- Volume 10 Issue 1
This study was conducted to identify the factors associated with the ruptured intracranial aneurysm (RIA) among demographic, admission to hospital, clinical, aneurysym itself and lifestyle characteristics. Medical records of RIA patients and un-RIA patients which had been admitted to undergo treatment including surgery (From January to December 2016) were included into data analysis. Multiple logistic regression showed that two and more than warning signs (14.14 (CI: 1.25-159.40)) indicated the greatest odds ratio with RIA, was followed by headache more than 3 scores (13.95 (CI: 3.68-52.83)), the admission via emergency room (13.62 (CI: 4.85-38.26)), single marital status (9.72 (CI: 2.22-42.49)), 1 mmHg increased systolic blood pressure (1.04 (CI: 1.01-1.08)), 1 score increased GCS (0.58 (CI: 0.37-0.90)), arrythmia finding in electrocardiogram (3.70 (CI: 1.22-11.22)) and increased age (0.95 (CI: 0.91-0.99)). The risk groups having factors associated with RIA were identified. Preventive activities including routine assessment should be done before developing the rupture and urgent care should be needed after developing the rupture for risk groups.
Patients with Intracranial aneurysm;Intracranial aneurysm;Rupture;Risk factors;Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- B. R. Seo, T. S. Kim, S. P. Joo, S. J. Jang, J. S. Lim, & C. W. Oh. (2010). Incidence rate of aneurysmal SAH in Gwangju city and Jeollanamdo province in 2007. Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society, 47(2), 124-127. DOI :10.3340/jkns.2010.47.2.124 https://doi.org/10.3340/jkns.2010.47.2.124
- K. H. Kim. (2007). Guideline for management of unruptured intracranial aneurysm. Neurointervention. 2(1), 43-49.
- M. Sonobe, T. Yamazaki, M. Yonekura, & H. Kikuchi. (2010). Small unruptured intracranial aneurysm verification study: SUAVe study, Japan. Stroke, 41(9), 1969-1977. DOI :10.1161/strokeaha.110.585059 https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.110.585059
- H. J. Lee et al. (2011). Outcomes research of preventive procedures in unruptured intracranial aneurysm. Seoul : National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency (NECA)
- J. S. Lee, I. S. Park, K. B. Park, D. H. Kang, C. H. Lee, & S. H. Hwang. (2008). Familial Intracranial Aneurysms. Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society, 44(3), 136-140. DOI :10.3340/jkns.2008.44.3.136 https://doi.org/10.3340/jkns.2008.44.3.136
- M. H. Han, B. J. Kwon, C. Jung, S. H. Shin, J. H. Cho. (2006). Endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms: detachable coils and general principles. Neurointervention, 1(1), 1-6.
- J. S. Ahn & B. D. Kwun. (2001). Management of unruptured intracranial aneurysms-natural course and surgical outcomes. Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society, 30(6), 813-818.
- M. J. Wermer, I. C. van der Schaaf, A. Algra, & G. J. Rinkel. (2007). Risk of rupture of unruptured intracranial aneurysms in relation to patient and aneurysm characteristics: an updated meta-analysis. Stroke, 38(4), 1404-1410. DOI :10.1161/01.STR.0000260955.51401.cd https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.0000260955.51401.cd
- M. Shojima, A. Morita, H. Nakatomi, & S. Tominari. (2018). Size is the most important predictor of aneurysm rupture among multiple cerebral aneurysms: post hoc subgroup analysis of unruptured cerebral aneurysm study Japan. Neurosurgery, 82(6), 864-869. DOI :10.1093/neuros/nyx307 https://doi.org/10.1093/neuros/nyx307
- H. Maslehaty et al. (2018). Predictive anatomical factors for rupture in middle cerebral artery mirror bifurcation aneurysms. Journal of Neurosurgery, 128(6), 1799-1807. DOI :10.3171/2017.2.Jns162705 https://doi.org/10.3171/2017.2.JNS162705
- J. Mocco et al. (2018). Aneurysm morphology and prediction of rupture: an international Study of unruptured intracranial aneurysms analysis. Neurosurgery, 82(4), 491-496. DOI :10.1093/neuros/nyx226 https://doi.org/10.1093/neuros/nyx226
- Y. S. Park, C. W. Ryu, H. J. Kim, C. M. Nam, & S. H. Jee. (2010). Intracranial cerebral aneurysm ruptured risk analysis according to factors of demography, medicine, environment. Journal of Health Informatics and Statistics, 35(2), 113-27.
