- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Convergence relationship study on clinical practice stress and professional identity in some dental hygiene students
일부 치위생과 학생들의 임상실습 스트레스와 직업정체감에 관한 융합 관계 연구
- Received : 2018.10.25
- Accepted : 2019.01.20
- Published : 2019.01.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the convergence relationship between the clinical practice stress and professional identity of 171 dental hygiene students from 3 university in Jeollanam-do area. The data were analyzed using SPSS WIN 18.0 program. Professional identity was negatively correlated with clinical practice training environment(r=-0.352, p<0.01), clinical practice work burden(r=-0.185, p<0.05) and conflicts with patients(r=-0.181, p<0.05). The convergence factors influencing professional identity were clinical practice training environment(
Clinical practice stress;Convergence;Dental hygiene students;Professional identity
- K. H. Park & H. J. Choi. (2015). Correlations of self-esteem, major satisfaction and career identity in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 15(2), 279-286. https://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.279. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.279
- H. G. Ryu, H. J. Wi & D. E. Jeong. (2017). The relationship between environmental factors causing stress in clinical practice institutions and the stress level of dental hygiene students. J Korean Clinical Health Sci, 5(3), 907-914. https://dx.doi.org/10.15205/kschs.2017.5.3907.
- S. S. Choi & Y. H. Lee. (2017). Stress and self-esteem related to clinical practices in selected dental hygiene departments. J Korean Clinical Health Sci, 5(3), 953-962. https://dx.doi.org/10.15205/kschs.2017.5.3.953.
- K. H. Jeon, S. R. Lim & M. Kim. (2016). The structural relationship among sense of coherence, clinical practice stress, and departmental satisfaction of dental hygiene students. J Dent Hyg Sci, 16(5), 323-330. https://dx.doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2016.16.5.323. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2016.16.5.323
- J. H. Yoo & J. H. Kim. (2016). A study on the satisfaction and stress factors of clinical practice for dental hygiene students. J Dent Hyg Sci, 16(1), 62-69. https://dx.doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2016.16.1.62. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2016.16.1.62
- The national institute of the korean language standard korean dictionary. [cited 2016 Aug 20]. https://stdweb2.korean.go.kr.
- H. K. Lee. (2013). Relationship between self-leadership in clinical practice and stress. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 13(5), 827-833. https://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.827. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.827
- B. J. Chang & K. H. Song. (2005). A study on the degree of satisfaction of the clinical practice for dental hygiene students. J Dent Hyg Sci, 11(1), 81-90.
- S. J. Go, S. S. Kang, C. S. Kim, S. Y. Chio & J. Y. Kim. (2011). Study on clinical practice satisfaction by students in department of radiologic science. J Korean Soc Radio Sci, 34, 287-296.
- J. L. Holland, D. C. Daiger & P. G. Power. (1980). My vocational situation Palo Alto. CA : Consulting Psychology Press.
- K. N. Kwon & E. H. Choi. (2010). Factors affecting career identity of nursing students. J Korean Acad Public Health Nurs, 24(1), 19-28.
- M. H. Nam & M. R. Lee. (2016). The effect of emotional labor of clinical practice, self-esteem and clinical practice satisfaction on professional identity in nursing students. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ, 22(4), 527-536. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.4.527. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.4.527
- H. H. Min. (2017). Influencing factors of stress in clinical practice in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 17(1), 39-47. https://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2017.01.39.
- N. S. Heo & Y. H. Lee. (2018). Study about the relation practice stress, satisfaction and self-concept of dental hygiene department students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 18(3), 399-410. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2018.18.3.399.
- J. H. Choi. (2018). Convergence factors of emotional labor of clinical practice and self-esteem on professional identity in some dental hygiene students. J Korean Convergence Soc, 9(5), 99-104. http://dx.doi.org/10.15207/jkcs.2018.9.5.99.
- D. L. Beck & R. Srivastava. (1991). Perceived level and sources of stress in baccalaureate nursing students. J Nurs Educ, 30, 127-133.
- S. L. Kim & J. E. Lee. (2005). Relationship among stress, coping strategies, and self-esteem in nursing students taking clinical experience. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ, 11, 96-106.
- Y. H. Kwon & C. N. Kim. (2002). Effect of a ready planned self growth program through MBTI on interpersonal relationships and the career identity of nursing college students. J Korean Acad Community Health Nurs, 13(2), 216-229.
- Y. J. Lim. (2017). The impact of nursing students' emotional labor and clinical practice stress on burnout. J Lear-Cent Curri Instru, 17(6), 461-474. http://dx.doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2017.17.6.461.
- H. J. Lee. (2016). Convergence study on nursing students' stress and satisfaction with clinical practice. J Korean Convergence Soc, 7(4), 75-83. http://dx.doi.org/10.15207/jkcs.2016.7.4.75.
- I. Y. Cho. (2014). The relationship of career identity, major satisfaction and college adaptation of nursing freshmen. J Korean Acad-Indus Soc, 15(5), 2937-2945. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/kais.2014.15.5.2937.
- K. A. Chung & J. H. Cho. (2015). Differences between major satisfaction, university life adjustment, self esteem and career identity according to the time of department selection of students in the department of occupational therapy at one university. J Korean Convergence Soc, 6(5), 143-155. http://dx.doi.org/10.15207/jkcs.2015.6.5.143. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.143
- S. J. Go, S. S. Kang, C. S. Kim, S. Y. Choi & J. Y. Kim. (2011). Study on clinical practice satisfaction by students in department of radiologic science. J Korean Soc Radio Sci, 34, 287-296.
- H. S. Shim & H. N. Lee. (2014). Stress and coping of dental hygiene students in clinical practice. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 14(2), 139-143. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.02.139