- Volume 19 Issue 1
The purpose of this research is to investigate the psychological factors affecting job performance of public enterprise employee. Based on the literature review, three types of job performance are identified, which are behavioral responses to the demands from job environment. They are named as task performance, contextual performance, and adaptive performance. As independent variables, four factors were selected form positive psychological concepts, which are self-efficacy, hope, optimism, and resilience. These are the factors which compose of the concept of psychological capital. All the factors are hypothesized to positively affect job performances. From the regression analysis results, all the psychological factors in the model were turned out to have statistically significant impacts on the job performances. The importance of variable 'resilience' were dominant all three models, which might be interpreted as a behavioral response to the demands from uncertain organizational enviornments. From the marginal effect analysis, contextual performance decreases first five years, then reach peak at 20th. year. These results demonstrates that mid-level employees in the organizational hierarchy are more concerned with the overall performance of organization.
Task Performance;Contextual Performance;Adaptive Performance;Psychological Capital
- 이해윤, 공공기관 종사자들의 공공봉사동기와 직무동기요인이 직무만족에 미치는 영향, 이화여자대학교 대학원, 박사학위논문, 2013.
- 신황용, 이희선, "공공조직 조직성과의 결정요인에 관한 연구: 공직동기, 신분불안, 직무만족을 중심으로," 행정논총, 제50권, 제1호, pp.1-35, 2012.
- 유태용, 이채령, "성격이 과업수행과 적응수행에 미치는 영향: 직무가공의 매개효과와 리더 임파워링 행동의 조절효과," 한국심리학회지: 산업 및 조직, 제29권, 제4호, pp.609-630, 2016.
- 김태홍, 한태영, "적응성과 및 지속적 학습활동에 대한 학습목표성향: 실책관리 풍토 및 변화지향적 팀 리더십의 영향," 인사조직연구, Vol.17, No.3, pp.117-159, 2009.
- J. A. LePine, A. Erez, and D. E. Johnson, "The Nature and Dimensionality of Organizational Citizenship Behavior: a Critical Review and Meta-analysis," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.87, No.1, pp.52-65, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.87.1.52
- P. R. Murphy and S. E. Jackson, "Managing Work Role Performance: Challenges for Twenty-first Century Organizations," in D. R. Ilgen & E. D. Pulakos (Eds.), The Changing Nature of Work Performance, pp.325-365, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. 1999.
- 유태용, 김도영, "기업장면에서의 맥락수행 구성요인에 대한 탐색적 연구," 디지털경영연구, 제8권, pp.61-91, 2002.
- W. C. Borman and Motowidlo, "Expanding the Criterion Domain to Include Elements of Contextual Performance," in Schmitt, N. and Borman, W.C.(eds.), Personnel Selection in Organization, Jossey-Bass: San Francisco. 1993.
- C. L. Pulakos, S. Arad, M. A. Donovan, and K. E. Plamondon, "Adaptability in the Workplace: Development of a Taxonomy of Adaptive Performance," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.85. No.4. pp.612-624, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.85.4.612
- F. Luthans, "Positive Organizational Behavior: Developing and Managing Psychological Strengths," Academy of Management Executive, Vol.16, No.1, pp.57-72, 2002.
- A. Bandura, Social Foundations of Thought and Action: A Social Cognitive Theory, Englewood Cliffs: NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1986.
- 이동섭, 조봉순, 김기태, 김성국, 이인석, 최용득, "긍정심리학의 응용을 통한 인사조직 연구의 새로운 접근," 인사조직연구, Vol.17, No.2, pp.307-339, 2009.
- C. R. Snyder, Handbook of Hope, San Diego, ACA: Academic Press. 2000.
- C. Carver and M. Scheier, Optimism. In C. R. Snyder & S. Lopez (eds.). Handbook of Positive Psychology : 231-243. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. 2002.
- A. S. Masten, "Ordinary Magic: Resilience Process in Development," American Psychologist, Vol.56, pp.227-239, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.56.3.227
- L. J. Williams and E. S. Anderson, "Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment as Prediction of Organizational Commitment and In-role Behaviors," Journal of Management, Vol.17, pp.601-617, 1991.
- W. Organ, Organizational Citizenship Behavior: The Good Soldier Syndrome, Lexington, MA: Lexington, 1988.
Supported by : 단국대학교