- Volume 19 Issue 1
Recently, many cities around the world introduced and operated shared bicycle system to reduce the traffic and air pollution. Seoul also provides shared bicycle service called as "Ddareungi" since 2015. As the use of shared bicycle increases, the demand for bicycle in each station is also increasing. In addition to the restriction on budget, however, there are managerial issues due to the different demands of each station. Currently, while bicycle rebalancing is used to resolve the huge imbalance of demands among many stations, forecasting uncertain demand at the future is more important problem in practice. In this paper, we develop forecasting model for demand for Seoul shared bicycle using statistical time series analysis and apply our model to the real data. In particular, we apply Holt-Winters method which was used to forecast electricity demand, and perform sensitivity analysis on the parameters that affect on real demand forecasting.
Shared Bicycle;Demand Forecasting;Exponential Smoothing;Holt-Winters Method;Time-Series Analysis
- 장재민, 김태형, 이무영, "서울시 공공자전거 이용특성에 관한 연구 - 여의도 및 상암 지구를 사례로," 서울도시연구, 제17권, 제4호, pp.77-91, 2016.
- T. Raviv, M. Tzur, and I. A. Forma, "Static repositioning in a bike-sharing system: models and solution approaches," EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics, Vol.2, No.3, pp.187-229, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13676-012-0017-6
- J. Schuijbroek, R. C. Hampshire, and W. J. van Hoeve, "Inventory rebalancing and vehicle routing in bike sharing systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.257, No.3, pp.992-1004, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2016.08.029
- 이상복, 임희종, 정광헌, "서울시 공공자전거 시스템 운영을 위한 효율적 관리 구역 설정," 경영과학, 제35권, 제1호, pp.55-67, 2018.
- M. Dell'Amico, E. Hadjicostantinou, M. Iori, and S. Novellani, "The bike sharing rebalancing problem: Mathematical formulations and benchmark instances," Omega, Vol.45, pp.7-19, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2013.12.001
- O. O'Brien, J. Cheshire, and M. Batty, "Mining bicycle sharing data for generating insights into sustainable transport systems," Journal of Transport Geography, Vol.34, pp.262-273, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtrangeo.2013.06.007
- P. Vogel, T. Greiser, and D. Mattfeld, "Understanding bike-sharing systems using Data Mining: Exploring activity patterns," Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol.20, pp.514-523, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.08.058
- C. Rudloff and B. Lackner, "Modeling demand for bikesharing system," Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol.2430, pp.1-11, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3141/2430-01
- A. Kaltenbrunner, R. Meza, J. Grivolla, J. Codina, and R. Banchs, "Urban cycles and mobility patterns: Exploring and predicting trends in a bicycle-based public transport system," Pervasive and Mobile Computing, Vol.6, No.4, pp.455-466, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pmcj.2010.07.002
- C. Chatfield, "The Holt-Winters Forecasting Procedure," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series C(Applied Statistics), Vol.27, No.3, pp.264-279, 1978.
- P. Newbold and C. Granger, "Experience with Forecasting Univariate Time Series and the Combination of Forecasts," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A(General), Vol.137, No.2, pp.131-165, 1974. https://doi.org/10.2307/2344546
- J. Taylor, "Short-term electricity demand forecasting using double seasonal exponential smoothing," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol.54, pp.799-805, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jors.2601589
- J. Taylor and P. McSharry, "Short-term load forecasting methods: An evaluation based on european data," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol.22, No.4, pp.2213-2219, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2007.907583
- S. Chopra and P. Meindl, Supply Chain Management Strategy, Planning & Operation, Gabler, 2007.
- P. Winters, "Forecasting sales by exponentially weighted moving averages," Management Science, Vol.6, pp.324-342, 1960. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.6.3.324
- 서정민, "시계열 모형을 활용한 사회서비스 수요.공급모형 구축," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제15권, 제6호, pp.399-410, 2015.