- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The influence of university students' learning agility on the career preparation behavior -Mediating effect of academic challenge-
대학생의 학습민첩성이 진로준비행동에 미치는 영향 -학업도전의 매개효과-
- Received : 2018.11.30
- Accepted : 2019.01.20
- Published : 2019.01.28
The purpose of this study is to examine an influence of university students' learning agility on career preparation behavior, academic challenge, and the mediating effect of academic challenge. The questionnaire was distributed to 420 university students and well responded 398 were used for data analysis using SPSS 22.O and AMOS 22.0. The results of this study are as follows: First, learning agility has a positive effect on academic challenge. Second, academic challenge has a positive effect on career preparation behavior. Third, academic challenge has a mediating effect between learning agility and career preparation behavior. These results show that the more students enhance their learning agility and academic challenge, the more students develop their career preparation behavior.
learning agility;academic challenge;career preparation behavior;university students
- Y. J. Seo. (2018. 9. 12). Joong-Ang Ilbo https://news.joins.com/article/22965496
- The Ministry of Education. (2017. 12. 24). http://www.moe.go.kr/boardCnts/view.do?boardID=294&lev=0&statusYN=C&s=moe&m=02&opType=N&boardSeq=72853
- H. S. Lee. (2018). The Influence of University Students' Openness to Diversity upon Career Preparation Behavior and mediating effect of Unlearning. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 9(1), 205-212.
- B. W. Kim. (1997). Career Decision Level and Career Preparation Behaviour of The College Students. Doctoral dissertation. Seoul National University, Seoul.
- M. L. Savikas. (1997). Career Adaptability: An Integrative Construct for Life-span, Life-space Theory. Career Development Quarterly, 45(3), 247-259. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-0045.1997.tb00469.x
- S. J. Kim. (2005). The Influence of Career Barriers, Hope, and Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy on the Career Preparation Behavior of College Students. Doctoral dissertation. HONGIK University, Seoul.
- Y. H. Chang,., J. S. Lee., & E. S. Sin. (2016). The Rrlations between Career Barriers and Career Preparation Behavior Perceived by College Students: The Mediating Effect of Subjecttive Happiness. The Journal of Educational Research, 14(3), 163-184.
- M. H. Kim & J. K. Lee. (2017). A Structural Relationship among Self-Perceived Occupational Basic Competences, Creer Decision Level, Job Searching Efficacy, and Creer Preparation Beehavior of Junior College Students. The Journal of Career Education Research, 30(3), 111-127. https://doi.org/10.32341/JCER.2017.09.30.3.111
- M. S. Cho & K. S. Choi. (2007). A Model Testing un Ego-Identity, Social Support, Career Decision-Making Self Efficacy, Career Maturity, and Career Preparation Behavior in Late Adolescence. The Korea Journal of Counselling, 8(3), 1085-1099. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.8.3.200709.1085
- H. Y. Ryu & H. S. Oh. (2016). Learning Agility: Issues and Challenges. The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development Quarterly, 18(4), 119-145. https://doi.org/10.18211/kjhrdq.2016.18.4.005
- M. M. Lombardo & R. W. Eichinger. (2000). High potentials as high leaders. Human Resource Management, 39(4), 321-329. https://doi.org/10.1002/1099-050X(200024)39:4<321::AID-HRM4>3.0.CO;2-1
- C. H. Im., Y. E. Wee., & H. S. Lee. (2017). A Study on the Development of Learning Agility Scale. The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development Quarterly, 19(2), 81-108. https://doi.org/10.18211/kjhrdq.2017.19.2.004
- C. McCaulley. (2001). Leader Training and Development. In S. Zacuuaro & R. Klimoski (eds.), The Nature of Organizational leadership.: Understanding the Performance Imperatives Confronting today's leaders (347-383). San Fransisco, CA: Jossey-Bassey.
- M. London & T. Maurer. (2004). Leadership Development: A Diagnose Model for Continuous Learning in Dynamic Organizations.. In J. Antonakis, A. Cianciolo, & R. Sternberg (eds.), The Nature of Leadership (222-245). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publication..
- S. H. Bae & H. J. Kim. (2013). Influential Factors for the Academic Challenge of University Students: Mutual Impact of Learning Supportive Environment, Student-Faculty Interaction, and Active and Collaborative Learning. The Journal of Yeolin Education, 21(4), 201-225.
- S. H. Bae, M. S. Kang & J. I. Hong. (2015). Validation of the National Survey of Student Engagement(NSSE) Model in the Korean Contex. Asian Journal of Education, 16(4), 77-104. https://doi.org/10.15753/aje.2015.12.16.4.77
- S. H. Bae & J. I. Hong. (2015). Comparisons of Student Engagement Between Korean and US Engineering Students. Korean Journal of Comparative Education, 25(3), 179-207.
- S. H. Bae & J. I. Hong. (2013). Interaction and Supportive Campus Climate on Chinese Students' Active Classroom Engagement. Korean Journal of Comparative Education, 23(6), 109-134.
- G. D. Kuh. (2001). Assessing What Reality Matters to Student Learning: Inside the National Survey of Student Engagement. Change, 33(3), 10-17.
- Y. H. So. (2014). The Relationships between Educational Relationships, Academic Challenge, and Creative Behavior: Comparing Major Field in University. The Korean Association for Educational Methodology Studies, 24(4), 629-650.
- S. I. Baek & K. M. Kim. (2011). The Effect of Perceived Employment Barrier of University Senior on the Career Preparation Behavior. The Journal of Employment and Career, 1(2), 91-109.
- M. J. Kim. (2016). Effect of Career Barrier on College Students' Career Preparation Behavior: The Mediating Effect of Career Self-Regulation. The Journal of Career Education Research, 29(2), 89-107.
- E. S. Kim & H. S. Lee. (2018). The Influence of College Students' Perception of Opportunity Inequality on Creer Resilience and Creer Preparation Behavior. The Journal of Employment and Career, 8(1), 115-136.
- S. H. Cho & W. S. Kim. (2017). The Effect of Youth Participation Behavior on Career Preparation Behavior: Focusing on the Mediating Effect of Career Decision-making Self-efficacy. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(12), 605-613.
- B. Skorikov. (2007). Continuity in Adolescent Career Preparation and Its Effects on Adjustment. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 70(1), 8-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2006.04.007
- H. S. Lee & J. H. Im. (2011). Structural Equation Modeling with AMOS 18.0/19.0. Seoul : Jiphyunjae.
- J. C. Anderson & D. W. Gerbing. (1988). Structural Equation Modeling in Practice: A Review and Recommended Two Step Approach. Psychological Bulletin, 103(3), 453-460.
- R. B. Kline. (2005). Principles and Practice of Structural Equation Modeling. New York: Guilford Press.
- D. Gefen. (2003). Assessing Unidimensionality through LISREL: An Explanation and An Example. Communications of The Association for Information Systems, 12(2), 23-47.
- C. Fornell & D. F. Lacker. (1981). Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error: Algebra and Statistics. Journal of Marketing Research, 18(3), 382-388. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224378101800313
- S. L. Payne., K. L. Klein., J. Purell, & G. R. Carter. (2006). Evaluating Academic Challenge Beyond the NSSE. Innovative Higher Education, 30(2), 128-146.
Supported by : Far East University