- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effect of View on Marriage, Children, Psychosocial Maturity, Social Pre-parental Role Recognition on Marriage Motivation in Colleger
대학생의 결혼관, 자녀관, 심리사회적 성숙도, 사회적 예비부모역할 인식이 결혼동기에 미치는 영향
Park, Meera;Je, Nam Joo
- Received : 2018.12.11
- Accepted : 2019.01.18
- Published : 2019.01.28
The purpose of this study is to identify the factors affecting marriage motivation in colleger and to provide basic data for the countermeasures for decrease in marriage rate. The subjects of this study were 175 colleger from K-do. Data were collected from October 1st to October 10th, 2018 and analyzed using IBM SPSS WIN/21.0 to get frequency, percentage, average, standard deviation, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson correlation coefficient, and Multiple regression. The subjects' view on marriage was 3.35 points, view on children was 3.11 points, psycosocial maturity was 2.99, social pre-parental role recognition was 3.46, and marriage motivation was 2.81. The marriage motivation of the subjects was positively correlated with view on marriage (r=.38, p<.001), view on children (r=.50, p<.001) and psychosocial maturity (r=0.25, p=.001), and psychosocial maturity was positively correlated with social pre-parental role. The most important factor that affects the subjects' marriage motivation is their view on children (
Children;Marriage Motivation;Social Pre-parental Role;Psychosocial Maturity
- R. J. Havighurst, Developmental tasks and education (5th ed), Mckay, 2012.
- H. S. Lee, The study on the development task and adjustment of Korean university students, Yonsei Unversity, Doctoral dissertation, 2014.
- Statistics Korea, Marriage and Divorce Statistics 2017, 2018.
- J. S. Park and S. G Yeoum, "The Analysis of the Structural Relationship between Self-actualization, Gender Equality Awareness, and Marriage Value in Unmarried Women," Journal of The Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol.17, No.3, pp.1633-1651, 2015.
- Y. S. Lee, D. J. Yoon, Y. K. Kang, J. M. Lim, S. C. Kim, and J. C. Kim, Social Work with Families, Yangseowon, 2010.
- A. S. Elizabeth and H. G. Lawrence, "Raising Awareness About Marital Expectations: Are Unrealistic Beliefs Changed by Integrative Teaching?," Famally Relations, Vol.49, No.1, pp.71-76, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1741-3729.2000.00071.x
- S. S. Lee, "Causes of Low Fertility and Future Policy Options in Korea," Health and Welfare Policy Forum, Vol.111, pp.5-17, 2006.
- Statistics Korea, Birth and Death Statistics Provisional Results 2017, 2018.
- G. S. Lee, "The Changes on Marital Communication over the Family Life Cycle," Journal of Korean Home Management Association, Vol.6, No.1, pp.167-187, 1998.
- O. B. Chung and S. H. Jung, Parent Education: Understanding Parental Role, Yangseowon, 2000.
- J. S. Joo, Y. T. Kim, C. S. Song, C. K. Son, and C. S. Lim, 2013 Korean Longitudinal Survey of Women & Families, Korean Women's Development Institute, 2013.
- S. S. Lee and H. J. Choi, "Comparative Study on Work and Life Balance Focused on Maternity and Childcare Leave OECD Counties," Health and Welfare Policy Forum, Vol.166, pp.119-132, 2010.
- H. Y. Kim and B. Y. Sun, "Women's Late marriage and Marriage Intention," Journal of Social Research, Vol.12, No.2, pp.3-35, 2011.
- B. R. Lee, A Study of University Student's Consciousness of Marriage and Childbirth, Catholic University of Daegu, Master's thesis, 2012.
- M. J. Chin and H. E. Chung, "The Effects of Family Values on Intentions of Marriage and Expected Age at First Marriage," Korea Journal of Population Studies, Vol.33, No.3, pp.31-51, 2012.
- S. H. Moon, "Effects of Marriage and Family Values on the Marriage Intention and Expected Marriage Age of Unmarried Young Women," Korean Journal of Family Welfare, Vol.17, No.3, pp.5-25, 2012.
- J. Y. Kim and H. S. Cho, "The Effect of Dating Relationship, Marriage Perspectives, and Marriage Images on College Students Expected Age of Marriage," Journal of Family Relations, Vol.19, No.2, pp.123-143, 2014.
- S. Y. An, H. J. Kim, H. J. Park, and T. R. Kim, Transition from Youth to Adulthood II : Comprehensive Report, National Youth Policy Institute, 2011.
- A. R. Won, The Study about Variables Influencing Marriage Intentions and Values of Unmarried Men and Women, Chung-Ang University, Master's thesis, 2015.
