- Volume 19 Issue 1
The purpose of this study was to investigate the influence of constructive factors of predictive variables related to suicidal ideation, in contrast to previous studies analyzing the influence of predictive variables related to suicidal ideation. The 11,755 subjects were participated in the 12th(2017) KoWePS. After the diagnosis of multicollinearity among constructive factors of predictive variables related to suicidal ideation, and are analyzed with the statistical program Spss 23.0 as a calling logistic regression. The major findings were as follows: The more patriarchal gender role increase, the more language violence occur, the more feel loneliness, the more people treat me cold, the more drinking' black-out occur, the odds ratio of suicidal ideation increases, while the more ladder score of life increase, the odds ratio of suicidal ideation decreases. Based on this result, we suggests social welfare implications to reduce or prevent suicidal ideation, and the limitations of this study and the suggestions for future studies were also presented.
Suicidal Ideation;Predictive Variables;Constructive Factors;Logistic Regression
- 보건복지부, 고용부, 교육부, 여가부, 행안부 등 관계부처합동, 자살예방 국가 행동계획, 2018.1.23.
- 남재일, "한국 신문의 자살보도의 담론적 성격," 언론과학연구, 제10권, 제3호, pp.191-224, 2010.
- 김지훈, 김경호, "자살생각과 자살계획에 관련된 유발변인의 영향력 분석: 심리상태와 가족관련 변인 중심으로," 가족과 문화, 제25권, 제4호, pp.246-272, 2013.
- 이묘숙, "노인의 우울수준이 죽음불안에 미치는 영향 및 생활만족도 조절효과 연구," 노인복지연구, 제49권, pp.241-266, 2010.
- 이은석, 이선장, "농촌지역 노인의 스트레스, 우울 및 자살생각에 있어서 신체적 여가활동의 완충효과," 한국스포츠사회학회, 제22권, 제2호, pp.35-54, 2009.
- 배진희, "노인의 상실, 학대경험, 우울이 자살생각에 미치는 영향," 노인복지연구, 제44권, pp.49-70, 2009.
- 김정란, 김혜신, "가정폭력 및 학교폭력이 청소년의 자살충동에 미치는 영향," 보건사회연구, 제34권, 제2호, pp.310-333, 2014.
A. Crosby, B. Han, L. Ortega, S. E. Park, and J. Gfroerer, "Suicidal thoughts and behaviors among adults aged
$18^+$years-United States, 2008-2009," Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, Vol.60, No.13, pp.1-22, 2011.
- K. Devries, C. Watts, M. Yoshihama, L. Kiss, L. B. Schraiber, N. Deyessa, L. Heise, J. Durand, J. Mbwambo, H. Jansen, Y. Berhane, M. Ellsberg, and C. Garcia-Moreno, "Violence against women is strongly associated with suicide attempts: Evidence from the WHO multi-country study on women's health and domestic violence against women," Social Science & Medicine, Vol.73, No.1, pp.79-86, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2011.05.006
- L. Eshelman and A. Levendosky, "Dating violence: Mental health consequences based on type of abuse," Violence & Victims, Vol.27, No.2, pp.215-228, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1891/0886-6708.27.2.215
- J. L. Alhusen, N. Frohman, and G. Purcell. "Intimate partner violence and suicidal ideation in pregnant women," Archives of Women's Mental Health, Vol.18, No.4, pp.573-578, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00737-015-0515-2
- X. Dong, R. Chen, B. Wu, N. J. Zhang, A. C. Y. Mui, and I. Chi, "The association between elder mistreatment and suicidal ideation among community-dwelling chinese older adults in the u.s," Gerontolgy, Vol.62, No.1, pp.71-80, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1159/000437420
- J. Zhang, Y. Lie, and L. Sun, "Life Satisfaction and Degree of Suicide Intent: A Test of The Strain Theory of Suicide," Comprehensive Psychiatry, Vol.74, pp.1-8, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comppsych.2016.12.002
- A. Case and A. Deaton, Suicide, age, and wellbeing: An empirical investigation, NBER Working Paper, No.21279, 2015.
- T. Troister, M. P. Davis, A. Lowndes, and R. R. Holden, "A five-month longitudinal study of psychache and suicide ideation: Replication in general and high risk university students," Suicide Life Threat Behavior, Vol.43, No.6, pp.611-619, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1111/sltb.12043
- 김보미, 유성은, "대인관계 외상 경험자들의 사회적 유대감, 정서조절과 자살생각의 관계," 한국심리학회지: 임상, 제3권, 제3호, pp.731-748, 2012.
