- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The effect of information seeking style and news literacy of card news users on recommendation intention: Focused on Technology Acceptance Model (TAM)
카드뉴스 이용자의 정보추구성향과 뉴스 리터러시가 추천의도에 미치는 영향: 기술수용모델(TAM) 모델을 중심으로
- Received : 2018.10.22
- Accepted : 2019.01.20
- Published : 2019.01.28
In this study, the Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) was applied to explore the process of using card news. Card news users are found to be active in searching and selecting appropriate news for themselves, information seeking style and news literacy were established as antecedent variables that can influence card news usage. A survey of 400 university students with experience of using card news was conducted. For statistical analysis, SEM was conducted. The analysis showed that information seeking style significantly affects perceived ease of use (PEU) and that news literacy influences neither PEU nor PU. PEU was found to have a significant effect on PU, and both PEU and PU had a significant effect on recommendation intention.
Card News;Information Seeking Style;News Literacy;Technical Acceptance Model (TAM);Recommendation Intention
- Y. S. Cho & J. M. Kim. (2017). A Study on Likability, Understanding Level, Reliability, Satisfaction, Continuous Usage Intention According to a Difference in a News Providing Type. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(7), 383-391.
- S. C. Hong & J. K. Pae. (2017). An analysis of card news and deconstructing news values in curated news contents in the digital Era. Journal of internet computing and services, 18(2), 105-111.
- N. K. Park. (2010). Adoption and use of computer-based Voice Over Internet Protocol Service. Journal of Communication, 60(1), 40-72. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.2009.01440.x
- F. D. Davis. (1989). Perceived usefulness, perceived ease of use, and user acceptance of information technology. MIS Quarterly, 13(3), 319-339. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- V. Venkatesh., F. D. Davis & M. G. Morris. (2007). Dead or alive?: The development, trajectory and future of technology adoption research. Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 8(4), 267-286. https://doi.org/10.17705/1jais.00120
- S. M. Miller. (1987). Monitoring and blunting: Validation of a questionnaire to assess styles of information seeking under threat. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 52(2), 345-353. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1245
- E. Katz., J. G. Blumler & M. Gurevitch. (1974). Utilization of Mass Communication by Individual, in E. Katz & J. G. Blumer.(Ed.). The uses of mass communication: Current perspectives on gratification research(pp. 19-32), Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
- J. D. Rayburn & P. Palmgreen. (1984). Merging uses and gratifications and expectancy-value theory. Communication Research, 11(4), 537-562. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365084011004005
- D. Buckingham. (2002). Media education: Literacy, learning and contemporary culture. Cambridge: Polity Press.
- R. Hobbs & R. Frost. (2003). Measuring the acquisition of media literacy skills. Reading Research Quarterly, 38(3), 330-355. https://doi.org/10.1598/RRQ.38.3.2
- W. R. King & J. He.(2005). Understanding the role and methods of meta-analysis in IS research. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 16(1), 665-686.
- J. Wu & A. Lederer. (2009). A meta-analysis of the role of environment-based voluntariness in information technology acceptance. MIS Quarterly, 33(2), 419-432. https://doi.org/10.2307/20650298
- S. Hong., M. L. Malik & M. K. Lee.(2003). Testing configural, metric, scalar, and latent mean invariance across genders in sociotropy and autonomy using a non-western Sample. Educational and Psychology Measurement, 63(4), 636-654. https://doi.org/10.1177/0013164403251332
- J. Hair., W. Black., B. Babin., R. Anderson & R. Tatham. (2006). Multivariate Data Analysis(6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
- R. P. Bagozzi & Y. Yi. (1988). On the evaluation of structural equation models. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 16(1), 74-94. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- C. Fornell & D. F. Larcker. (1981). Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research, 18(1), 39-50. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224378101800104