- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The relationship among Career Decision Efficacy, Learning Flow, Academic Achievement, and Department adjustment in Some Dental Hygiene Students
일부 치위생과 학생의 진로결정효능감, 학습몰입, 학업성취도와 학과적응도와의 관계
Choi, Gyu-Yil;Lee, Da-Hyun
- Received : 2018.11.24
- Accepted : 2019.01.20
- Published : 2019.01.28
The purpose of study was to investigate the effects of career decision efficacy, learning Flow, and academic achievement on department adaptation of dental hygiene students. The subjects of the study are self-administered surveys of 200 students who indicated their intention to participate. 181 questionnaires were analyzed using SPSS 18.0. The results of this study show that career decision efficacy, learning flow, academic achievement affect to major satisfaction, major confidences, major attachment. The results of this study show that career decision efficacy, academic achievement affect to major vision. Some dental hygienists students need support systems such as learning methods and educational environment that can improve academic achievement and learning commitment in order to help students adapt to their department. In addition, education and career support for career decision efficacy should be continuously maintained.
Academic Achievement;Career decision efficacy;Department adjustment;Department of dental hygiene;Learning Flow;Convergence
- D. U. Han, G. G. Jeon & C. H. Lee. (1991). Changes and Adjustment in Campus Life of Korean College Students. Journal of student guidance (Sungkyunkwan University), 9(1), 5-169.
- D. U. Han, J. G. Tak, C. H. Lee, G. H. Lee & G. G. Jeon. (1993). Influence Factors and Processes of Maladjustment in College Student, Journal of student guidance (Sungkyunkwan University), 10, 1-35.
- S. M. Park. (2001). Structural and Adaptive Analysis of the Departmental Adjustment in College Students. Graduate School, Pusan National University.
- Hackett C. & Betz N. E. (1981). A self-efficacy approach to the career development of woman. Journal of Vacational Behavior, 18, 326-339. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(81)90019-1
- Graner R. (1987). Meta cognition and reading comprehension. Norwood. New-Jersey: A blex publishing corporation.
- M. H. Cheong, S. M. Park & G. S. Shin.(2004). The Path Analysis of Variables Effecting Major Adjustment in College Students. The Korean Journal of Counseling, 5(1) 95-111.
- S. I. Na, C. Y. Jeong, D. Y. Park, H. S. Lee, H. J. Han & K. H. Kim. (2002). The Development of a Modular Program to Enhance Learning Competencies of Junior College Students. Korean Society For the Study of Vocational Education. 21(2). 141-163.
- J. H. Lee. (2010). Analysis of the structural relationships among self-determination motivation to learn, metacognition, self-directed learning ability, learning flow, and school achievement, Korean Journal of Educational Research, 48(2), 67-92.
- G. H. Lee & J. Y. Kim (2014). A Study on the Relationships between Academic Self-efficacy, Learning Motivation, Course Satisfaction, and Academic Achievement of College Students, Interdisciplinary Journal of Adult & Continuing Education, 17(4), 33-57.
- E. J. Lee. (2001). Effects of career-planning group counseling for multipotential college students. Doctoral dissertation. Yonsei University, Seoul.
- J. H. Shin & H. S. Choi. (2005). Comparisons of Metacognition Tests in Psychometric Characteristics: Self-report versus Task-performance Tests. Korean Educational Psychology Research, 19(3), 615-631.
- Y. B. Seok. (2007). The Structure of Learning Flow: Scale, Character, Condition, Involvement. Doctoral dissertation. Kyungpook University, Daegu.
- S. M. Park. (2001). Structural and adaptive analysis of the departmental adjustment in college students. Doctoral dissertation. Pusan University, Pusan.
- S. J. Lee, Y. H. Lee & R. H. (2013). Influencing Factors on the Major Satisfaction of Students of Department of Dental Hygiene- Focused on Busan. Journal of Korean Society of Oral Health Science, 1(1), 21-31.
- Feldman, Kenneth A., John C. Smart & Corinna A. Ethington. (1999). Major field and person-environment fit: Using Holland's theory to study change and stability of college students. The Journal of Higher Education, 70(6), 642-669.
- H. K. Yun, M. S. Choi. & W. S. Cho (2015), Effect of Self-Efficacy, Self-Elasticity, Major Satisfaction of Some Students Majoring in Dental Hygiene on Campus Life Adaptation. The Journal of Korean Society for School & Community Health Education, 16(1), 1-14.
- S. H. Shin. (2015), Effect of part-time employment experience on adaptation to university life in dental hygiene students. Journal of Korean society of Dental Hygiene, 15(6), 1033-1041. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.06.1033
- D. W. Han, G. G. Jeon, J. K. Tak, C. H. Lee & G. H. Lee (1992). A Study On Life Maladjustment Of College Students ; Based On Anxiety , Depress And Somatization. Korean Psychological Assocation, 1992(1), 447-462.
- S. J. Park & J. Y. Lee. (2011). A Study on Satisfaction of Major and Department Among College Students Majoring Police Science. Journal of Science Education, 18(1), 123-146.
- S. J. Lee. (2011). The effect of flow on learning and self-efficacy on college adaptation and academic achievement in undergraduate students. The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, 25(2), 235-253.
- J. W. Lee, H. J. Moon & M. S. Choi. (2009). The Research for the measurement of satisfaction and adaptation of the student of dental hygiene department. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 10(11), 3451-3457. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.11.3451
- J. H. Flavell. (1993). Cognitive development (3rd Ed.). p.254-320, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Y. Y. Hwang, C. S. Park & M. S. (2007). Chu, Correlations among Meta Cognition, Critical Thinking and Self-efficacy of Nursing Students Studying through Problem Based Learning(PBL). Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, 18(1), 146-155.
- M. Y. Cho. (2015). Metacognition, Learning Style, Locus of Control and Self-esteem of Nursing Students. Journal of the Korean Date Analysis Society, 17(6), 3391-3405.
- H. S. Park & K. S. Jeong. (2013), Influence of self-directed learning ability and creativity on college adjustment in nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 19(4), 549-557. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.4.549