- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study on Working Conditions and Health related Factors Influencing Well-being in Door to Door Deliverers
국내 택배원의 안녕에 영향을 미치는 근로환경과 건강관련 요인에 관한 융합 연구
- Received : 2018.10.29
- Accepted : 2019.01.20
- Published : 2019.01.28
The purpose of this study was conducted to investigate the relationship among working conditions, health status and well-being of door to door deliverers as well as to identify the factors influencing well-being. Study participants of 248 door to door deliverers were collected from the 2014 Korean Working Conditions Survey. Data were analyzed using the SPSS 24.0 statistical program. As a results, the factors influencing well-being of door to door deliverers were musculoskeletal work-related risk, working condition satisfaction, work life balance, and subjective health status and these variables explained 23.9% of well-being. Based on these findings, programs that develop working condition and health status are necessary for door to door deliverers to well-being.
Convergence;Door to Door Deliverers;Well-being;Working Conditions;Health Status
- H. S. Lee & M. J. Kwak (2014). Use Characteristics of Door - to - Door Delivery Service and Consumer Service Satisfaction. Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, 45(3), 157-82. DOI : 10.15723/jcps.45.3.201412.157 https://doi.org/10.15723/jcps.45.3.201412.157
- J. H. Yang. (2014). A Sturdy on the Utilization of Parcel Service Quality Factors based using IPA. Korean Journal of Logistics, 22(1), 65-88.
- H. N. Lee, W. H. Na, & H. S. Kim. (2011). The Classification of the Service Quality Elements in the parcel service Using the Kano Model. Journal of Korea Service Management Society, 12(5), 315-33. https://doi.org/10.15706/jksms.2011.12.5.012
- G. H. Lee & S. W. Kim. (2017). Exposure Assessment of Diesel Engine Exhaust among Door-to-door Deliverers in Daegu. Journal of Korean Society of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 27(4), 361-370 DOI : 10.15269/JKSOEH.2017.27.4.361
- Statistics Korea. (2007). Statistics Korea. The sixth Korean standard classification of occupations. https://kssc.kostat.go.kr:8443/ksscNew_web/link.do?gubun=002
- Y. Lee & H. Kim. (2016). Influences of working conditions and health status on absence due to sickness in health and medical related workers. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursin,. 25(3), 216-26. DOI : 10.5807/kjohn.2016.25.3.216 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2016.25.3.216
- E. Y. Hong & S. D. Kim. (2012). Health status and affecting factors related to job among Korean women employees. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 13(9), 4107-18. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.9.4107 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.9.4107
- M. J. Park & H. S. Kim. (2016). Impact of Working environment on Psychological Well-being in Male Baby boomers. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 30(1), 17-29. DOI : 10.5932/JKPHN.2016.30.1.17 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2016.30.1.17
- J. H. Kim & S. J. Chang. (2012). The relation between job stress and health problem according to working condition. Health and Social Science, 31, 5-24.
- World Health Organization. (1995). Constitution of the World Health Organization.
- Encyclopedia D. (2018). Well-being. http://www.doopedia.co.kr.
- E. Diener. (1984). Subjective well-being. Psychological bulletin, 95(3), 542. DOI : 10.1037//0033-2909.95.3.542 https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.95.3.542
- R. Veehoven. (1991). Questions on happiness: Classical topics, modern answers blind spot. Subjective wellbeing. An interdisciplinary perspective, 2, 7-26.
- J. Koo & E. M. Suh. (2011). Happiness in Korea: Who is Happy and When?. Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, 25(2), 143-166.
- H. S. Lee. (2017). The association between employment status of each occupational type and well-being in korean employed worker: analysis of the Korean Working Conditions Survey. Master's thesis. Catholic University, Seoul.
- J. H. Jeong, S. H. Kim, & J. Y. Oh. (2011). A Study on Application of the Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance for Independent Contracts: Focusing on a Dispatch Rider, Delivery Service Worker, Care-giver. Korean Journal of Industrial Relation, 21(3), 153-77.
- G. H. Lee & S. W. Kim. (2017). Exposure Assessment of Particulate Matter among Door-to-door Deliverers Using GPS Devices. Journal of Korean Society of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 27(1), 13-22. DOI : 10.15269/JKSOEH.2017.27.1.13
- S. J. Lee & M. S. Cho. (2004). Low Back Pain and Related Factors in Drivers of Delivery Home Service. Journal Of Korean Society For Hygienic Sciences, 10(1), 65-72.
- Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute. (2014). The using guideline of Korean Working Conditions Survey Data. Ulsan: Author.
- B. J. Lee., et al. (2014). The relationship between working condition factors and well-being. Annals of occupational and environmental medicine, 26(1), 34. DOI : 10.1186/s40557-014-0034-z https://doi.org/10.1186/s40557-014-0034-z
- Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute. (2014). The results of 4th Korean Working Conditions Survey. Ulsan: Author.
- M. S. Jung, H. L Kim & Y. Lee. (2017). Factors influencing work-life balance in Korean registered nurses. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 26(2), 114-123. DOI : 10.5807/kjohn.2017.26.2.114
- V. Putz-Anderson. (2017). Cumulative trauma disorders: CRC Press. DOI : 10.1201/9781315140704
- M. C. Kim. (2004). Relationship between Musculoskeletal Subjective Symptoms and Psychosocial Well-being Status of Dental Laboratory Technicians. Master's thesis. Kosin University, Busan.
- H. Picavet. & N. Hoeymans. (2004). Health related quality of life in multiple musculoskeletal diseases: SF-36 and EQ-5D in the DMC3 study. Annals of the rheumatic diseases, 63(6), 723-9. DOI : 10.1136/ard.2003.010769 https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.2003.010769
- GE. Kreiner, EC. Hollensbe, & ML. Sheep. (2009). Balancing borders and bridges: Negotiating the work-home interface via boundary work tactics. Academy of Management Journal, 52(4), 704-30. DOI : 10.5465/amj.2009.43669916 https://doi.org/10.5465/amj.2009.43669916
- D. E. Guest. (2002). Perspectives on the study of work-life balance. Social Science Information, 41(2), 255-79 DOI : 10.1177/0539018402041002005 https://doi.org/10.1177/0539018402041002005