- Volume 19 Issue 1
A vanishing point is a point on an image to which parallel lines projected from a real space gather. A vanishing point in a road space provides important spatial information. It is possible to improve the position of an extracted lane or generate a depth map image using a vanishing point in the road space. In this paper, we propose a method of detecting vanishing points on images taken from a vehicle's point of view using Deep Neural Network (DNN) and Histogram of Oriented Gradient (HoG). The proposed algorithm is divided into a HoG feature extraction step, in which the edge direction is extracted by dividing an image into blocks, a DNN learning step, and a test step. In the learning stage, learning is performed using 2,300 road images taken from a vehicle's point of views. In the test phase, the efficiency of the proposed algorithm using the Normalized Euclidean Distance (NormDist) method is measured.
Vanishing Point;DNN;HoG Feature;NormDist
- C. Rasmussen, "Grouping dominant orientations for ill-structured road following," in Proc. of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Vol.1, pp.I-470-I-477, 2004.
- K. Hui, J. Y. Audibert, and J. Ponce, "Vanishing point detection for road detection," in IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp.96-103, 2009.
- S. Battiatoa, A. Caprab, S. Curtib, and M. La Casciac, "3D Stereoscopic Image Pairs by Depth-Map Generation," Proceedings of the 3D Data Processing, Visualization, and Transmission, 2nd International Symposium, pp.124-131, 2004.
- R. Itu, D. Borza, and R. Danescu, "Automatic extrinsic camera parameters calibration using Convolutional Neural Networks," In: 2017 IEEE 13th International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (ICCP 2017), pp.273-278, 2017.
- 최지원, 김창익, "Histogram of Gradient를 이 한실시간 소실점 검출," 전자공학회논문지-SP, 제48권, 제2호, pp.96-101, 2011.
- N. Dalal and B. Triggs, "Histograms of oriented gradients for human detection," IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Vol.1, pp.886-893, 2005.
- OpenStreetCam, online: https://www.openstreetcam.org/, 2018.
Supported by : 한국연구재단