- 강초롱, 조영태, "사회적 차별이 자살생각에 미치는 영향: 성.연령.경제상황에 따른 차별인지 중심으로," 한국인구학, 제35권, 제3호, pp.1-27, 2012.
- 이묘숙, "노인의 사회참여활동은 사회적 고립과 자살생각 간의 관계를 매개하는가?," 정신보건과사회사업, 제40권, 제3호, pp.231-259, 2012.
- A. Stravynski and R. Boyer, "Loneliness in relation to suicide ideation and para-suicide: A population-wide study," Suicide and Life-Threatening Behaviour, Vol.31, No.1, pp.32-40, 2001.
- S. A. Kidd, "The walls are closing in, and we were trapped: A qualitative analysis of street youth suicide," Youth and Society, Vol.36, No.1, pp.30-55, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/0044118X03261435
- C. A. King and C. R. Merchant, "Social and interpersonal factors relating to adolescent suicidality: A review of the literature," Archives of Suicide Research, Vol.12, No.3, pp.81-196, 2008.
- M. M. Pervin and N. Ferdowshi, "Suicidal ideation in relation to depression, loneliness and hopelessness among university students," Dhaka University, Journal of Biological Science, Vol.25, No.1, pp.57-64, 2016. https://doi.org/10.3329/dujbs.v25i1.28495
- L. W. Li, H. Xu, Z. Zhang, and J. Liu, "An ecological study of social fragmentation, socioeconomic deprivation, and suicide in rural china: 2008-2010," SSM-Population Health, Vol.2, pp.365-372, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssmph.2016.05.007
- N. D. L. Smith and I. Kawachi, "State-level social capital and suicide mortality in the 50 U. S. States," Social Science & Medicine, Vol.120, pp.269-277, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2014.09.007
- V. Lorant, A. E. Kunst, M. Huisman, M. Bopp, J. Mackenbach, and The Working Group, "A european comparative study of marital status and socio-Economic inequality in suicide," Social Science & Medicine, Vol.60, pp.2431-2441, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2004.11.033
- M. Strobe, W. Strobe, and G. Abakoukin, "The broken heart: Suicidal ideation in bereavement," The American Journal of Psychiatry, Vol.162, No.11, pp.2178-218, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.162.11.2178
- S. U. Lee, S. W. Roh, Y. E. Kim, J. I. Park, B. Y. Jeon, and I. H. Oh, "Impact of disability status on suicide risks in south korea: Analysis of national health insurance cohort data from 2003 to 2013," Disability and Health Journal, Vol.10, No.1, pp.123-130, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dhjo.2016.06.008
- A. Cleary, "Suicidal action, emotional expression, and the performance of masculinities," Social Science & Medicine, Vol.74, No.4, pp.498-505, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2011.08.002
- D. Coleman, "Traditional masculinity as a risk factor for suicidal ideation: Cross-sectional and prospective evidence from a study of young adults," Journal of Archives of Suicide Research, Vol.19, No.3, pp.366-384, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1080/13811118.2014.957453
- J. Pirkis, M. J. Spiial, L. Keogh, T. Mousaferiadis, and D. Currier, "Masculinity and suicidal thinking," Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, Vol.52, No.3, pp.319-327, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00127-016-1324-2
- 윤명숙, "알코올중독자의 자살생각에 미치는 음주의 조절효과," 정신보건과 사회사업, 제38권, pp.113-140, 2011.
- M. Pompili, G. Serafini, M. Innamorati, G. Dominici, S. Ferracuti, G. D. Kotzalidis, G. Serrs, P. Girardi, L. Janiri, R. Tatarelli, L. Sher, and D. Lester, "Suicidal behavior and alcohol abuse," International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, Vol.7, pp.1392-1431, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph7041392
- W. C. Kerr, M. S. Kaplan, N. Huguest, R. Caetano, N. Giesbrecht, and B. H. McFarland, "Economic recession, alcohol, and suicide rates: Comparative effects of poverty, foreclosure, and job loss," American Journal of Preventive Medicine, Vol.52, No.4, pp.469-475, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2016.09.021
- 강준혁, 이혁구, 이근무, "자살관념 극복에 관한 연구: 자살 고위험집단을 중심으로," 보건사회연구, 제35권, 제3호, pp.103-134, 2015.
- 배지연, "노인자살에 관한 사례분석: 신문기사 내용을 중심으로," 노인복지연구, 제23권, pp.65-82, 2004.
