- Volume 10 Issue 1
This study is a descriptive survey study conducted to prepare basic data to help improve the overall relation between Holistic nursing attitudes and Cultural competence of nursing students by identifying general characters. According to the study, Holistic nursing attitudes were related to general characters such as satisction with major and grade result. Holistic Nursing attitudes were high when participants agreed to pursue or adopt non-scientific forms of mediation if clients requested such, or responded positively to learning complementary alternative treatment during undergraduate education. Holistic nursing attitudes and Cultural competence was a positive correlation. In control of general characters, Cultural competences influenced have affected the increase in Holistic nursing attutudes. It is consicered necessary to provide education based on awareness of the attitudes to about Holistic nursing.
Nursing Student;Holistic nursing;Attitude;Cultural competence;Convergence;CAT(Complementary alternative treatment)
- S. W. Lee, J. H. Kim, E. H. Lee & M. S. Jung. (2009). Understanding Nursing Theory. Seoul : SooMoonSa.
- M. L. Yoon. (2016). Nursing Missionary Elizabeth J. Shepping's Education and Holistic Care for Koreans. Journal of Korean community nursing, 27(1), 60-71. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2016.27.1.60
- M. Kim, K. S. Kim, M. S. Jo & Y. J. Hong. (2008). Understanding of health science. Seoul : Ewha Women's University Press.
- Chohen, B. S & Boni, R., (2018). Holistic Nursing Simulation: A concept Analysis. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 36(1), 68-78. https://doi.org/10.1177/0898010116678325
- Pei-Ling Cheng, Yu-Tsai Lin & Chih-Wen Chen. (2017). Nursing Experience Involving Providing Holistic Nursing Care to a Young patient with Terminal Stage of Hepatoma. VGH Nursing, 34(2), 207-214.
- Y. B. Go. (2000). A Sociological dictionary. Institute of Social Culture. Name of Web Site. https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1521475&cid=42121&categoryId=42121
- Kinchen, E. V & Loerzel, V. (2018). Nursing students' attitudes and use of holistic therapies for stress rellief. Journal of Holistic Nursing, First March 8.
- M. J. Jung & Y. Eun. (2011). Development and Effectiveness of a Spiritual Care Education Program for Nursing Students-Based on the ASSET model. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 41(5), 673-683. DOI : https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.5.673 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.5.673
- E. J. Choi. (2015). Effects of the Spiritual Care Education on Spiritual Well-Being and Spiritual Care Competence in Nursing Students. Journal of Holistic Nursing Science, 7, 143-150.
- E. C. Shim, W. B. Jeon & D. K. Yang. (2008). Psychology and life. Seoul : SeoHyunSa.
- J. R. Betancourt, A. R. Green, J. E. Carillo & O. Ananeh-Firempong. (2003). Defining cultural competence: a practical framework for addressing racial/ethnic disparities in health and healthcare. Public Health Report, 118: 293-302. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0033-3549(04)50253-4
- J. Glittenberg. (2004). A transdisciplinary, transcultural model for health care. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 15, 6-10. https://doi.org/10.1177/1043659603260037
- E. Calvillo, L. Clark, J.E. Ballantyne, D. Pacquiao, L. D. Purnell & A. M. Villarruel (2009). Cultural competency in baccalaureate nursing education. Journal of Tramscultrural Nursing, 20(2). 137-145. https://doi.org/10.1177/1043659608330354
- H. M. Son, M. J. Jea & B. J. Lee. (2014). Integrative Review on Cultural Competence of Nurse. Korean Journal of cultural and arts education studies, 9(4), 25-47.
- Abdellah, F. G., Beland I. L., Martin A. & Matheney R. V. (1970). Patiant-Centred Approaches to Nursing. New York; The Macmillan Co. Ed.2
- S. C. Jeon. (1974). A study on the clinical analysis and performance in comprehensive nursing care. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 4(1), 1-21
- National Language Institute. Standard Korean Dictionary. Name of Web Site. https://ko.dict.naver.com/#/search?query=%ED%83%9C%EB%8F%84&range=all
- T. Cross, B. Bazron, K. W. Dennis & M. R. Issacs. (1989). Towards a culturally competent system of care: A monofraph oh effective services for minority children who are severely emotional disturbe Vol. 1, Washington, DC: Georgetown University Center.