- A. Can et al. (2017). Association of intracranial aneurysm rupture with smoking duration, intensity, and cessation. Neurology, 89(13), 1408-1415. DOI :10.1212/wnl.0000000000004419 https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000004419
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang, & A. Buchner. (2007). G*Power 3: a flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior research methods, 39(2), 175-191. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- The Korean Neurosurgical Society. (2012). Neurosurgery. Seoul : The Korean Neurosurgical Society.
- The council for the Critical Care Nursing Curriculum. (2010). Neuroscience critical care nursing. Seoul : Koonja Publishing Company.
- J. B. Saunders, O. G. Aasland, T. F. Babor, J. R. de la Fuente, & M. Grant. (1993). Development of the alcohol use disorders identification test (AUDIT): WHO collaborative project on early detection of persons with harmful alcohol consumption-II. Addiction, 88(6), 791-804. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.1993.tb02093.x
- Y. S. Lee, Y. S. Park, YS, J-T. Kwon, & J. S. Suk (2009). Causes of neurologic deterioration before management in the patients with a ruptured aneurysm. Korean Journal of Cerebrovascular Surgery, 11(1), 19-24.
- H. S. Oh, K. S. Jang, & M. H. Jeong. (2008). Decision tree model of treatment-seeking delay among patients with acute coronary syndrome. Korean Journal of Health Promotion 8(4), 235-244.
- E. Kawahara, S. Ikeda, Y. Miyahara, & S. Kohno. (2003). Role of autonomic nervous dysfunction in electrocardio-graphic abnormalities and cardiac injury in patients with acute subarachnoid hemorrhage. Circulation journal : official journal of the Japanese Circulation Society, 67(9), 753-756. DOI :10.1007/s00330-017-5300-3 https://doi.org/10.1253/circj.67.753
- J. H. Jung, P. K. Min, S. J. Rim, J. W. Ha, N. Chung, & K. C. Lee. (2010). Are electrocardiographic changes in patients with acute subarachnoid hemorrhage associated with Takotsubo cardiomyopathy? Cardiology, 115(2), 98-106. DOI :10.1159/000256385 https://doi.org/10.1159/000256385
- J. Liu et al. (2018). Prediction of rupture risk in anterior communicating artery aneurysms with a feed-forward artificial neural network. European Radiology, 28(8), 3268-3275. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-017-5300-3
- Y. Tada et al. (2014). Roles of hypertension in the rupture of intracranial aneurysms. Stroke, 45(2), 579-586. DOI 10.1161/strokeaha.113.003072 https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.113.003072
- K. Takagi et al. (1999). How should a subarachnoid hemorrhage grading scale be determined? A combinatorial approach based solely on the Glasgow Coma Scale. Journal of Neurosurgery, 90(4), 680-687. DOI :10.3171/jns.1999.90.4.0680 https://doi.org/10.3171/jns.1999.90.4.0680
- H. Iwamoto et al. (1999). Prevalence of intracranial saccular aneurysms in a Japanese community based on a consecutive autopsy series during a 30-year observation period. The Hisayama study. Stroke, 30(7), 1390-1395. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.30.7.1390
- D. Woo et al. (2009). Age at intracranial aneurysm rupture among generations: Familial Intracranial Aneurysm Study. Neurology, 72(8), 695-698. DOI :10.1212/01.wnl.0000342999.99907.fd https://doi.org/10.1212/01.wnl.0000342999.99907.fd