- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Measures for Managing the Quality of Curriculum of Early Childhood Education Department in College with the Application of CIPP Model Based on PDCA
PDCA기반 CIPP 모형을 적용한 전문대학 유아교육과 교육과정 질 관리 방안 연구
- Received : 2018.11.08
- Accepted : 2019.01.20
- Published : 2019.01.28
The objective of this study is to draw implications and also to design an evaluation model suitable for vocational education in college based on the literary consideration of the quality management of curriculum and the case analysis on the quality management of curriculum of early childhood education department in college, and then to seek for the measures for the systematic quality management of curriculum of early childhood education department applying the evaluation model. To the core of this study, as the evaluation measures for systematically approaching the quality management of curriculum in the aspect of department, this study presented a curriculum quality management model for early childhood education department of college which was mixed with CIPP model as a program evaluation model that has been a lot used for the evaluation of domestic/foreign curriculums in the evaluation(C) stage of PDCA with the use of PDCA procedure as a school administrative process, and then suggested the roles and quality culture of members. The results of this study could be used as the basic data for the quality management of curriculum of early childhood education department in college, desired by diverse institutions and projects for the institutional support in the future.
managing the quality of curriculum;CIPP model;early childhood education department in college;PDCA cycle
- M. B. Hak, J. G. Kweon, O. J. Kim, S. H. Park & H. K. Lee. (2018). A Study on Quality Management of Vocational Education. Changwon : College NCS Base Center Operations Council.
- J. G. Kweon. (2017). Discussion report on the development of NCS-based curriculum. Changwon : College NCS Base Center Operations Council.
- J. G. Kweon. (2017). NCS-based curriculum quality management plan and BS operating system construction. Seoul : Korea College of Education Council.
- K. H. Hwang, K. J. Kim, J. D. On & Y. Y. Chun. (2013). Exploring the Meaning of Total Quality Management of Curriculum and Its Implications. Journal of educational studies, 44(4), 99-121.
- E. J. Huh, D. Y. Lee & K. S. Kim. (2015). Exploring Improvement Measures of Teacher Training Institutes for Junior Colleges: Focusing on Early Childhood Education. The korean society for the study of teacher education, 32(1), 31-58.
- S. Her, K. J. Kim, H. S. Kang, S. C. Park & K. H. KIm. (2009). Quality management of curriculum according to 2009 National Curriculum revision. Chung-cheong bukdo : Korea Institute of Curriculum and Evaluation.
- S. H. Kim & S. M. Kim. (2017). A analysis of the elementary school and the middle school mathematics education as a curriculum quality-management. Communications of mathematical education, 31(2), 167-185.
- H. J. Hong. (2003). Changes in national curriculum standards and quality management plan. The Journal of Curriculum Studies, 21(3), 47-57.
- G. H. Hwang, K. J. Kim, J. D. Ohn & Y. Y. Chun. (2013). Exploring the Meaning of Total Quality Management of Curriculum and Its Implications. Journal of educational studies, 44(4), 99-121.
- Y. R. Kim, S. C. Choi, T. J. Lee, W. Y. Yun, "A Research on Continuous Quality Improvement of NCSBased Curriculum -In the Case of Department of Tax Accounting & Information in K College University-", Journal of Korea Tax Accounting Research, Vol. 46, pp. 107-131, 2015.
- D. E. Shin & Y. S. Youn. (2017). A study on the review for higher education quality assurance and providers'implementation cases in England - Focused on the implications for college university in Korea. Theory and practice of education, 22(2), 79-99.
- S. W. Seo. (2018). Development of Career Experience Activities Evaluation Scale for 'Ja-Yu' Semester based on CIPP Evaluation Model. Doctoral dissertation. Konkuk University, Seoul.
- K. H. Koo. (2017). The Development of Evaluation Scale for Middle School Free Semester Activity Program. Doctoral dissertation. Busan University, Busan.
- Deming, W. E. (1992). the Deming Cycle. www.valuebasedmanagement.net.
- S. S. Jeong. (2011). Effects of informatization level of school on quality of school-based curriculum : the mediation roles of school governance. Doctoral dissertation. Kookmin University, Seoul.
- Sallis, E. (2002). Total management in education.(3rd ed). Virginia : Stylus Publishing.
- L. J. Hee. (2005). A study on the criteria for assuring quality in cyber universities. Doctoral dissertation. Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Glatthorn, A. (1994). Developing a quality curriculum. Virginia : Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Fitzpatrick, J. L, Sanders, J. R & Worthern, B. R. (2004). Program evaluation. Boston : Pearson.
- Aikin, M. C. (1969). Evaluation theory development. Evaluation Comment, 2, 2-7.
- Stufflebeam, D. L. (1971). The relevance of the CIPP evaluation model for educational accountability. Journal of Research and Development in Education, 5, 19-25.
- C. Y. Kang. (2013). Development of Evaluation Model and Indicators for School Curriculum. Daejeon : Ministry of Education.
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations. (2015). the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011. Australia.
- The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. (2017). The UK Quality Code for Higher Education, United Kingdom.
- The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education(2017). The UK Quality Code for Higher Education, United Kingdom.
- The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education(2008). Learning from Academic review of HE in FECs in England 2002-07, paragraph 57.
- J. H. Choi, D. S. Choi & Y. I. Yon. (2012). EU employment market changes and VET system advancement strategy. Sejong : Korea Institute of Vocational Training.
- CEDEFOP. (2015). Handbook for VET providers; supporting quality management and culture. Luxembourg : Publications Office of the European Union.
- CEDEFOP(2018). National qualifications framework developments in European countries. Cedefop research paper, 65.
Supported by : Choonhae College of Health Sciences