- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Success Factor and Failure Factor of Social Media in Korean Society: Based on the Word Analysis and the Network Analysis on Interview Data
한국사회에서 소셜 미디어의 성공과 실패 요인 분석: 인터뷰 데이터에 대한 어절분석·네트워크 분석을 중심으로
Hong, Juhyun;Kim, Kyung-Hee
- Received : 2018.10.17
- Accepted : 2018.12.03
- Published : 2019.01.28
This Study explores the reason why the social media like Cyworld, Iloveschool in Korea in the viewpoint if the layered model by interview. As a result the success factor in the viewpoint of layered model, user used social media for fulfilling the need for linking with other users and the social media offers the customized contents to user. Finally the social media dominated the market in advance. Facebook and Kakao talk are good examples of successful media. The failure factors are to care less about what other users want, to limit the expand of platform and not to copy with the change of the media environment. Iloveschool, Cyworld and Twitter are the examples of failure social media in Korean society. This study highlights the importance of the sensitivity of the change of environment. The expert mentioned the importance of 4th industrial revolution technology like AI, Big data and expected that new technology will emerge and the service will be developed by the change of user's taste.
Social Media;Layered Model;Word Analysis;Network Analysis;Customized Service
- 신동아 2012년 4월 25일자 참조.
- http://www.inews24.com/view/1086965, 2018.04.05.
- Asia - Eye on South Korea Oct. 17, 2007.
- J. Ratkiewicz, M. Conover, M. Meiss, B. Goncalves, and F. Flammini, "Detection and tracking political abuse in social media," Proceedings of the Fifth International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media. pp.297-304, 2017. Available at www.aaai.org/ocs/index.php/ICWSM/ICWSM11/paper/download/.../3274
- A. Henderson and R. Browerly, "Authentic dialogue? The role of "friendship" in a social media recruitment campaign," Journal of Management, Vol.14, No.3, pp.237-257, 2010.
- A. Quan-Hasse and A. Young, "Uses and Gratifications of Social Media: A Comparison of Facebook and Instant Messaging Bulletin of Science," Technology & Society, Vol.30, No.5, pp.350-161, 2010.
- Y. Theocharis, "Does Facebook increase political participation? Evidence from a field experiment. Information," Communication & Society, Vol.19, No.10, pp.1465-1486, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2015.1119871
- D. Wang, A. Musaev, and C. Pu, "Information Diffusion Analysis of Rumor Dynamics over a Social-Interaction Based Model," Published at 2016 IEEE 2nd International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing (CIC), 2016.
- D. M. Boyd and N. B. Ellison, "Social network sites: Definition, history, and scholarship," Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol.13, No.1, article 11, 2007.
- S. D. Reese and P. J. Shoemaker, "Media Sociology and the Hierarchy of Influences Model: A levels-of-analysis perspective on the networked public sphere," Mass Communication and Society, Vol.19, No.4, pp.389-410, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1080/15205436.2016.1174268
- E. M. Rogers, Diffusion of Innovations. THE FREE PRESS.(Collier Macmillan Publisher: New York), 1983. https://teddykw2.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/ everett-m-rogers-diffusion-of-innovations.pdf
- S. W. Littlejohn and K. A. Foss, Theories of Human Communication, (Waveland Press, Inc.: Long Grove, IL), 1992.
- P. J. Shoemaker and S. D. Reese, Mediating the message : theories of influences on mass media content, 2nd edition. 1992.
- 한국언론진흥재단, 언론 수용자 의식조사, 서울: 한국언론진흥재단, 2016.
- B. Charlie and R. Mansell, "Crossing boundaries: new media and networked journalism," Communication, culture & critique, Vol.1, No.1, pp.92-104, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1753-9137.2007.00010.x
- B. Pan, Y. Zheng, D. Wilkie, and C. Shahabi, "Crowd Sensing of Traffic Anomalies based on Human Mobility and Social Media," 2013. https://users.wpi.edu/-yli15/courses/DS504Fall17/includes/GIS2013-Crowdsensing.pdf
- 서병문, "뉴미디어 플랫폼 확산이 콘텐츠 창작 및 유통시장에 미치는 영향분석," 한국산업정보학회논문지, 제14호, 제1호, pp.43-55, 2009.
- 김령희, 안소영, 이재인, 이명진, "인터넷 확산과 정에서 PC방 정부 정책의 변화," 정보사회와 미디어, 제18권, pp.1-25, 2010.
- L. M. Lekhanya, "Cultural Influence On The Diffusion And Adoption Of Social Media Technologies By Entrepreneurs In Rural South Africa," International Business & Economics Research Journal, Vol.12, No.12, pp.1563-1574, 2013.
- A. R. Edwards, "The Moderator as an Emerging Democratic Intermediary: The Role of the Moderator in Internet Discussions about Public Issues," Information Policy, Vol.7, pp.3-20, 2002. https://doi.org/10.3233/IP-2002-0002
- Y. Ariel and R. Avidar, "Information, Interactivity, and Social Media," Atlantic Journal of Communication, Vol.23, No.19, pp.19-30, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1080/15456870.2015.972404
- 홍주현, 김경희, "언론의 정치적 성향이 뉴미디어 정책 관련 사설의 의제 및 보도 태도에 미치는 영향," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제17권, 제3호, pp.162-177, 2017.
- https://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=101&oid=024&aid=0000044229, 2013.12.16.
Supported by : 한국연구재단