- Volume 10 Issue 1
The purpose of this study is to examine the trend of export growth rate and rate of change by each port/airport in Korea. And to analyze which each port/airport are showing a high growth rate. To this end, Incheon Airport, Busan, Incheon, Ulsan, Gwangyang and Pyeongtaek were selected in order of export value. The analysis period for each port/airport was 200 monthly data from September 2001 to April 2018. Pyeongtaek, Incheon and Gwangyang are relatively larger than Busan and Ulsan in the rate of increase and change. This is because export to China and Southeast Asia has increased more than in the US and Japan. As a result of the analysis, exports from Busan, Incheon Airport and Ulsan have recently been shifted to Incheon Airport, Incheon, Gwangyang and Pyeongtaek. In addition, the export portion of Incheon International Airport, which is an aviation logistics service, is growing more and more. In the west coast era, interest and investment in Incheon, Pyeongtaek and Gwangyang seem to be more needed in preparation for import and export to China, Southeast Asia and North Korea.
Export;Ports/Airports;Aviation Logistics;Maritime Logistics;Growth Rate;the Rate of Change
- Kim, J. H. (2018), Incheon customs import and export trend in 2017, Department of Customs Export Administration, Press Releases, 1-14.
- Lee, J. Y. & Lee, E. J. (2016), Study on the Modal Choice Pattern based on the Unit Weight Value of Export Freights, Korea logistics review, 26(1), 39-49.
- Noh, G. J. & Song, S. H. (2016), A Study on Competitiveness Priorities of Global Complex Logisitcs Hub City, The Korean international commerce review, 31(1), 97-109.
- Jung, T. W. (2015), Competitive Composition of Main Airports in North Asia : Focused on Air Cargo, Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, 31(3), 93-105.
- Lee, H. S. etc 4, (2006), Sea and air inter-modal transportation network between Korea and China, Korean journal of logistics, 14(1), 213-246.
- Lee, J. Y. (2009), A Study on the Policy Transition of National Logistics Hubs in Korea and its Alternative Direction, The geographical journal of Korea, 43(1), 79-89.
- Nam, Y. W. & Lee, H. S. (2004), Changes of Global Urban System Reflected in Air Freight Flows, The Journal Of Korea Planners Association, 39(1), 129-143.
- Jung, T. W. (2010), A Study on a development plan for multi-transportation in Incheon : Focused on Incheon and main cities in Northern China, Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, 26(1), 259-276.
- Seo, M. S. (2011), A Study of the Strategy for Building Inchon Port as Hub for the Centralization of Logistics Integration and Network Building in the Region of Northern-East Asia and the Seoul Capital City Area, Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, 27(4), 291-311.
- Choi, B. H. & Kim, S. C. (2010), An Empirical Study on Causality among Trading Volume of Busan, Kawangyang and Incheon port, Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, 26(1), 61-82.
- Mo, S. W. & Lee, G. B. (2013), Causality Analysis between Port Trading Volume and Industrial Activity, The journal of shipping and logistics, 29(2), 221-235.
- Murphy, P. R., Daley, J. M, and Dalenberg, D. R., (1992), Port Selection Criteria : An Application of a Transportation Research Framework, Logistics & Transportation Review, 28(3), 237-255.
- Slack, B., (1985), Containerization Inter-port Competition and Port Selection, Maritime Policy and Management, 12(4), 293-303. https://doi.org/10.1080/03088838500000043
- Lu, C. S., (2000), Logistics services in Taiwanese maritime firms, Transportation Research Part E, 36(2), 79-96. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1366-5545(99)00022-8
- Jerman, R. E., Anderson, R. D., Constantin, J. A., (1979), Shipper versus carrier perceptions of carrier selection variables, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Materials Management, 9(1), 29-38.
- Gibson, B. J., Sink, H. K., Mundy, R. A., (1993), Shipper-carrier relationships and carrier selection criteria, Logistics and Transportation Review, 29(4), 371-381.
- Park, S. M. (2013), Direction toward Economic Development of Southwest Area of Jeonnam Province through Construction of Airport and Port Supporting Complex, Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, 29(3), 39-71.
- Lee, J. O. (2018), Monthly import.export status in May 2018, Korea Customs Service Customs Planning Division, Press Releases, 1-18.
- Choi, J. I. (2017), Volatility & Correlation Analysis of the East Asian Stock Market - Focusing on Korea.Japan.China.Hong Kong.Taiwan, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 17(5), 165-173.
- Choi, S. H. & Choi, J. I. (2017), Analysis of Exchange Rate and Interest Rate Fluctuations Affecting Exports, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(10), 231-238.
- Korea Customs Service: http://www.customs.go.kr