- Y. Gvion and A. Apter, "Aggression, impulsivity, and suicide behavior: A review of the literature," Archives of Suicide Research, Vol.15, No.2, pp.93-112, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1080/13811118.2011.565265
- I. Orbach, M. Mikulincer, P. Sirota, and E. Gilboa-Schechtman, "Mental pain: A multidimensional operationalization and definition," Suicide Life Threat Behavior, Vol.33, No.3, pp.219-30, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1521/suli.18.104.22.16819
- K. A. Van Orden, T. K. Witte, L. M. James, Y. Castro, K. H. Gordon, S. R. Braithwaite, D. L. Hollar, and T. E. Joiner, "Suicidal ideation in college students varies across semesters: The mediating role of belongingness," Suicide Life Threat Behavior, Vol.38, No.4, pp.427-35, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1521/suli.2008.38.4.427
- H. Hendin, Recognizing a suicide crisis in psychiatric patients, In Wasserman D, & Wasserman C, editors, Oxford Textbook of Suicide Prevention, A Global Perspective Oxford University Press, pp.327-31, 2009.
- E. D. Klonsky and A. M. May, "Differentiating suicide attempters from suicide ideators: A critical frontier for suicidology research," Suicide and Life-Threaening Behavior, Vol.44, No.1, pp.1-5, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1111/sltb.12068
- T. W. Bender, K. H. Gordon, K. Bresin, and T. E. Joiner, "Impulsivity and suicidality: The mediating role of painful and provocative experiences," Journal of Affective Disorders, Vol.129, No.1-2, pp.301-307, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2010.07.023
- S. P. Whiteside and D. R. Lynam, "The five factor model and impulsivity: Using a structural model of personality to understand impulsivity," Personalty and Individual Differences, Vol.30, No.4, pp.669-689, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0191-8869(00)00064-7
- S. M. Allessi and N. M. Petry, "Pathological gambling severity is associated with impulsivity in a delay discounting procedure," Behavioral Processes, Vol.64, No.3, pp.345-354, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0376-6357(03)00150-5
- P. Baud, "Personality traits as intermediary phenotypes in suicidal behavior: Genetic issues," American Journal of Medical Genetics Part C, Vol.133(c), No.1, pp.34-42, 2005.
- S. B. Mee, B. G. Bunney, W. F. Hetrick, S. G. Potkin, and C. Reisl, "Assessment of psychological pain in major depressive episodes," Journal of Psychiatric Research, Vol.45, No.11, pp.1504-1510, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychires.2011.06.011
- Y. Levi-Belz, Y. Gvion, N. Horesh, T. Fischel, I. Treves, E. Or, O. Stein-Reisner, M. Weiser, H. S. David, and A. Apter, "Mental pain, communication difficulties, and medically serious suicide attempts: A case-control study," Archives of Suicide Research, Vol.18, No.1, pp.74-87, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1080/13811118.2013.809041
- M. T. Berlim, B. S. Mattevi, D. P. Pavanello, M. A. Caldieraro, M. P. A. Fleck, L. R. Wingate, and T. E. Joiner, "Psychache and suicidality in adult mood disordered outpatients in Brazil," Suicide Life Threat Behavior, Vol.33, No.3, pp.242-248, 2001.
- L. C. Konick and P. M. Gutierrez, "Testing a model of suicide ideation in college students," Suicide Life Threat Behavior, Vol.35, No.2, pp.181-192, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1521/suli.22.214.171.124875
- Y. Levi, N. Horesh, T. Fischel, I. Treves, E. Or, and A. Apte, "Mental pain and its communication in medically serious suicide attempts: An impossible situation," Journal of Affective Disorders, Vol.111, No.2-3, pp.244-250, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2008.02.022
- J. Frattaroli, " Experimental disclosure and its moderators: A metaanalysis," Psychol Bull, Vol.132, No.6, pp.823-865, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.132.6.823
- N. Horesh, G. Zalsman, and A. Apter, "Suicidal behavior and self-disclosure in adolescent psychiatric inpatients," The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, Vol.192, No.12, pp.837-842, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.nmd.0000146738.78222.e5
- L. S. Barnes, R. M. Ikeda, and M. Kresnow, "Help-seeking behavior prior to nearly lethal suicide attempts," Suicide Life Threat Behavior, Vol.32, No.s1, pp.68-75, 2001.
- World Health Organization, Preventing suicide: A global imperative, World Health Organization, Geneva, 2014.