- M. J. Lee. (2016). Development and effect on the Cultural Competence Program for Undergraduate Nursing Students. Department of Nursing Graduate School, Kangwon National University. Doctoral dissertation.
- C. R. Rho & J. H. Kim, (2001). Development of Korean Cultural Competency Scale for Human Sevice Workers. Korean Journal of Social welfare, 63(2), 207-231.
- J. Giger, R. E. Davidhizar, L. Purnell, J. T. Harden, J. Phillips & O. Strickland. (2007). American Academy of Nursing Expert panel Report: Developing Cultural Competence to Eliminate Health Pisparities in Ethnic Minorities and Other Vulnerable Populations. Journal Transcultural Nursing, 18(2), 95-102. https://doi.org/10.1177/1043659606298618
- Y. S. Lee. (2018). Poster Title: Nursing Students' Perceptions of Holictic Nursing. 2018. Honkong : GHIA(The Global Healthcare Innovation Academy)
- S. M. Schim, A. Z. Doorenbos, J. Miller & R. Benkert. (2003). Development of a Cultural Competence Assessment Instrument. Journal of Nursing Measurement, 11(1), DOI : 10.1891/jnum.126.96.36.199062
- Y. R. Cha & S. J. Yang. (2014). Factor Related to cultural Competence among Baccalaureate Nursing Students in Korea. Health & Nursing, 26(2), 13-14.
- P. N. Park(2017). Relationship among Volunteer Activities, Emotional Intelligence and Major Satisfaction of Nursing Students. Journal of Korea Contents. 17(11). 264-273. DOI : https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.11.264
- Y. J. Kim. (2018). Influence of Nursing Student's Clinical practice Strss on Depression and clinical performance ability: Focused on the Mediating Effects of Self-care behaviors. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instructional, 18(17), 341-357. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.22251/jloci.2018.18.17.341
- Korea Nursing Society. (1996). Nursing Dictionary. Seoul: Korea Nursing Society.
- J. I. Sook. (2017). Convergence Research on the Studying Science Subjects before Entrance to Nursing department, the Score of Basic Nursing Sciences and Academic Adjustment. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(9), 117-125. DOI : https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.117
- Y. M. Jung. (2018). A Longuitudinal Study on Nursing Students' Career Identity, Career Adaptation, and Satisfaction with Major. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instructional, 18(18), 89-103. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2018.18.18.89
- K. J. Lee. (2008). Health Counseling Psychology. Seoul : EWha wonman's University Press.
- S. R. Lee. (2007). Social Human nature. Seoul : Media-Sup.
- Y. E. Lee, E. Y. Kim & S. Y. Park. (2017). Effect of Self-Esteem, Emotional Intelligence and Psychological Well-Being on Resilience in Nursing Students. Child Health Nurs Res, 23(3), 385-393. DOI : https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2017.23.3.385 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2017.23.3.385
- J. K. Myung. (2016). Relationships among professional Self-Concept, Cultural Sensitivity and Cultural Competence Nurses Working at Hospital. The Graduate School pf Public Policy Hanyang University. Master dissertation
- M. L. Sim, J. Kim & S. K. Choi. (2017). Influence of Self-esteem, Communication and Existential Well-being on Spiritual Care Competence in Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 24(4), 286-295. DOI : http://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2017.24.4.286
- S. H. Han. (2018). The effect of Satisfaction in Major, Nursing, Professionalism on career prepatation Behavior in Nursing Students. Aisa-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 8(7), 379-389. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.21742/AJMAHS.2018.07.60
- M. S. Lee & Y. M. Park. (2016). Cultural Competency by Multicultural Experience of College Students. Journal of Digital Policy and management, 14(12), 657-665. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.657
- S. Y. Yun & M. S. Kim. (2014). A study on the relevance among Self efficacy, Major satisfaction, Nursing ethics calues in Nursing Students before Students before Clinical Practice. Journal of Digital Policy and management, 12(2), 363-372. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.363
Supported by : Far East University