- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An Ecological Approach to Physical Education Students' Drop-out and Opt-out at Graduate School of Education about Teacher Appointment Examination of Secondary School
교육대학원 체육교육전공 학생들이 경험하는 임용시험 중도포기 및 탈락에 대한 생태학적 접근
Cho, Ki-Bum;Kim, Seung-Yong
- Received : 2018.11.12
- Accepted : 2019.01.20
- Published : 2019.01.28
The purpose of this study was to explore factors that physical education graduate students in graduate school of education drop out of teacher appointment examination of secondary school by using Ecological Model. The in-depth interview was conducted for 10 physical education graduate students studying in school of education. As an aspect of the intrapersonal component, the effort to apply how participants'current job positively affects their preparation for teacher appointment examination is required and they need to clearly decide academic priorities to prepare for teacher appointment examination. As an aspect of interpersonal component, participants are negatively affected by subjective norm, thereby providing personalized mentoring program is required. As an aspect of organizational component, limited tuition support and inappropriate place to study are emphasized, so practical helps like sports practice instructor or teacher appointment examination preparation class is required. Finally, this study suggests the introduction of integrated system for teacher appointment examination.
Teacher Appointment Examination;Physical Education;Graduate School of Education;Ecological Model;Opt-out;Dropout
- J. Ko. (2001). A review about the policy-making process of comprehensive development plan for teaching profession. The Journal of Educational Administration, 19(3), 99-123.
- J. S. Ham. (2017). Exploration of career concerns and conflict factor in dropping out of physical education graduate school students. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 17(7), 621-640.
- S. M. Shin. (2013). A study on the level of student satisfaction towards graduate school of education in Korea. (Unpublished master's thesis). Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea.
- J. S. Han. (2002). Functions and Roles of Graduate School of Education: What should be changed?. Yonsei Educational Science, 50, 1-11.
- K. B. Cho & S. Y. Kim. (2017). A Study on Students' Difficulties Before and Throughout Physical Education Program at Graduate School of Education. Journal of Digital Convergence. 15(11), 603-610. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.603
- Korean Educational Statistics Service (2018). 2017 Educational Statistics Annual Report. Retrieved from https://kess.kedi.re.kr/index
- National Evaluation Center for Teacher Education Institutions. (2018). Retrieved from https://necte.kedi.re.kr/necteview.do?view=content/webhome/home
- J. H. Choi. (2010). Curriculum Satisfaction of Music Education Majors in Korean Graduate Schools of Education, Korean Journal of Research in Music Education, 38, 149-171.
- S. J. Lee & H. W. Shin. (2008). The Operation of Home Economics Education Course in Graduate School of Education and the Graduate Students' Perception. Journal of Korean Home Economics Education Association, 20(4), 173-186.
- D. T. Kwon. (2014). The Study on the Developmental Plan for Re-Educational Function of the Graduate School of Education. Journal of the Elementary Education Society, 20, 1-16.
- B. S. Kang. (2013). Graduate Students' Perception of Curricula of Elementary Music Education of Graduate Schools of Education. (Unpublished master's thesis). Gyeongin National University of Education, Incheon, Korea.
- B. C. Kim. (2015). An Analysis on the Condition of Operation on Major of Educational Administration in Graduate School of Education. The Journal of Educational Administration, 33(1), 25-54.
- H. J. Kim. (2012). The Analysis of The Art Education Management in a Graduate School of Education. Art Education Research Review, 26(2), 125-144.
- C. Y. Lee. (2004). A Study for the curriculum of Korean Language Education in Graduate School of Education. Korean Language Education Research, 19, 127-163.
- H. N. Lee & C. S. Cheon. (2008). A Study on the alternatives of reform system on graduate school education. Global Business Administration Review, 5(2), 81-114. https://doi.org/10.17092/jibr.2008.5.2.81
- U. S. Choi. (2003). A Study on the Role of Graduate School of Education as an Institution of Higher Adult Education. Journal of Lifelong Education, 9(3), 173-200.
- M. Y. Kim. (2015). Study on the Experiences of Pre-service P. E Teacher s Reflection through Educational volunteering and Inquiry on the Educational meaning. The Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 15(2), 639-661.
- W. J. Kim. (2010). Study of self-reflective process on pre-service physical education teachers' microteaching. Korean Association of Sport Pedagogy, 17(1), 25-52.
- Hwang, Y. J., & You, J. A. (2013). Exploring Practical Experience of Pre-service Physical Education Teachers in Team Teaching. The Journal of Korean Teacher Education, 30(2), 49-75. https://doi.org/10.24211/tjkte.2013.30.2.49
- H. R. Park. (2015). A narrative inquiry about the experience by graduate students of physical education. Journal of Korean Association of Physical Education and Sport for Girls and Women, 29(2), 383-404. https://doi.org/10.16915/jkapesgw.2015.06.29.2.383
- Bronfenbrenner, U. (1979). The ecology of human development. Cambridge, England: Harvard University Press.
- M. J. Park & B. G. Choi. (2004). The ecological variables on adolescent relational aggression. Journal of Korean Home Management, 22(4), 95-104.
- Spradley, J. P. (2016). The ethnographic interview. Long Grove, IL, USA: Waveland Press.
- Stainback, S & Stainback, W. (1988). Understanding & conducting qualitative research. council for exceptional children. Reston, VA, USA: Publication Sales.
- Wigfield, A., & Eccles, J. S. (2000). Expectancy-value theory of achievement motivation. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 25(1), 68-81. https://doi.org/10.1006/ceps.1999.1015
- Ajzen, I. (1991). The theory of planned behavior. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 50(2), 179-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- Montano, D. E., & Kasprzyk, D. (2015). Theory of reasoned action, theory of planned behavior, and the integrated behavioral model. In Glanz, K., Rimer, K. B., & Viswanath, K. Health behavior: Theory, research and practice (pp, 95-124). San Francisco, CA, USA: Wiley.
- Jang, I. S. (2004). A study of American graduate curriculum in school of education: A case study. The Korea Educational Review, 10(1), 171-194.
- Higher Education in Korea (2018). Tuition fees. Retrieved from http://www.academyinfo.go.kr/UIPISA/uipnh/unt/ipsrch/UntUntCprsSrchRdviewer.do
- Girves, J. E., & Wemmerus, V. (1988). Developing models of graduate student degree progress. The Journal of Higher Education, 59(2), 163-189. https://doi.org/10.2307/1981691
- E. H. Lee. (2004). Life stress and depressive symptoms among college students: Testing for moderating effects of coping style with structural equations. The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 9(1), 25-52.
- Britton, B. K., & Glynn, S. M. (1989). Mental management and creativity. In John A. G., Royce, R. R., & Cecil, R. R. Handbook of creativity (pp, 429-440). Boston, MA, USA: Springer.