- D. L. Best and J. E. Williams, Gender and culture, In D. Matsumoto(Ed.), The handbook of culture and psychology, New York, NY: Oxford University Press, pp.195-222, 2001.
- K. Kendler, L. Thornton, and C. Prescott, "Gender differences in the rates of exposure to stressful life events and sensitivity to their depressogenic effects," American Journal of Psychiatry, Vol.158, No.4, pp.587-593, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.158.4.587
- I. Niehaus, "Gendered endings: Narratives of male and female suicides in the South African Lowveld," Culture, Medicine, and Psychiatry, Vol.36, No.2, pp.327-347, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11013-012-9258-y
- 조흥식, 김혜련, 신혜섭, 김혜란, 여성복지학, 학지사: 서울, 2000.
- D. S. Eitzen and M. B. Zinn, "The missing safety net andfamilies: A progressive critique of the new welfare legislation," Journal of Sociology and Social Welfare, Vol.27, No.1, pp.53-73, 2000.
- M. E. Beutel, E. M. Klein, E. Brahler, I. Reiner, C. Junger, M. Michal, J. Wiltink, P. S. Wild, T. Munzel, K. J. Lackner, and A. N. TibubosEmai, "Loneliness in the general population: Prevalence, determinants and relations to mental health," BMC Psychiatry, Vol.17, No.1, pp.1-7, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12888-016-1163-4
- R. F. Baumeister and M. R. Leary, "The need to belong: Desire for interpersonal attachments as a fundamental human motivation," Psychol Bull. Vol.117, No.3, p.497, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.117.3.497
- D. H. Silvera and C. R. Seger, "Feeling good about ourselves: Unrealistic self-evaluations and their relation to self-esteem in the United States and Norway," Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, Vol.35, No.5, pp.571-585, 2004.
- D. Mellor, M. Stokes, L. Firth, Y. Hayashi, and R. Cummins, "Need for belonging, relationship satisfaction, loneliness, and life satisfaction," Personality and individual Differences, Vol.45, No.3, pp.213-218, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2008.03.020
- L. Andersson, "Loneliness research and interventions: A review of the literature," Aging and Mental Health, Vol.2, No.4, pp.264-274, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1080/13607869856506
- R. Mushtaq, S. Shoib, T. Shah, and S. Mushta, "Relationship between loneliness, psychiatric disorders and physical health? A review on the psychological aspects of loneliness," Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, Vol.8, No.9, pp.1-4, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1111/crj.12028
- D. Perlman, "European and canadian studies of loneliness among seniors," Canadian Journal on Aging, Vol.23, No.2, pp.181-188, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1353/cja.2004.0025
- L. C, Hawkley and J. P. Capitanio, "Perceived social isolation, evolutionary fitness and health outcomes: A lifespan approach," Philosophical Transaction of The Royal Society B, Vol.370, No.1669, 2015.
- A. M. H. Eisses, H. Kluiter, K. Jongenelis, A. M. Pot, A. T. F. Beekman, and J. Ormel, "Risk indicators of depression in residential homes," International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, Vol.19, No.7, pp.634-640, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.1137
- H. Cantril, The pattern of human concerns, New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press, 1965.
- 김지훈, 김경호, "베이비부머의 가족갈등대처전략이 가정폭력에 미치는 영향: 문제음주와 자아존중감의 매개효과를 중심을," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지 제16권, 제8호, pp.448-461, 2013.
- D. J. Bem, "Exotic become erotic: A developmental theory of sexual orientation," Psychological Review, Vol.103, No.2, pp.320-335, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.103.2.320
- D. L. Snow, T. P. Sullivan, S. C. Swan, D. C. Tate, and I. Klein, "The role of coping and problem drinking in men's abuse of female partners: Test of a path model," Violence and Victims, Vol.21, No.3, pp.267-286, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1891/vivi.21.3.267
- V. Tzouvara, C. Papadopoulos, and G. Randhawa, "A narrative review of the theoretical foundations of loneliness," British Journal of Community Nursing, Vol.20, No.7, pp.329-334, 2015. https://doi.org/10.12968/bjcn.2015.20.7.329
- 김지훈, 강욱모, 문수열, "베이비부머의 사회적 자본 인식과 사회적 자본 형성간의 관계분석: 자원봉사 및 기부활동 중심으로," 사회복지정책, 제40권, 제3호, pp.25-50, 2013.
Supported by : 경남과학기술대학교