- M. R. Lee, "Effects of Childbirth Encouragement Policies on Unmarried Women's Motivation for Childbirth and Childrearing," The Korean Association of Family Welfare, Vol.14, No.3, pp.75-96, 2009.
- S. B. Bae, A Study on the Effects of the Childbirth Promotion Policies on the Childbirth Motives : Focusing on Full-time Unmarried Women, Konkuk University, master's thesis, 2011.
- H. U. Bak, A Study on the Effects of Cognition about Low Fertility on Childbirth Will, Sungkyunkwan University, Master's thesis, 2013.
- B. Y. Seo and S M. Hwang, "A Study on the Aging of Psychological Society of Seoul National University Students," Seoul National University Student Research, Vol.28, pp.1-31, 1993.
- S. M. Ho, Sexual Knowledge, Attitude and Sexual Behavior of the University Students, Hanyang university, Master's thesis, 2009.
- H. Y. Shin, Program Development for Preparent Eduction, Dong-A university, Docteral dissertation, 1997.
- S. N. Yeo, The Effect of Awareness about the High School Student's Marriage and Childbirth to Pre-parent's Role, Dongshin university, Master's thesis, 2014.
- Y. J. Cho, Research on Female College Students' Views on Marriage and Childbirth, Sungshin University, Master's thesis, 2006.
- S. G. Lee, Development of Structural Models regarding University Students' Attitude on Marriage, Daegu Haany University, Docteral dissertation, 2014.
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. Buchner, and A. G. Lang, "Statistical power analyses using G* Power 3.1: Tests for correlation and regression analyses," Behavior Research Methods, Vol.41, No.4, pp.1149-1160, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3758/BRM.41.4.1149
- S. H. Park, The Impact of College Students' Concept of Marriage on their Social Pre-parent Role, GongJu National university of Education, Master's thesis, 2017.
- Y. K. Lee, A Study of the Effect of Unmarried Adults' Adult Attachment to Marriage Value, Chung-Ang University, Master's thesis, 2018.
- J. K. Park, A Study on View on Marriage and Perception on Parenthood among College Students, Gachon University, Master's thesis, 2018.
- H. Kim and Y. S. Hong. "Attitude to Reproductive health, Value of Marriage and Children of University students," The journal of Korean Society for School Health Education, Vol.14, No.1, pp.13-24, 2013.
- M. R. Yoon, The Factors that Influence High School Students' View Points of Marriage and Children : Focusing on the Demographic Social Variables and Psychological Home Environment, Korea National University of Education, Master's thesis, 2006.
- J. Obradovic and M. Cudina-Obradovic, "Work Stress and Marital Quality in Dual Earner Couples : A Test of Three Mediation Models," Drustvena Istrazivanja: Casopis za Opca Drustvena Pitanja, Vol.22, No.4, pp.673-691, 2013.
- H. K. Choi and S. H. Lee, "Factors Influencing the Value of Having Children among University Students," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.20, No.4, pp.587-595, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.587
- E. J. Lee, Y. S. Kang, and J. H. Park. "A Study on Pre-parents' Perception of Parental Role and View of Children," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol.13, No.4, pp.1566-1573, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.4.1566
- H. I. Park and M. R. Park, "The effect on Sexuality and Psychosocial Maturity of College Students in Marriage and Sex Class," Asia-Pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol.8, No.8, pp.509-516, 2018.
- G. S. Kim and B. M. Kim, "Convergent Influence of Ego-Resilience, Psycho-Social Maturity on Stress Coping Styles of University Students," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.15, No.3, pp.375-383, 2017.
- J. S. Park, B. M. Kim, and Y. E. Gwan, "Influence of Psycho-Social Maturity and Self-efficacy for Contraceptive on Sexual Assertiveness of Male University Students," The Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.9, pp.461-470, 2016
- S. H. Lee, "A Study of Marital Viewpoints of Unmarried Korean Bank Employees, Elementary School Teachers and College Students," Cogito, Vol.18, pp.371-401, 1979.
- D. W. Yoon, (A) Study of Marriage-Ideology Reflected on the View of Marriage, Pusan University, Master's thesis, 1978.
- M. S. Kim, A Study of Marital Evalution Viewed by Korean Younger Generation : A Comparative Study between High School Girl's Group and Working Girl's Group, Ewha University, Master's thesis, 1987.
- S. Coontz, Marriage, a history : How love conquered marriage, penguin USA, 2006.
- U. H. Ju and G. S. Yoo, "The Effects of Romantic Beliefs on Motivation of Marriage Among College Students," Journal of Korean Home Management Association, Vol.27, No.6, pp.125-139, 2009.
Supported by : 한국연구재단