- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Dual-purpose Reagent for Separating Paper with Tape and Developing Fingerprints on the Paper Simultaneously
종이에 부착된 테이프를 박리하는 동시에 지문을 현출하는 이중목적시약(dual-purpose)에 관한 연구
Seo, Youn-Hee;Kim, Yeon-Ji;Shin, Min-Seop;Yu, Je-Seol
- Received : 2018.10.11
- Accepted : 2019.01.02
- Published : 2019.01.28
Tapes are usually used in violent crimes and may contain important evidence. Separating adhesive side should be preceded to collect these evidence. In this study, we researched a novel dual-purpose reagent that can separate the tape without damaging and develop the fingerprints on porous surface when the tape is attached to A4 paper. As a result, the reagent of 1:2 ratio of 1,2-IND stock solution and HFE-7100 can separate without damaging the adhesive surface and develop fingerprints on separated A4 paper.
Fingerprint;Tape Separating;Adhesive Surface Fingerprint;1,2-IND;Wet Powder;Dual-purpose reagent
- H. L. Barros and V. Stefani, "A new methodology for the visualization of latent fingermarks on the sticky side of adhesive tapes using novel fluorescent dyes," Forensic Science International, Vol.263, pp.83-91, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forsciint.2016.03.053
- J. A. Bailey and J. S. Crane, "Use of nitrogen cryogun for separating duct tape and recovery of latent fingerprints with a powder suspension method," Forensic Science International, Vol.210, No.1, pp.170-173, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forsciint.2011.03.004
- M. Y. Choudhry and R. D. Whritenour, "A new approach to unraveling tangled adhesive tape for potential detection of latent prints and recovery of trace evidence," Journal of Forensic Sciences, Vol.35, pp.1373-1383, 1990.
- J. W. Bergeron, "Use of liquid nitrogen to separate adhesive tapes," Journal of Forensic Identification, Vol.59, pp.7-25, 2009.
- D. A. Barker, "Liquid nitrogen for separating tapes from surfaces," FDIAI News, Vol.1, pp.14-15, 1998.
- B. M. Campbell, "Separation of adhesive tapes," Journal of Forensic Identification, Vol.41, No.2, pp.102-106, 1991.
- A. V. Maceo and K. Wertheim, "Use of ninhydrin in the recovery of latent prints on evidence involving adhesive surfaces attached to porous surfaces," Journal of Forensic Identification, Vol.50, No.6, p.581, 2000.
- A. Wilson, C. Rushton, and K. CathcartMS, Separation of Adhesive Tapes from Surfaces Using Three Different Techniques, Marshall Forensic Sciences, 2012.
- P. Police, "The use of Un-Du to separate adhesive materials," Journal of Forensic Identification, Vol.57, No.5, p.688, 2007.
- J. T. Stimac, "Adhesive tape separation with un-du(R)," Fingerprint Whorld, Vol.26, No.102, pp.153-157, 2003.
- 김선민, 테이프에 유류된 잠재지문현출을 위한 접착테이프 분리에 관한 연구, 순천향대학교 법과학대학원, 석사학위논문, 2016.
- D. Molina, "The use of Un-du to separate adhesive materials," Journal of Forensic Identification, Vol.57, No.5, pp.688-696, 2007.
- C. Wallace-Kunkel, C. Lennard, M. Stoilovic and C. Roux, "Optimisation and evaluation of 1, 2-indanedione for use as a fingermark reagent and its application to real samples," Forensic science international, Vol.168, No.1, pp.14-26, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forsciint.2006.06.006
- S. J. Gardner and D. F. Hewlett. "Optimization and initial evaluation of 1, 2-indandione as a reagent for fingerprint detection," Journal of forensic sciences, Vol.48, No.6, pp.1288-1292, 2003.
- S. M. Bleay, V. G. Sears, H. L. Bandey, A. P. Gibson, V. J. Bowman, R. Downham, L. Fitzgerald, T. Ciuksza, J. Ramadani, and C. Selway, Fingerprint source book, Home Office, 2012.
- R. Ramotowski, Lee and Gaensslen's advances in fingerprint technology, CRC Press, 2012.
- SWGFAST, "Document #10: Standards for Examining Friction Ridge Impressions and Resulting Conclusions (Latent/Tenprint)," SWGFAST, Ver.2.1, 2013.
Supported by : 순천향대학교