- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The effects of muscle activity of ambulance workers carrying a patient on a stretcher with or without helmets
구급대원의 헬멧 무게에 따른 들것 들고 내릴때 근활성도에 미치는 융합 요인분석
Shin, Dong-Min;Cho, Byung-Jun;Kim, Gyoung-Young
- Received : 2018.11.28
- Accepted : 2019.01.20
- Published : 2019.01.28
Electromygram was measured in three different cases; not wearing of a helmet, wearing of a 920g helmet, and wearing of a 1310g helmet, and it was revealed that there was a high level of muscle activities on the opposite side (sternocleidomastoid muscle) while the head and the neck were moving right and left and muscle activities of the curve and of the hyperextension were found to be not significant. Especially, the presence of a helmet seemed to cause a difference in a level of muscle activities on the deltoid and erector spine muscles while lifting or lowering with a weight placed on the deniz backboard. Therefore, it would be possible to assume that this newly developed smart helmet would not affect muscles around the necks of paramedics if they do not move their necks and heads right and left while lowering or lifting a patient using the deniz backboard. In addition, in case of the deltoid and erector spine muscles, it is shown that an increase in the degree of movement could lead to an increase in the level of muscle activities on the muscles controlling of the corresponding action, which are waist and back muscles. Despite it, it would be possible to prevent possible injuries and/or muscular and skeletal diseases around the lumbar by fully complying with a basic rule of straightening of the waist while making a power-lifting motion.
Paramedic;Muscle;Powerlifting;Musculoskeletal;Level of Muscle Activity;Helmet
- Y. J. Ahn, MC, Kang, TG Lee,(2016). "Study on Remedies of Convergence Design for Personalized Fire Helmets", J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng. 33, 5, 371-376. DOI10.7736/KSPE.2016.33.5.371 https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2016.33.5.371
- S. H. Cho(2008), "A Study on the Optimized Design of the Helmets for Fire and Gas Safety," Journal of The Korean Institute of Gas, Vol. 12, No. 3, 1-3.
- Y. T. Han, JH Jung, MJ Park,(2017). Trend analysis on the development of rescue helmets for fire-fighters. Korean institute of fire science. conference. 11, 237-238.
- P. G. Park, R Kim, HS Ro, BS Yoon(2018). A Study on Impact Analysis of Smart Structural Helmet for Firefighters. Korean Journal of Hazardous Materials. 5, 2. 111-117.
- KFIS 043, "The Standard of Firefighting Rescue Helmet", 2014.
- H. K. Kim, J. H. Sim, C. K. Kim(2008). "A Study on the Strength Analysis of the Helmets for Fire and Gas Safety", J. of the Korean Insti. of Gas, 12, 3, 31-37.
- J. H. Weon, J. S. Oh, and H. S. Cynn HS(2010). "Influence of forward head posture on scapular upward rotators during isometric shoulder flexion", Jour. of Body Mov Ther, 14, 367-374. DOI10.1016/j.jbmt.2009.06.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbmt.2009.06.006
- D. M. Shin and I. S. Lee(2006). "Dynamic Model during Emergency Medical Technicians Lifting Postures", Kor. Soci. of sport and leisure studies, 27, 203-214.
- D. M. Shin, E. J. Hong, K. Y. Kim, J. H. Kim and T. Y. Moon(2013). "Musculoskeletal Diseases in 119 Rescuers", Jour. of Digi. Policy & Management, 11, 9, 209-219.
- S. H. Hwang(2017). "Design and Evaluation of Intelligent Helmet Display System". Journal of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 45, 5, 417-428. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2017.45.5.417
- K. S. Lee and H. J. Ji(2012). "A Study of Overexertion of Neck and Arm Muscles when Working on Objects Overhead at Orchards", Proceeding of Ergo. Soci. of Korea, 67-76.
- K. S. Lee and J. W. Park(2012). "A Study of Loadings of Neck Muscles when Bent Backward", Kor. Soci. of Safety, 27, .1, 111-116.
- J. Kim, Koo SE, Lim JY, Jin MW, Choi JM,(2016). "Smart Helmet," Journal of the Korea Contents Society, 5 357-358.
- H. S. Kang, T. G. Lee, Y.J. Ahn(2016). "Necessary and Application Plan of Wearable Device in an Emergency," Korean Society of Precision Engineering, 5, 38-39.
- M. O. Oh, Shin J. K., Kang M. C., Shin B. S., and Moon M. K.(2016). "Importance-Performance Analysis for Developing Convergence Firefighter Helmets" J. of Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, 15. (6). 114-119.
- Y. J. Ahn, Lee T. G, Jeong YY, Son MA, Yu, BJ(2017). "A Study on the Design of Next-Generation Korean Bulletproof Helmet - Focusing on the Bulletproof helmet shell shape design". Journal of Video culture contents. 12, 1, 179-192. https://doi.org/10.24174/jicc.2017.06.12.179
- KOSHA 2014-46, "Standard Safety Certification of Personal Protective Equipment", 2014.
- EN 443, "Helmets for Fire Fighting in Buildings and Ohter Structures", 2008.
- NFPA standard 1971-2013, National Fire Protection Association, 2013.
Supported by : Ministry of Public Safety and Security