers' Oral Health Knowledge and Behaviors in Sung-nam City. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 1(1), 13-21.
- S. A. Lim. (2017). Convergence factors of subjective oral health awareness perception on oral health improvement behavior in some university students. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 8(11), 167-175. DOI : 10. 15207/KJCS. 2017.8.11.167 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.167
- B. S. Kim. (2018). The impact of perceived oral health status and self-efficacy on fear of intimacy among university of students. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 9(1), 59-65 DOI : 10. 15207/KJCS. 2018.9.1.059
- J. H. Kim, G. U. Kim. (2015). (The)Convergence effects of oral health education of kindergarteners, Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 6(6), 131-137. DOI : 10. 15207/KJCS. 2015.6.6.131
- K. A. Jang & I. C. Hwang. (2009). The Relationship between Oral Health Knowledge and Its Education Recognizance of Childcare Teacher. Korea Contens Association, 9(12), 735-741. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.12.735
- A. R. Jung. (2014). Oral health knowledge, attitude and behavior of college student majoring early childhood education. Master's dissertation. Dankook University, Cheonan.
- S. M. Bae, K. S. Song & D. Y. Ryu. (2009). A survey on childcare teachers' practice about preschool children oral health promotion. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 9(4), 864-873.
- H. S. Kim, B. Shin, E. J. Goh, S. O. Kim, H. Jo, S. E. Park & J. K. Kang. (2014). Non-smokers tended to have higher knowledge on oral health than the non-smokers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 14(1), 1-8. DOI : 10. 133065/jksdh. 2014. 14.01.1 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.01.1
- J. N. Lim & Y. R. Jung. (2013). Development proposal of oral health educational media based on the oral health care and educational needs of college students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 13(2), 323-334. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.2.323
- J. W. Lee, U. J. Jung, H. J. Na. (2011). A study on the preschool children dental health awareness and behavior of the educators at the nurseries and kindergartens in Chungnam region. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 11(6), 973-983.
- S. M. Lee, M. H. Lim, J. Y. Jung & S. H. Kim. (2010). Recognition and performance of preschool teachers on children's oral health in Seoul. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 12(3), 449-457.
Supported by : Gimcheon University