- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study on Speciall Teacher's and Fellow Worker's Ranking of Factors Judged Critical to Job Success for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
특수교사와 직장동료가 판단하는 지적장애인의 직업적 성공요인에 관한 융합연구
- Received : 2018.11.12
- Accepted : 2019.01.20
- Published : 2019.01.28
The purpose of this study was to compare special education teacher with fellow workers in which skills and skill categories were judged critical to job success for individuals with intellectual disabilities. The results obtained from the study were as follows: First, both groups ranked work-related skill category most relevant for job success. Special education teachers deemed 'following instruction' and 'interest in the job' as critical to job success. And fellow workers ranked 'following instruction' and 'neatness' most important factors. The results of this study give us suggestions as to develop the vocational curriculum for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
individuals with intellectual disability;job success factors;special school teacher;fellow worker;convergence study
- H. Y. Yuem & H. S. Lee (2011). Clinical Application of the Model of Human Occupation on Job Retention for the Visually Impaired: A Case Study. The Journal of Korean Society of Occupational Therapy, 19(1), 125-137.
- K. M. Ko (2018). Analysis of the Influencing Factors to the Current Status of the Employment of Deaf Employees. Doctoral dissertation. Hanshin University, Seoul.
- M. H. Jeong (2011). Prediction factors of job maintenance for persons with brain lesions. Doctoral dissertation. Kongju University, Kongju.
- J. I. Kim (2011). A study on predictors of the job maintenance among workers with cerebral palsy. Doctoral dissertation. Daegu University, Daegu.
- H. H. Kim & Y. S. Lee (2012). Exploring factors affecting job maintenance for people with disability: A systematic review. Disability & Employment, 22(3), 155-182. https://doi.org/10.15707/disem.2012.22.3.007
- M. J. Jeong (2012). A study on the factors impacting employment duration of people with disabilities. Master's thesis. Duksung women's University. Seoul.
- C. S. Lee (2004). A study on the factors influencing the occupational stability of people with mental retardation: Based on those who received employment services. Doctoral dissertation. Kyonggi University, Suwon.
- K. W. Lim (2006). Factors affecting the job retention of individuals with autistic disorders. Doctoral dissertation. Kongju University, Kongju.
- J. H. Nam & S. W. Cho (2012). A study on impact factors for severe disabilities' maintenance. Journal of Rehabilitation Research, 16(4), 137-156.
- T. H. Lee & J. T. Kim (2012). The effect of social support on the turnover intention of employees with visual impairment. Disability & Employment, 22(2), 5-24.
- B. K. Kim (2011). Job-Leaving Factors of the Heavily Hearing-Impaired in the Manufacturing Industry. Master's thesis. Kaya University, Gimhae.
- S. K. Kang (2006). Turnover Factors of People with Physical Disabilities. Master's thesis. Kongju University, Kongju.
- Chamberlain, M. A. (1988). Employer’s ranking of factors judged critical to job success for individuals with severe disabilities. Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 11(2), 141-147. https://doi.org/10.1177/088572888801100208
- S. S. Kim (1997). Employer’s ranking of factors judged critical to job success for individuals with severe disabilities. Special Education Review, 3, 133-151.
- H. C. Moon (2013). Exploration job success factor by colleagues with mental retardation. Master's thesis. Kongju University, Kongju.
- S. S. Kim (2005). Exploration job success by employers people with severe handicaps: Comparing study Korea with Japan. Journal of Special Education, 12(2), 49-66.
- K. L. Choi (2001). A study on the factors affecting the success of employment people with mental retardation. Master's thesis. Honam University, Gwangju.
- J. Y. Seo (2007). Exploration job success factor by employers of people, teacher and parents of students with mental retardation. Master's thesis. Kongju University, Kongju.
- I. S. Ku (2007). Employment success factors of mentally-retardedworkers. Master's thesis. Yonsei University, Seoul.
- H. C. Moon (2013). Exploration job success fctors by colleagues with mental retardation. Master's thesis. Kongju University, Kongju.
- Y. J. Kim & K. S. Kang (2018). The Innovation Challenges of 'University Department of Special Education' with Convergence on Lifelong Education of the Disabled. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(10), 167-182.
- Y. J. Lee (2018). A Convergence Study on Factors Influencing Work-Life Balance in Foreign Workers. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(10), 477-485.
- S. S. Kim (2005). Comparing study Korea with Japan=Exploration job success by employers of people with severe handicaps. Special Education Research, 12(2), 49-66.
Supported by : Joongbu University